Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member

looking forward to the next few weeks update ...

a bit lazy to post nowadays .. ran into quite a bit of bad luck in reefing .. and hoping to just tide thinks out beore i start being active .. plus the sudden revival of rude remarks going around... its quite demoralising ..

anyhows .. im quite puzzled by the shells .. its good substrate .. but would it get crushed under the weight of the LR ?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyhows .. im quite puzzled by the shells .. its good substrate .. but would it get crushed under the weight of the LR ?

Those shells are harder than they seem :lol: My LR will not be resting on the shells btw... will update you guys on later on how both me and tank maker planned to introduce the LR :)

The shells are good substrate (and relatively expensive compared to $5 sand)... but I'm sure it will be worthwhile in the long run :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

FINALLY!!!

post-34-1158240043.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

very nice colour :lol: i think this is the first time i see a marine aquarium with a "golden shell" bed :upsidedown:

Haha... yeah I'm quite curious how it will turn out to be under my T5s :lol:

actually i dont like it. its look like sandbed with diatom.

Emm... the Australian Gold I placed on the surface... just one pack... maybe stir them tomorrow so that the surface is less brown :) Also the flash light made the pix more red/brown :heh:

Close up of the Australian Gold aragonite :nc:

post-34-1158243251.jpg

Ready for the next step... :lol: Will cover the overflow box soon... will not see the Durso and etc.

post-34-1158243378.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks bro... do visit more often... a lot will happen in the coming 2 weeks :lol:

Note: I do work on/maintain the tank during lunch hours (I usually skip lunch), after working hours and in the weekends :)

A Boss is a Boss, you answer to no one, you have earned the right!

So KEEP REEFING, work are for workers.Boss got more important to do like...Reefing :D:D:D

My Reefing Mission:-

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

DSB chamber... showing the Plenum with around 1" gap beneath the white mesh... will fill it up with Nature's Ocean Live Sand (Aragonite) once the water condition is right :)

ATI BM 250 on the left, bubble counter on the right... pumps compartment on the far right :)

post-34-1158244167.jpg

erm, because i got use the shell also. you will know hell when hair algae grow on them. seahare dont touch them. haha

Emm... then I shall make sure my tank got no algae/diatom bloom :lol::lol::lol:

Wat the thickness of the sand bed with 4 pack of puka shell??

Yupe 4 packs :)

I just want a thin layer... so 4 packs is sufficient... but of course... can add anothe 2 packs... just more washing :lol::lol::lol:

Wat the thickness of the sand bed with 4 pack of puka shell??

Sorry misread your post... 1.5" thick :)

My sump... still waiting for a few more equipments and Aquatronica to complete the picture... will focus on power management and safety next :)

post-34-1158252723.jpg

Considering removing the bioballs... probably not replacing with other media... the only worry is noise... I don't think I can endure water fall sound effect all day long :lol:

Any suggestion bros and sis? Thanks in advance...

post-34-1158253059.jpg

• SRC Member
Considering removing the bioballs... probably not replacing with other media... the only worry is noise... I don't think I can endure water fall sound effect all day long  :lol:

Any suggestion bros and sis? Thanks in advance...

leave the bio balls there...its perfectly alrite......but of cuz....u need to cover it wif a piece of filter wool on top.....cover the area completely so tt those dirt will nt get clog in the bio ball chamber....

oh ya....i realise that the bio balls are filled right to the top.....remove 10% of it so as not to resist the flow through that chamber...

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

leave the bio balls there...its perfectly alrite......but of cuz....u need to cover it wif a piece of filter wool on top.....cover the area completely so tt those dirt will nt get clog in the bio ball chamber....

oh ya....i realise that the bio balls are filled right to the top.....remove 10% of it so as not to resist the flow through that chamber...

Thanks bro... that's exactly what I need to hear :bow::bow::bow:

Historica... first taste of DI water at 8.45am... will see how much time needed to fill up my humble little tank :lol:

post-34-1158282828.jpg

• SRC Member

Common sense will tell u its 0. If its not, what's the point of running DI........

I believe if the tds level is below 20, it is still regarded as optimum, had read that somewhere in RC. If it's above 20, use it for something else then.