Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

The "jewel system" is from Dupla system some 20years back.

I think the your jewel system is not properly done.

The "bottom skimming" is a very good system to enchance your flashing.

Just like young men taking Vigra, how potent!

Since your tank is dry, add it in, you will have no regret.

Quite unlikely the filter that originally came with the Juwel tank was not done properly... but again that was so many years ago :nc:

Will give this idea a "skip" this round as I believe what I have in place this time round is sufficient in solving dead zones and trapped detritus problems.

Thanks bro Minireef and bro Soul... at least we've discussed this issue and I will not regret not applying it :)

About young men taking ######... :off::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd round of fixing... finally the sump is complete!!! :yeah:

Here's how the sump's overflow outlet looks like... the PVC pipe that runs across the sump (middle portion) is connected to the DI water top-up station :)

Love the Bioballs... make the sump looks more like a sump :lol: Will decide 2 months later whether to remove the bioballs, replace it with some other media or retain them.

post-34-1158062673.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Showing the DI water top-up station on the left... running an Aquabee 300 :) Controlled by Aquatronica :heh:

post-34-1158064657.jpg

Last piping pix of the day... my return outlet... the tank maker purposely sourced for a very dark grey piece to blend in with the black background better... partly my idea also :lol:

post-34-1158065079.jpg

Finally... my DI water filter :yeah::yeah::yeah: All connected and ready to use... this is my pantry wall (converted from a bathroom)... about 5 to 7 ft away from my tank :)

post-34-1158065402.jpg

your draining pipe might not work. it can only drain that much of water if your return pump is shut off during draining.

Emm... you do have a point there... doesn't allow me to change more than 5% water... will check with my tank maker again... probably can convert this into a stand-by outlet for any gravity feed equipments in the future :)

Are you connecting the automatic water level top-up system to the Kalkwasser reactor for the supply of saturated limewater or just DI water alone?  :rolleyes:

DI water only... will consider later if a KR is required... already eyeing on a cool unit :lol: I will try to measure the volume of the chamber so that I can do markings on the glass container :)

I like your DI water top-up tank, small foot print large volume. But cant afford Aquatronica so will go for automatic top off system from JBJ. :P

Yeah it's like the New York twin towers actually... very slim indeed... well you can build a chamber and use your JBJ also :) Just get a suitable pump... Eheim also produces very small pumps.

The Hawaiian Puka Shell... requires a lot of rinsing and washing... only manage to wash 3/4 pack as I need to rush off for a photoshoot :erm: (I art direct only... unfortunately I am not the model :lol: ) Although a very tideous process... I guess I don't get to do this very often :P

post-34-1158067160.jpg

Your Aqua-Bee UP300 is better cos running on 4W compare Eheim 1046 5W.  :lol:

Any ideal where can find even smaller pump like 100l/h

You can try the Tunze top-up pump... I am currently using it coz it comes with the Tunze Reefpack 500. I'm sure you know where to find it :) Or... the Tunze mini pump... I am currently using it for my Phosban 150 FR (old tank) and it works perfectly!

You can also try Eheim Compact 300... cheap and good :P

Last pix of the day... ground filling ceremony :lol: Only manage to wash this much this afternoon ;) Will work harder tomorrow... if everything goes according to plan... will fill up with DI water Thursday... wonder how long will it take :eyebrow:

post-34-1158067839.jpg

• SRC Member
Last pix of the day... ground filling ceremony :lol: Only manage to wash this much this afternoon ;) Will work harder tomorrow... if everything goes according to plan... will fill up with DI water Thursday... wonder how long will it take :eyebrow:

need part time worker? $10 per hour :lol:

Current tank

Past tank

Thanks bro Dominik and Godzilla for the kind offer :lol: I think I will manage... NO mountain too high for me... NO ocean too deep for me :pinch:

Sorry :off:

If I locate the freshwater reservoir tank above the sump by gravity feed, I can save one pump. :evil: Any idea where can I buy good quality solenoid valve that can control by Automatic top up system. :bow:

Don't you think a good quality solenoid valve will costs more than a Eheim Compact 300?