Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member

by melting the food with di water is correct.. but u got to rinse it few time before u feed them.. this will reduce even more phosphate.. this was taught by bro barnacle the previous time i went to his place..

jervis.. u can try melting ur food with tap water first.. followed by ur di water.. stir them and the rinse them off.. this is wad i do lah.. and i feed even more.. comparing i'm using a small skimmer and feeding alot of fishes too.. haha.. :D

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I see that you are using a Arctica 1/3hp Chiller for your huge tank. Maybe its time for an upgrade? :lol:

Even Im using a 1/2 HP chiller for my 4 2 2 tank with 3 ft sump. And it only kicks in for 15 minutes every hour when lights are on and 15 minutes per 1.5 hours when lights are off.

juz a half cent's worth from a person sick of studyin for exams. haha..

(interesting thing to point out that, how come the increase in temp for all 4 cycles are all similar, considering that there is v minimal heat input to the water at night... so shouldnt the gradient for e night cycles be more gentle...? )

Hi bro Colinsoon... I like it when you ask questions :lol::lol::lol:

With the information provided by Aquatronica... it will be a "crime" to ignore that fact that something ain't right... and just let the chiller continue to "sucks" the Middle East dry :pinch:

I spent some time studying it... and here are just some thoughts... will continue to focus on this issue till it is resolved.

More to come :)

post-34-1176169366.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's what I did this morning...

1) Moved that filing cabinet away... gosh I am running out of space... papers and folders everywhere :lol:

2) Placed a powerful fan in front of the chiller air inlet... connected to Aquatronica, will kick-in together with the chiller. Gotto bear in mind the fan consumes 50W on its own ;)

3) Placed my in-sump Aquatronica temperature probe to monitor the temperature surrounding the chiller. Currently, room temperature (chiller resting) 26.3ºC, tank temperature 26.1ºC.

post-34-1176170079.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hey bro!!! Long time no see... still resisting the DARK SIDE? :lol::lol::lol: If you wanna try SPS... come to my office... I will bring you over to the DARK SIDE :evil::evil::evil:

LOL....i dont even have a "normal" tank right now. Kinda abit tied down with some stuff. Hoping i'll be able to start one next year though, will need your expertise badly then! Haha.... :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Hoping i'll be able to start one next year though, will need your expertise badly then! Haha.... :lol:

Next year is only months away... and I will suggest you cycle your tank for at least 6 months... which means you gotto get your tank ready by next month :lol::lol::lol:

Sheesh.....lol, oh please.....i wouldn't be able to resist the temptation even for 3 months....6 is IMPOSSIBLE. Haha....any idea AM has interest free installments for which C.C? :P

DBS I think... not sure about the rest... I heard they will offer SUPER SALE on all products to celebrate the opening of their Katong branch... but only "wind" lah :lol::lol::lol:

Collect my new toy from AM just now... had a word with Janet... all I can say is... don't spend a single cent this weekend :lol::lol::lol: What's in store next weekend is very very exciting :eyebrow:

Will take some pix tomorrow... my new toy can barely fit into my car boot :lol::lol::lol:

let me guess. upgrading to a 5footer. the tank cant fit into your car.

or you're gettin a new sump. those super high tech ones.

Hello... you think I need to carry my own tank or sump??? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Collect my new toy from AM just now... had a word with Janet... all I can say is... don't spend a single cent this weekend :lol::lol::lol: What's in store next weekend is very very exciting :eyebrow:

Will take some pix tomorrow... my new toy can barely fit into my car boot :lol::lol::lol:

additional lightings?.... :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

additional lightings?.... :lol:

Err... that 10 tubes ATI Powermodule almost covers my entire footprint :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Err... that 10 tubes ATI Powermodule almost covers my entire footprint :lol::lol::lol:

a new skimmer?.......if not a high wattage UV??..

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

a new skimmer?.......if not a high wattage UV??..

Aiyo... stop guessing lah... it's just a simple transparent acrylic tube lah... a 4ft tall FR... custom-made... tallest the manufacturer has ever produced :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Aiyo... stop guessing lah... it's just a simple transparent acrylic tube lah... a 4ft tall FR... custom-made... tallest the manufacturer has ever produced :lol::lol::lol:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

bro...show some pic of it..!! :shock:

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member
Think they give POSB and DBS instalment plans. Problem is if there is a discount, probably they wun let U use the instalment plan.

Oh well, i'll have to save up enough then....don't have that kind of cash avaliable to dump it all in at one go.....anyway, thanks for the info! :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

A bit more relieved this morning... chiller seems to be a acceptably normal :huh:

Based on the graph, the removal of the filing cabinet (to allow plenty of space for air-circulation) and the installation of a fan in front of the chiller air inlet does help.

The longest running time to chill 1ºC for the past 24 hours was 2 1/2 hours (2.30am - 5.00am) as opposed to 5 hours (3am - 8am) 2 days ago :o That's a very significant improvement :eyebrow:

On the graph, the yellow line on top represents room temperature surrounding the chiller. It shows that 29.3ºC was the highest point at 4.30am.

It is also interesting to note that at 10pm, the running chiller increased the surrounding temperature from 27.4ºC to 29.2ºC within a 2 hour period.

I will continue to improve the situation... hoping to further cut-down the running time. But on the other hand... more equipments are coming... easily adding 100W worth of power consumption (and heat) into the system :shock:

post-34-1176258816.jpg

bro...show some pic of it..!! :shock:

Here you go... I hope 2 tubs of SORB4 will be enough :ooh:

post-34-1176261424.jpg

Just curious....why would u even need something that big? :huh:

It's part of some experiments that I will be doing in the coming weeks... will provide you guys more information along the way :)