Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Got something very sad to report... my F. Ric been munched off :angry::angry::angry:

post-34-1165666966.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who's the culprit :angry: Free Snail anyone? :eyebrow:

post-34-1165667025.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Sad to announce... there will be a slight delay to the firing up of Hydor Performer 3000 :erm: As you can see from the pix below... it took me the entire afternoon to fill up 60 US Gallons using DI water... decided to take it slow and steady due to the fact that this 60 US Gallons is as much as 1/3 of my overall volume... any inconsistency in the water quality will threaten the balance of my system.

Therefore I will run the salt mix for a day or two... make sure all parameters in sync with my main tank... and then connect both sumps slowly coz I am trying to avoid a temperature spike too :unsure:

post-34-1165671048.jpg

Right now... I've fire-up all 3 Foaming Pumps... they create bubbles in a circular manner (cyclone effect)... as the Feeding Pump is not functioning, the pumps are basically recirculating the water over and over again. I am doing this to allow the pumps and the skimmer to start kicking in while waiting for the water inside Sump No.2 to be ready :)

Do not judge the amount of bubbles yet as the pressure is not right and the absence of water feed will not give any actual indication :)

post-34-1165672048.jpg

hey Bro,

will the sump tank be strong able to support the hydor? Seems like its going to be quite heavy when filled with water and its resting on the glass like that... looks dangerous leh... :blink:

Looking at the thickness and the construction of the glass tank... yes... :)

What happen to the rest of phase 2 ;)

Haha bro... wow you manage to find that pix... well... all I can say is... this hobby is as fluid as our imaginations :lol::lol::lol: Now that you reminded me... the cabinet extension looks so cool... I will put it as Phase III then... will kick off 2nd Q of next year :)

• SRC Member
Haha bro... wow you manage to find that pix... well... all I can say is... this hobby is as fluid as our imaginations    Now that you reminded me... the cabinet extension looks so cool... I will put it as Phase III then... will kick off 2nd Q of next year 

Phase III :ooh: blue whale tank iszit, :eyebrow: convert your office into Jervis national aquarium better still :lol::lol::lol::whistle

Been using this for a while now... revealing for the first time :lol: Actually I find this product very easy to use as it is much easier to mix the two parts together... compared to another brand I used when I first started the hobby :)

post-34-1165722839.jpg

• SRC Member

Looking at the thickness and the construction of the glass tank... yes... :)

dude, i share Dave's concern over the ability of the sump to support the weight of the Hydor 3k (fully filled up is easily 50kg rite) in the long run.

maybe u or Steve would want to relook into how to reinforce the support...

cool gadget i must agree, warao even the 'holder' u have for the outlet of the Crystal pro, i am speechless... :bow::bow:

oh. so this is the epoxy. how to use?

mix the 2 togther?

Yes mix the 2 parts (equal parts) into a single light purple colour :)

dude, i share Dave's concern over the ability of the sump to support the weight of the Hydor 3k (fully filled up is easily 50kg rite) in the long run.

maybe u or Steve would want to relook into how to reinforce the support...

Thanks for the concern dude... Steve is already constructing a stand for it :)

Hydor is finally up!!! At last!!! Still waiting for it to run-in... currently the bubbles are still coarse and sparse <_< I shall allow it 1 more day to run-in... before I start to panic :lol:

post-34-1165843874.jpg

• SRC Member
Hydor is finally up!!! At last!!! Still waiting for it to run-in... currently the bubbles are still coarse and sparse <_< I shall allow it 1 more day to run-in... before I start to panic :lol:

Wah bro, just MIA from your thread for a few days, i thought u set up a 3rd tank already....

The total flow rate of your skimmer pump already far exceed my total water circulation in the main tank.. :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Wah bro, just MIA from your thread for a few days, i thought u set up a 3rd tank already....

The total flow rate of your skimmer pump already far exceed my total water circulation in the main tank.. :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

Yeah basically Sump No.2 qualify as another tank coz the volume is high (around 60+ US Gal) :shock:

As for the flow inside the skimmer... here's a video showing exactly that... but I still expect more bubbles in the coming few days :eyebrow:

th_MOV00024.jpg

My favourite... after running for a few short hours... the foam is rising... :lol:

th_MOV00023.jpg

Ok enough tech talk... let me reveal my latest addition :lol: Bought 2 Peppermint Shrimps... good size :heh:

post-34-1165851783.jpg

Nice shrimps Bro. This is the first time I see peppermint shrimp man... Used to mistake camel shrimp as peppermint shrimp cos they do look similiar. :P

Emm... I suspect one of them is :angel:

Here's my Hydor's 1 Day Anniversary btw... too bad... no KOPI for celebration <_<

post-34-1165890463.jpg