Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Time for some updates... let's start with a FTS... pardon the sand bed :shock: fueled by the 24hr coral feeding... fixing the problem right now :erm:

Can see my Goldflake Angel?

080301.jpg

Side view... I leave my Algae Clipper/suction in my tank all the time to get the fishes to get familiarize with it :heh:

080302.jpg

Can you spot my Blackie? :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A series of BEFORE & AFTER to share with you guys...

Start with my Yellow Milli... the yellow turned darker and the polyps are green now... quite significant growth too :)

30th Jan 07

300102.jpg

8th Mar 07

080303.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

This piece of Acro very obvious... let the pix do the talking :lol:

5th Feb 07

050202.jpg

8th Mar 07

080305.jpg

Remember my Gonio Hill? :lol:

22nd Nov 06

021104.jpg

8th Jan 07

080309.jpg

• SRC Member
Time for some updates... let's start with a FTS... pardon the sand bed :shock: fueled by the 24hr coral feeding... fixing the problem right now :erm:

Can see my Goldflake Angel?

080301.jpg

Side view... I leave my Algae Clipper/suction in my tank all the time to get the fishes to get familiarize with it :heh:

080302.jpg

Can you spot my Blackie? :D

wah.. the Goldflake took me sometime to find..coz always distracted by the PBT.. so striking in the FTS!

very significant growth. And i am surprised that u can achieve it without a CR.

u rely heavily on the dosing pump i guess :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

hey i saw an anemones in the tank.

planting a time bomb again :P

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

very significant growth. And i am surprised that u can achieve it without a CR.

u rely heavily on the dosing pump i guess :)

Well... that's Balling System I suppose :lol: But it's really difficult to maintain (in terms of $$$) and even then... Balling can barely keep up (if following Grotech's daily recommended dosage) :unsure:

• SRC Member

Well... that's Balling System I suppose :lol: But it's really difficult to maintain (in terms of $$$) and even then... Balling can barely keep up (if following Grotech's daily recommended dosage) :unsure:

Bro.. Not say U ah... Even with my CR.. I also cant keep up with a tank full of corals...

I still have to dose alkanility and Cal additives every other day...

Siong ah...

haha

center piece :lol:

You got a better focusing power compared to PP :lol: He too many objects... off focus :eyebrow:

So sis, see you tonight? Or should I say tomorrow morning :lol:

Bro.. Not say U ah... Even with my CR.. I also cant keep up with a tank full of corals...

I still have to dose alkanility and Cal additives every other day...

Siong ah...

Really? Damn :cry2: I thought the CR will do the magic... even a tank full of SPS :nuke:

• SRC Member
Did a research on Montipora Nudis... and Yellow Wrasse is known to help control them... but I suspect the quantity could be too many for this little guy to handle as I always read about them being in the hundreds :blink:

I flipped the SPS around and here's a bunch :cry:

Monti nudis are very bad. I found this article very helpful. Nice SPS!

http://www.qualitymarineusa.com/article.as...C5-0913F83DCB60

• SRC Member

Really? Damn :cry2: I thought the CR will do the magic... even a tank full of SPS :nuke:

Im sure with yr budget U can probably ask RM to help U build one that is suitable for your tank. I bought a off-the shelf Skimz CR (Bigger version) but seems not enough to meet my needs.

• SRC Member

his budget is bottomless :lol::P

does he even have a budget in the 1st place?? :P:lol::angel:

Hey! :cry:

I have not buy any new toy lately... :erm:

Changed 10% water today using Marine Environment salt mix + DI water... everything in check... tested NO2 and NO3 just to be sure :heh:

post-34-1173444178.jpg

Long time never feature my BIG FAT Black Cap... this guy has grown so much... probably the largest Black Cap around town :lol: He is the only fish that can swallow a chunk of meat ;)

post-34-1173444311.jpg

Another BIG FAT fish... my Foxface been grazing 24/7 for a week now... until "kena" pimples outbreak :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1173444379.jpg

Hello :P

post-34-1173448896.jpg

This guy is so cute :fear: But spotted it being assaulted by my Mystery Wrasse... this guy just keeps it cool :eyebrow:

post-34-1173450824.jpg

nice flame hawk

is it a naughty fish? :ph34r:

almost buy 1 last sun but ..... <_<

The Flame Hawk is alright... just a tiny bit annoying sometimes when it decides to sit on my SPS :lol:

Sis were you there last night? I wore a white cap... the only one I think :lol: