Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro jervis, how high of the water level of the BM segment in your sump, you mentioned the ideal water level of BM is 6"~8". But, look at your is more lower then 6", is it correct?

If it was, why?

Hi bro Tim07... welcome back to Sg... well yes 6" to 8" is ideal height for the BM... my water level for that compartment is around 6 1/2" to 7". No problem at all.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

bro at this rate u needa start a new thread to post on the LS u are adding in slowly :lol:

I might actually... :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The piping work is almost complete... will continue early next week as I will be away for a short weekend getaway... yes... get away from reefing for 2 days :lol::lol::lol:

Will update you guys again with amazing pics... well... I've not seen many tanks... but my 4 footer must be one of the most high-tech looking around (not shy :paiseh: )... kudos to the tank maker :bow::bow::bow:

I am very very satisfied so far... :evil:

Ok guys... need to rush to the airport soon... so just a quick update :P Here's how the return pump looks like... the pipings, ball valves are so solid... they totally overwhelmed by Red Dragon 6,5m3 external return pump :lol:

What you guys think? :) Please don't ask me too much technical questions... I am still learning what ball valves are for :P

post-34-1157705738.jpg

Another tank feature... Flushing System... the return pump (T-off) will send jets of water through the PVC structure drilled with holes at strategic locations. The entire structure will be covered with rock scape... flushing the LR and shell bed from top, bottom, left, right... almost all directions. Pushing detritus and wastes to the front to be carried to the overflow by my Tunzes :)

The pix shows only part of the system :unsure:

post-34-1157706009.jpg

bro Bon Voyage....! :D

In the Singapore Airlines Silverkris Lounge now... flight slightly delayed... they have 2 mis reef tanks here in the lounge... pathetic looking... have never seen such skinny fishes before and the sumps are like war zone!!! Using Atman powerheads as wavemaker ;)

Will share with you guys some pix once I return Sg.

red dragon..hm..... can pm me the price and where to get....

Yeah bro Milky... my first RD... let's see how quiet can it be...

If everything goes according to plan... will be able to complete the piping works by Monday... fill tank with DI water by mid week and add salt by end week... i can feel the momentum building up :rolleyes:

The Arctica 1/3hp has already been connected... the 1/3hp model is much wider than the 1/4hp CPU-looking slim body. It looks very convincing to me... like full of energy waiting to explode :lol: Hopefully it can help bring down my temperature by 1.5 deg celcius within 20 minutes :yeah:

I'm so addicted to SRC... I have to beg for a computer and "kill" for an internet connection over here in KL to come back in... :D You guys planning something exciting for this weekend? I will reach Sg around 6pm Sunday <_<

Cya!

• SRC Member
I'm so addicted to SRC... I have to beg for a computer and "kill" for an internet connection over here in KL to come back in... :D You guys planning something exciting for this weekend? I will reach Sg around 6pm Sunday <_<

Cya!

hi bro jervis!

haven't come back? Waiting for ur update! :whistle

Guys... relax... I just came back last night... will try to do an update tonight :)

welcome back bro... its such a pleasure reading your tank thread... :D:D

The pleasure is mine bro Chris... there will be more "pleasures" coming soon... more :evil:

Another closer look at the Flushing System... a network of PVC pipes... the structure will securely land on the surface of the glass making is very sturdy... even allows for stacking of LR (if ever needed).

The T-off to the Flushing System is controllable... so I can sometimes create a very strong flush whenever necessary :)

The tank maker will continue work today... hopefully more pix to post tonight :nc: Two words describe my tank right now... slow and steady :lol:

post-34-1157951585.jpg

Piping is almost done... the nearer outlet is connected to the Flushing System... the further away is the return outlet :)

Haha... after all these... I still know NUTZ about piping/plumbing/DIY ;) I think it's genetic :lol:

post-34-1157973888.jpg

My chiller :lol: Love the professional-looking piping works... neater than rubber hose... really appreciate the efforts that went into the setup... even outside the tank (for this matter).

The space between the chiller and the tank will be covered by a cabinet extension in Phase II.

post-34-1157974161.jpg

• SRC Member
My chiller  :lol:  Love the professional-looking piping works... neater than rubber hose... really appreciate the efforts that went into the setup... even outside the tank (for this matter).

The space between the chiller and the tank will be covered by a cabinet extension in Phase II.

like that your chiller will be fixed at that position

Current tank

Past tank

I know you guys are probably sick :sick: of all these pipings :erm: Well... I have nothing much to show :P Here's a shot below the external overflow box (view from the sump cabinet upwards) things are nice and neat... the way I like it... also like the curved PVC pipe :lol: That's the overflow outlet to the sump :P

post-34-1157974396.jpg

• SRC Member
I know you guys are probably sick :sick: of all these pipings :erm: Well... I have nothing much to show :P Here's a shot below the external overflow box (view from the sump cabinet upwards) things are nice and neat... the way I like it... also like the curved PVC pipe :lol: That's the overflow outlet to the sump :P

post your overflow internal pic leh

Current tank

Past tank