Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

The Montipora looks very stress after the dip... all slimy... but spotted my Foxface Rabbitfish peck on the slimes :cry:

Will do another freshwater dip next week :erm:

post-34-1172852045.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Shocked by its abundance... I proceeded to Plan B... freshwater dip for 5 mins <_< I think those brown thingy are flatworms :cry2: The worm-like creatures are actually red algae removed in the process of dipping and shaking :blink:

:o:o:o

oh tat's a reefers worst nightmare :cry: hope the monti can make it after this attacks

I know... this hobby is so entertaining... full of suspense and dramas... always come up with new things to explore and learn :lol: I got a feeling the SPS will survive :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ok let me introduce another new fishy... I like it's black eye... like not enough sleep :lol:

post-34-1172853130.jpg

This little guy (from Hawaii) is very entertaining to watch actually... also in the pix... recovering Purple Digitata on the right... and a new piece of Pink Birdsnest that doesn't look too pink (yet) :lol:

post-34-1172853413.jpg

If not wrong, not advisable to FW Montipora as they might not survive... I am not sure too as i heard it from another reefer though...

Emm... I read it from some US forums and some of them did FW with good success... I think it will survive... since I've removed most of the tissue eating nudis :pirate:

My latest fish... I think I will stop adding anymore fish for the time being... I might need to fire up a Denitrator soon as the amount of fish has risen significantly for the past 2 weeks :huh:

post-34-1172853957.jpg

My latest fish... I think I will stop adding anymore fish for the time being... I might need to fire up a Denitrator soon as the amount of fish has risen significantly for the past 2 weeks :huh:

Goldflake... Beautiful fish... Price also bery "beautiful".. Lol...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Goldflake... Beautiful fish... Price also bery "beautiful".. Lol...

Haha... very sharp :lol:

hmm <_<

goldfleck is not reef safe :(

Well most publications will label it as "with caution"... but Goldflake has one of the lowest tendency to peck corals among large size Angels... that's why I dare to take the risk really... worst come to worst... I will have to remove all my meaty corals from my tank :unsure:

• SRC Member

Well most publications will label it as "with caution"... but Goldflake has one of the lowest tendency to peck corals among large size Angels... that's why I dare to take the risk really... worst come to worst... I will have to remove all my meaty corals from my tank :unsure:

yeah there's risk tho

worst come to worst u can put ur meaty corals in my tank :lol::lol::lol:

Haha... actually I don't have much meaty coral left in my main tank... only a piece of Red Prata that's all... will monitor it closely in the coming days :)

sps will discharge slimy substances when stress?

will other lps do the same?

Yupe... most SPS I believe... it's part of their defence system... some LPS does that too for example Cup Corals and Leathers... even F. Ricordia can slime real bad <_<

Read from an article... SPS polyps feed constantly throughout the day... not once every 2 days... therefore I am now feeding my corals automatically 24 times a day (1 hour intervals)... still under experiment :)

post-34-1172894100.jpg

the yellow muddy solution is the food?

Yeah... it's actually Reef Roid mixed with distilled water... actually they are floating particles (very fine) circulated by an air pump inside this Aquamedic Brine Shrimp hatcher :lol:

• SRC Member
Read from an article... SPS polyps feed constantly throughout the day... not once every 2 days... therefore I am now feeding my corals automatically 24 times a day (1 hour intervals)... still under experiment :)

I suspect your monthly electrical & water bill enough to pay my salary ....

So hows the result from the dosing ???

Today kana quite a few calls regarding my pink nano which I sold in Oct last year. Darn funny when they realise they are replying to a 5mth old posting.

U know my fav request lah I suppose ....

FTS please !!! :lol: (gimme see)

Rgds,

Max

Finally... found a way to take top view pix without the reflections from the lighting above... will share my method soon :)

The colour of this Green Staghorn looks too intense due to the added flashlight <_< Still exploring the best way to do this kinda photography :heh:

post-34-1173084953.jpg

This piece of Acropora (?) is growing very well... and very compact... definitely requires sufficient current flow :)

post-34-1173085099.jpg