Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Just to reveal a little bit on one of my little gadgets... mysterious huh? :ph34r::fear::ph34r:

post-34-1157039260.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... yeah it's very very mysterious :fear:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i think it's a big return pump

Nope... I'm using a Red Dragon as a return pump... remember? :D

Another shot of my "little" toy :lol:

post-34-1157040611.jpg

what's the pump rate?

5000L/min?

The Red Dragon? 6500L/hour!!! Dun try to trick me to reveal my toy hor... got such high capacity pump for aquarium trade? 5000L/min is 300000L/hour leh!?! :shock:

Ok guys... stop guessing coz you guys will not be able to guess it correctly lah... I shall reveal very soon... once the sump is fully functional :P

:fear::ph34r::fear:

• SRC Member

The Red Dragon? 6500L/hour!!! Dun try to trick me to reveal my toy hor... got such high capacity pump for aquarium trade? 5000L/min is 300000L/hour leh!?! :shock:

there are actually pumps this strong. for fountains that fire 3-4 inch diameter jets of water into the air 5 stories high, yup, those pumps are like super strong. you stand onto it sure to get your feet blasted off. dun try. cos i stuck my finger into one before. almost got it dislocated. hahaha

• SRC Member
Emm... I guess there are many ways to get things done... but definitely I will not let my LR go dry after curing... sorta defeat the purpose of the entire exercise really  :)  I shall proceed with my plan as I feel more comfortable with it.

:off: So wat should i do? I heard that even though LFS said cured rock (But sometimes it didn't or semi-cured), And i surely need to buy from LFS coz i don't know any Marine Hobbyist from Sg and I dun think they will sell me with cheaper prices or give me FOC :evil:

Any Threads or References that I can read about curing live rock? or show me how to do and what to do after i purchase? As a Noobie, I dun noe anything :cry:

Sry for :off::bow:

:thanks:

:off:  So wat should i do? I heard that even though LFS said cured rock (But sometimes it didn't or semi-cured),  And i surely need to buy from LFS coz i don't know any Marine Hobbyist from Sg and I dun think they will sell me with cheaper prices or give me FOC  :evil:

Any Threads or References that I can read about curing live rock? or show me how to do and what to do after i purchase? As a Noobie, I dun noe anything  :cry:

Oh yes, don't take their words for it... there's only 1 way to find out... get it from a trusted LFS (to you). If you want to learn more, why don't you drop me a PM so that we can discuss further. When is your new tank be ready btw?

Actually you can tell if the rocks are cured or not... go to their holding/curing tank... look at the water clarity, the surface of the rocks, the algae growth & most importantly the smell. If the water smells badly... you know they are still curing :D Also observe the way they cure the rocks... any filtration system? Any protein skimmer?

But of course, you have to pay for the best! Another way is to approach a LFS/tank maker that can offer you this service as a package (together with your tank & equipments). That's the only way to get affordable cured rocks.

If you walk into a LFS and ask for cured rocks, be prepared to pay a premium as they are doing all the "shit" on behalf of you :lol: