Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Here's a nice shot of my Algae Blenny... this guy really got character... and it is very useful in creating enough motion on the shell bed to stir up detritus... but you guys should see the bombing :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1164888108.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Here's a nice shot of my Algae Blenny... this guy really got character... and it is very useful in creating enough motion on the shell bed to stir up detritus... but you guys should see the bombing :sick::sick::sick:

i LOVE your Algae Blenny.... now where is my pink glove? i gonna kidnap that cutie... :pirate:

i like the yellowish zoos ... not considering to give the LEDS a longer trail run ?

Nope... I've come to a conclusion that although the LED looks really ######... it is not designed for this purpose. I'm sure within a year or two... there will be more LED products in the aquarium trade that work well and affordable.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

A video of my Black Tang pecking on seaweed B)

th_MOV09998.jpg

Emm... actually yes and no... perhaps I move the seaweed to a lower flow location tomorrow... but if you look at the Rics behind (2 to 3" away)... you can tell that the flow is not that great... :heh:

Yeah I think if I am to move the seaweed to a lower flow area... that will solve the problem :) But the thing is... the blackie likes to hang around there... play with the current ;)

• Moderators
But the thing is... the blackie likes to hang around there... play with the current ;)

That is a good sign!!! :D

It show that it is a healthy and happy tang. :yeah::yeah::yeah:

It is their natural behaviour to swim in current. Some tangs will even play with the flow just like playing a water slide.

Tom

That is a good sign!!! :D

It show that it is a healthy and happy tang. :yeah::yeah::yeah:

It is their natural behaviour to swim in current. Some tangs will even play with the flow just like playing a water slide.

Yes!!! My Blackie will slide into the current... like surfing :lol::lol::lol:

Went to a LFS for SPS shipment during lunch break today... met 2 reefers there :)

Bought 2 pieces... here's how I slowly acclimatize them... using my Aquamedic Dosing Pump since I can't sell it :erm:

post-34-1164974122.jpg

An Acropora which I have difficulty identifying... can someone help ID it? I found some very similar looking species on the net... but can't be certain:

Acropora lokani

Acropora caroliniana

Acropora granulosa

The extended tentacles (or should I call polyps) are quite amazing... readily with the extensions... from LFS tank... to my home tank :unsure:

post-34-1164975206.jpg

Colour wise... it is slightly purple/brown base with baby blue tips (with white extended polyps) :) It comes with a small communal crab :heh:

post-34-1164975283.jpg

Guess you'll be spending more time in your office liao :lol::D

Yupe... I'm going back tomorrow morning at 9am ;)

Here's a video for all to enjoy... amazing polyps I must say :shock:

th_MOV00001-1.jpg

cause your tank condition so good. put anything sure open.

No lah... can't possibly be... probably this is a variant of the usual Acropora... but aren't those polyps lovely? :P

My first casualty spotted this morning :cry2: A slightly disintegrated Sand Sifting Star :cry2:

Molting spotted too... dosed Iodide yesterday :nc:

post-34-1165030468.jpg