Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member

Yeah... they do look good for the price range... made in Italy as of all Hydor products :lol:

KORALIA 1 1500 l/h 4,5 W

KORALIA 2 2300 l/h 4,5 W

KORALIA 3 3200 l/h 5,5 W

KORALIA 4 4600 l/h 11 W

I bought K1 and K2 as I do not need strong current for my "rearspeakers" :lol: Surround sound for my tank :P

Here's another shot of the K1 and K2... lovely pair :wub:

Is it bigger then tunze nano?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it bigger then tunze nano?

Yes and no... depending which model you are looking for... here's a pix of Koralia 1 put next to a Tunze Nanostream :)

post-34-1168012335.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

But there's a lot of difference in the cable length. Tunze comes with 2m while Hydor is roughly 1.3m Sigh. Or else I will get 1. :cry2:

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

But there's a lot of difference in the cable length. Tunze comes with 2m while Hydor is roughly 1.3m Sigh. Or else I will get 1. :cry2:

The K1 comes with short cable... but the K2 comes with a much longer cable... I can measure for you tomorrow... do not have a measuring tape with me :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Jervis,

care to PM me the price of the Nano Reefpack by Tunze and the price of the Nano Cleaner too.

P.S: I know it's from Seawatec. Just want to know how much it costs.

thanks.

Hi there

Kindly visit Sewatec... check their pricing there... deduct 19% VAT... add around Euro 40 for shipment via DHL :)

yeah. and do PM me the price you paid for the KORALIA and tunze nano. i would like to compare the prices and the specs, to see which is more worth getting.

thanks bro jervis.

I can't really remember how much I bought the Tunze Nanostream 6025 for... I think around $90+ :P As for the Hydor Koralia:

K1: $68

K2: $88

K3: $98? (can't remember)

K4: $118? (can't remember)

The best is to drop by any LFS that carries both brands... and compare there :)

what's your tunze nano stream Qmax?

2500 l/h :nc:

Gonna be a busy day... gotto reinstall my dosing hub... add in WAVES!!! and continue to bring up my Calcium... updates tonight :)

Is there a mini rewiew on the new hydor? :P

Hehe... a bit lazy to start another product review... well let me think about it can? :lol:

Finally... completed my Dosing Hub... 7 channels in total... quite an amazing sight :shock:

post-34-1168173532.jpg

Here's my daily dosing regimen:

Channel 1: kH + Ca 1

The solution for a quick increase of the carbonate hardness. The infeed of 50ml kH + Ca 1 increases the carbonate hardness by 2°kH with 100 l water. The ideal value is abt. 10° kH. The kH-value reflects the pH-buffer volume of the water. In case of a too low kH-value, there will be the danger of a pH-drop.

Channel 2: kH + Ca 2

The solution for a quick increase of the Calcium contents. 10ml kH+Ca 2 contains 200 mg immediately available Calcium. The ideal Ca-content of the ocean is between 400 - 450 mg/Liter. Please add kH+Ca 2 only in connection with the same quantity of kH+Ca 1 to the aquarium.

Channel 3: Vitamines and Amino acids

Consisting of 11 Vitamines and 20 Amino acids. Vitamines and Amino acids are essential for fishes and invertebrates. Amino acids cannot be built by an organism itself, but have to be continuously fed from outside.

Channel 4: Corall A contains Strontium, Magnesium, Barium, Lithium ...

Channel 5: Corall B contains Magnesium, Iron, Chrome, Mangan, Nickel, Kobalt, Copper ...

Channel 6: Corall C contains Fluor, Iodine, Bor, Molybdenum ...

Channel 7: Nil

Will stop kH + Ca 1 & 2 once my CR is up and running :)

This basically covers everything... no more manual dosing is required... will try to get AM to bring in all the additives in larger bottles... I am definitely getting lazier :paiseh:

post-34-1168174121.jpg

I'm still using my old old auto dosing device. 2hands plus 1 measuring cup! :lol:

Lucky u said 2 hands... if not I will ask you left hand or right hand :lol::lol::lol:

Hydor Koralia 1... placed inside my refugium... to generate some extra water movement... from the picture you can see that the K1 offers wide spread current (not focus like a conventional powerhead) and it is good for a distance of 1ft to 1 1/2ft. Anything beyond that is quite a stretch IMO... so only suitable for small nano tanks not exceeding 2ft... and the operation is totally silent :heh:

post-34-1168189010.jpg

How long does each bottle last?

Emm... it really depends on the tank requirements and the LS I am keeping... (refer next posting)

Wow... How often do you need to replace those bottles?

For the KH+Ca1 and KH+Ca2... due to my high consumption... I gotto dose 100ml each daily, that means a 1L bottle can only last me 10 days :o Setting up a CR is inevitable :huh:

For the rest of the elements... based on a 700L tank dosing... 10ml daily, that means a 500ml bottle can last me 50 days... not too bad actually :heh: