Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member

Cannot as the specimen is quite deep inside... I need a even more powerful macro lens to achieve that ;) Please don't suggest I go that direction :lol:

Here's a macro just as stunning... specially for you sis... red red LAVA!!!

wow, dats a stunning macro pic ;)

nice prata :lol:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, dats a stunning macro pic ;)

nice prata :lol:

Sis, that day you asked for a pix of my Maxima right? Here you go... but not a very nice shot ;)

post-34-1174046958.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's a rare occurance caught in the act... no... not Hermit mating... but my Hermit trying to dig out my Snail so that he can take over the shell :o But the snail has a protective shield :lol: Let's see what's the final outcome :eyebrow:

post-34-1174047177.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

haha , not me lah ;)

but dats a nice shot too :lol:

Not you meh? Oh yeah... you are only into Pratas and Sea Cucumbers :lol::lol::lol: No Clams :angel:

warao <_<

like dat u oso can twist it to R.A. :ph34r::heh:

Haha... I am a twisted man :pirate: with a twisted taste when it comes to selecting fishes... here's my new addition :D

My Falco's Hawkfish... very cute personality... but beware if you have small shrimps :lol:

post-34-1174048645.jpg

Apparently the details on the dorsal fins are called CIRRI... beautiful :wub: I think hawkfishes are very very attractive and one of the lowest rated fishes around :lol:

post-34-1174048799.jpg

dats a beauty... beautiful but greedy

does it fight with the flame hawk?

Nope... before I bought it already checked... my tank should be able to sustain a few small Hawks without much trouble :) Still not acting greedily yet :heh:

• SRC Member

Well... that's a very possible scenario bro Godzilla... definitely more heat transfer as MH is known to do that... but for my case, I will be combining/replacing some of the pumps in my tank as early as next week... by saving up to 100W worth of 24/7 pump consumption... I believe that will counter the increment.

Bottomline is... yes my chiller will work harder no doubt... that's part of the hobby I guess :unsure:

It will. I've done it with my return pump by replacing 2 1260 return pump and use an 8m3 pump. Saved me a bundle per month on electric cost. My next replacement would be to get a bigger skimmer and use gravity fed instead of using a pump to feed the skimmer. The skimmer upgrade would materialise when I have the funds for it. :)

For your case Jervis, a 100w less being consumed may offset the increase of electric being used by the chiller but if you had bought a higher spec chiller, the increase might just be a tad extra. You could install a fan blowing across beneath the mh light as your office is air conditioned if I'm not wrong. The cool air blowing might lessen the heat transfer onto the water in the tank.

Hope this helps! :)

You could install a fan blowing across beneath the mh light as your office is air conditioned if I'm not wrong. The cool air blowing might lessen the heat transfer onto the water in the tank.

Hope this helps! :)

Simple but effective... will look into it once I've completed all the upgrading works :) Yeah... a gravity feed for the skimmer is a very efficient way of running most skimmers... something which I might explore later on :D

Went to GO today around 4pm... a couple of hours late but still quite a bit of GEMs left :lol: Bought 2 pieces... will update tomorrow :heh:

I think I saw you there. You were the only customer there when I left I think.

Really? But when I left... the store still has about 4 to 5 other customers ;)

Major update tonight... let's start with an encouraging news... although my PBT has yet to accept my feeding... it is finally bold enough to peck on the Green Seaweed (Julian Sprung) openly... at least a good sign :)

post-34-1174303859.jpg

whew... can breathe a sigh of relieve liao ;)

Yupe... truely relieved... now I just gotto constantly provide it Seaweed :D

Something new... bought a nice piece of Blue/Silver Xenia last weekend... looking really healthy :P This pix is great as desktop wallpaper actually :lol:

post-34-1174305554.jpg

nice xenia ;)

is it pumping? :lol:

Not really :cry2:

i think the PBT too hungry already. no choice. have to come out.

Yeah he does look kinda skinny... but luckily no white spots to make things worse :erm:

Here's the 2nd piece of Red Bamboo... ended up being Starfish food :lol: I think the decaying organisms on the rock help feed my Red and Blue Linckia :unsure:

post-34-1174312034.jpg

First time featuring this small colony of Clove Polyps... introduced more than a month ago :lol:

post-34-1174320233.jpg