Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Count me in leh... if you are going to organize a gathering.

Really wanna see your pretty tank in person...... :yeah:  :yeah:

Ok will announce once closer to the selected date... now how about FoxFace Dance? :lol:

post-34-1188916614.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Have you finish reading? I will try to organize a small gathering next month... will let you know :)

Still at 186 and tabulated that you have easily spent:

Main Tank only:

Tank = S$???

Pump & Wave maker = S$3000+ or more

Aquatronics = S$4000 or more

Lights = S$4000 or more

Skimmer =S$2000+ or more

Chiller = S$2000+ or more

Exclude Fishes & Corals

This is only the main items, you easily spent = S$30K in this hobby :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

:angel:Will definitely like to view the :yeah: LIVE :yeah: show

Still at 186 and tabulated that you have easily spent:

Main Tank only:

Tank = S$???

Pump & Wave maker = S$3000+ or more

Aquatronics = S$4000 or more

Lights = S$4000 or more

Skimmer =S$2000+ or more

Chiller = S$2000+ or more

Exclude Fishes & Corals

This is only the main items, you easily spent = S$30K in this hobby :bow:

Stop counting please :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Aquatronica is less that $3k in total (with additional probes and power bars) :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Okie....sorry for the hurting the wound

SO how is the dual FR doing?

Oh yeah... the Twin Turbo... u got PM :D

I have something ugly to share with you guys :cry:

My Black Tang (hybrid) been with me for almost 1 year... contracted "hole in the head" since young... been strong and healthy... but unsightly :(

Any reefers with experience in curing and preventing? As far as I know... I've been feeding my LS a great variety of food :erm:

post-34-1188957737.jpg

• SRC Member

My Black Tang (hybrid) been with me for almost 1 year... contracted "hole in the head" since young... been strong and healthy... but unsightly :(

Any reefers with experience in curing and preventing? As far as I know... I've been feeding my LS a great variety of food :erm:

Maybe this thread is of some help.... dkk08....

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...15entry678171

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

I use to HLLE on my tangs. They went away slowly after I started adding Selcon to their diet. 0.5ml mixed with henry's food every other day. See this link for a source to get it http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/AddProduct.asp?ProdID=171

This seems to help. Some reefers seems to think that Vit c would help too. Kent Marine has a vit C supplement that yoiu can try.

I'm back!!! :D:D:D

post-34-1189153387.jpg

where you went this time?

Redang... can u see our little ship? :D

post-34-1189158253.jpg

Our "little" ship can only dock 30 mins away from the Marine Park... gotto take a transfer boat :)

post-34-1189163591.jpg

omg redang is the place that i always wanted to go.. share more on the trip lei..

It's definitely worth the trip... go for it bro!

This is not just an island... it is a preserved Marine Park.. there is basically no development around the area :)

post-34-1189172204.jpg

The nearest hotel is Laguna Resort and it's about 20 min boat ride from the Marine Park Centre :nc:

post-34-1189172306.jpg

This place is perfect for snorkeling... SPS (shaded area in the pix) grow very close to the beach... at some points the SPS are so close to the water surface is it impossible to snorkel over without hurting yourself :erm:

post-34-1189172438.jpg

Lots of extremely large SPS colonies... amazing tabling Acroporas :shock::shock::shock:

post-34-1189172651.jpg

were the sps in the water very tempting.

makes you wanna take a few frags home?

:lol:

Actually never thought of that... I was awestruck by the sight of them thriving and those fishes swimming around me :)

what is the difference between hybrid specimen? actually they do look almost the same to mi. maybe a pro can explain ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

what is the difference between hybrid specimen? actually they do look almost the same to mi. maybe a pro can explain ?

An article by Coral Magazine has a picture of a hybrid Black Tang that looks very similar to mine... they believe it is a cross-breed between Black Tang and Scopas (Brown Tang).

This hybrid specimen of mine is not entirely black, the face portion is slightly silverish with silver short lines as motif.

The same article also mentioned that the hybrid Black Tang is less agressive and hardier compared to pure Black Tang. Now that's interesting :)