Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member

For the KH+Ca1 and KH+Ca2... due to my high consumption... I gotto dose 100ml each daily, that means a 1L bottle can only last me 10 days :o Setting up a CR is inevitable :huh:

For the rest of the elements... based on a 700L tank dosing... 10ml daily, that means a 500ml bottle can last me 50 days... not too bad actually :heh:

Yeah.. KH is quite a problem. I dose it daily too. Cant afford a dosing machine like yrs. So every night when I get home have to manually dose. Just to check with U. A dosing pump controls the timing and the amount?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. KH is quite a problem. I dose it daily too. Cant afford a dosing machine like yrs. So every night when I get home have to manually dose. Just to check with U. A dosing pump controls the timing and the amount?

Yes, the Grotech dosing pump controls the following:

1) Firstly, you gotto select the intended dosing volume in ml, 1ml - 9999ml.

2) Then, select the intervals within a day, for a large quantity such as 100ml, dosing 4 times a day is good. The computer will divide the dosing amount accordingly.

3) Lastly, select timing. You just have to select the starting time, say 12:00pm. With 4 intervals a day, the computer will calculate for you automatically, meaning it will dose at 12:00pm, 6:00pm, 12am and 6am... in equal dosing amount. Another smart feature is, there will never be an overlapping to dosing, meaning 2 elements dosing at the same time. The computer will shift it to the next 5 mins if overlapping occurs... hehe :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

wah!

sump got wave maker.

tank got super dosing machine.

:bow:

im lost for words.

Come on... :rolleyes: You wanna add... running a 150W MH in my sump? :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Grotech dosing pump is damn expensive! I believe it's more then 1k base on the 7 channel u got!

Well... yeah slightly more than that... but... but... but... ok I dunno what to say :eyeblur:

Been doing some experiment with my DSLR... thanks to the book I bought from Page One (Vivo City) titled:

The Essential Underwater Photography Manual by Denise Nielsen and Larry Tackett

Let me share with you guys BASIC #1 :lol:

In order to get sharper image through a wider depth of field, you can set your camera to higher aperture (represented by f). I took 3 pictures of my SPS using a tripod and remote (without flash).

Here's the first pix, having an aperture f 5.6... as you can see, part of the SPS is blurred :erm: Insufficient depth of field :cry:

post-34-1168258074.jpg

On the other extreme, I set my aperture to f 36... now the entire SPS colony is in focus... except for one problem, the slow shutter speed is too slow at 1 sec (to balance the f 36)... so the polyp extensions were blurred... not desirable <_<

post-34-1168258469.jpg

My third attempt at f 16 gives a better overall picture... good depth of field (entire colony is focus) and fast enough shutter speed to freeze the swaying polyp extensions :lol:

I will continue to do more experiments and hopefully can share with you guys in the coming days (and weeks) :heh:

post-34-1168258583.jpg

Time to reveal my lovely unique Nemo pair... Steve and Jes :eyebrow:

Moved the anemone to the front of the tank (my ex F.Rics area) as I love to see my Nemos having fun :lol: Just the sight of it... make the risk of keeping anemone well worth :lol:

post-34-1168259585.jpg

Here's Jes... looking so BLACK nowadays... refer to next pix for a before and after comparison :)

post-34-1168259655.jpg

This was how Jes looks like on the 28th Nov 2006... I somehow suspect the anemone plays a part as it really makes the pair feels more comfortable and at home B)

post-34-1168259751.jpg

what software.

so good. can change aperture.

everything in the pic becomes so sharp.

Not the software... those were 3 different shots :)

speechless

:bow::bow:

Say something lah... always speechless :lol:

Here's a piece of Plating Monti I gotten from a reefer 1 month ago.. started to encrust my LR already... and the colour is improving by the day :yeah:

post-34-1168269902.jpg

Good news... I think my tank is getting cleaner already... the cup was cleared and washed 24 hours ago... I guess this is the first time I am actually glad to see less skimmate :)

post-34-1168270233.jpg

why there's a baluku?

normal?

Hehe... it's a birth defect lah :lol: No it is definitely not normal... that's why she sometimes swims with her head facing down... especially when she's at home :heh:

Something new and mysterious... Project ######