SOHO reef

yvoneysl

You guys wanna go CF? I saw a lot of different macros there :) We can meet at Jalan Kayu :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe can meet @ Jalan Kayu >CF >T95 > last stop Iwarna if boss don't mind longbang us :whistle:whistle:whistle

Wah like Tour de France leh :lol::lol::lol: Let's gather a few more reefers... we shall do a major chiong before the year ends :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

The chiller kick-in too frequent... that's bad new cos will shorten the chiller life span & increase electricity bill :angry:

so I got another DIY session :lol:

A external temperature controller c/w 230V 10A relay for extra protection.

Total cost around 100 bucks

post-34-1164549120.ibf

• SRC Member
The chiller kick-in too frequent... that's bad new cos will shorten the chiller life span & increase electricity bill :angry:

When is that going to take place? Sounds really good...

• SRC Member

Wah bro, your DIY getting more & more complicated leh.. from bending PVC to now messing with some control circuitry... U seems to be good with electrical stuffs... very impressive :bow::bow::bow:

i am DAMN scared of wiring, current & voltage stuffs.... :paiseh:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
i am DAMN scared of wiring, current & voltage stuffs....

Must be very careful when come to wiring... I ever kiss by the current and my eyes red red for almost one week <_<

My other interest in DIY is computer. :eyebrow:

Unfortunately is for work commitment not for games.

I DIY all my office PCs, those that I use for CAD drawing & 3d-max are super fast & expensive with graphic card alone that cost me more than 1K

Now I have 2 very expensive and never ending hobbies... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Haha... I like that!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

mine filled with javascript and PHP code. sian.

Hey yvoneysl, are those three screens for three different machines or is it a single machine with triple graphics card and all link into one? I love that setup lar. especially if you do IT development. one screen for coding, one screen for testing, one screen for system error messages.

hey ur fish tank also follow that triple screen concept lar. now got one in the toilet, link to one in the hall? and then link one more to your room and one more to your kitchen. everything one integrated system. that would be super funky

---------------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in my HDB

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

copepods are good food for fishes... wahaha u can start a seahorse or pipefish tank liao.... they need such food... as they are rather fussy feeders... pods production in the refugium is good... when ur main tank kicks in the pods will provide snacks for ur fishes in the main tank

• SRC Member

good for you ! i wish i could discover pods in my tank ... dunno if my scooter blenny gets enough food from cyclopeeze and daphnia .. what do pods look like in real life without magnification ? tiny specks ? or swimming ants ?

• SRC Member
what do pods look like in real life without magnification ? tiny specks ? or swimming ants ?

My camera can not capture them... they are like 0.5-1mm white ants all over the place, everwhere :sick: will try to look for 1 or 2 seahorses to control the population :lol:

post-34-1164731837.jpg

My camera can not capture them... they are like 0.5-1mm white ants all over the place, everwhere :sick: will try to look for 1 or 2 seahorses to control the population :lol:

that's is good news! most probably from all the different types of algae u have bought. add a mandarin fish will significantly reduce ur pods's population . After that u will have headaches on what to feed ur mandarin.

:lol:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
HELP :sick:

My refugium have out break of copepods currently...what should I do...

1- add fish to control the population

2- change water

3- let it be

Hundreds and thousands of this and many other kinds

Bro Ken, Phase II of your project..

Be a copepods farmer & sell those stuffs... :D:D:lol::P

LIVE Ken Marine CopepodsTM ??? Anyone??? :eyebrow::idea:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Bro Ken, Phase II of your project..

Be a copepods farmer & sell those stuffs... :D:D:lol::P

LIVE Ken Marine CopepodsTM ??? Anyone??? :eyebrow::idea:

this is so funny!

ken marine live copepod. :lol:

bro those are good things... removing it will be a waste . :lol:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10