Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member
More SPS to share :) Bought this piece from G.O. 2 months back... growing quite well (those lighter colours are new growth) and it's getting bluer :) Have been in this position for the past 3 weeks... let's see how many months it takes to reach the water surface :lol:

It will not reach the surface if u frag for us. :evil:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
A Montipora Digitata from a fellow reefer...

This piece quickly turned to brown within days of introduction... the browing is so rapid it shocked me :cry:

240203.jpg

After one month of TLC... purple is coming back :P

250205.jpg

Actually I consider myself lucky to be able to get results like these... considering the fact that my CR has yet to be operational... with 2 long breaks (Xmas and CNY) :)

Nice job! Looks like everything is coming together for you.

Have to take a look at your tank sometime. :D

When is the next open house? :lol:

It will not reach the surface if u frag for us. :evil:

Wah so fast pressure me already :lol::lol::lol: Wait lah :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Nice job! Looks like everything is coming together for you.

Have to take a look at your tank sometime. :D

When is the next open house? :lol:

Thanks... yeah I was lucky :) Emm... give me a bit more time... not ready yet :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My designer told me... the red coral is eating the shrimp :o So I have to explain the whole concept of molting to her... and also the danger of Prata choking itself :lol:

post-34-1172582653.jpg

Caught the crab... it's very tiny (next to the toothpick i used)... I think it consumes the Acropora's polyps ;)

post-34-1172584344.jpg

Caught the crab... it's very tiny (next to the toothpick i used)... I think it is consumes the Acropora's polyps ;)

confirm it is

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

what shrimp is that?

your cleaner?

Yupe... my Cleaner Shrimps molted shell :lol:

Talking of cleaning... my 2 Cleaner Shrimps refuse to clean my fishes anymore ;) They have forgotten their role <_< I will introduce 2 smaller specimens soon :)

this crab so blur meh..so easy let u catch... :lol:

Yeah... it is kinda blur actually... blurzing :lol::lol::lol:

My efforts finally paid off... the PBT is eating :lol:

post-34-1172754992.jpg

Another pix :lol: Tried H*Mix... negative :unsure:

post-34-1172755060.jpg

it's feedin on the bamboo?

Yes... non stop actually... i will take a pix of it tomorrow... hopefully there's sign of a bloated tummy :lol:

Here's another fish I bought this morning... the reason? Soon to be revealed... and it ain't pretty :unsure:

post-34-1172762191.jpg

Here's another fish I bought this morning... the reason? Soon to be revealed... and it ain't pretty :unsure:

So, what is the yellow wrasse for? :blink:

3.5ft X 2 ft X 2.5 ft

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 600 - Eheim Compact 1000

Deltec - NF 509

Teco RA 640 Chiller - Aqua-Bee UP 2000i Aquarium Pump

Aqua-Bee UP 7000 Aquarium Pump - return

Skimz Fluidized Reactor- Aqua-Bee UP 2000 tee off to NF 509 and CR

DE Lightings 8 x 39watts

Turbelle stream Kit TS07

This is the reason... :pinch:

post-34-1172851381.jpg

Did a research on Montipora Nudis... and Yellow Wrasse is known to help control them... but I suspect the quantity could be too many for this little guy to handle as I always read about them being in the hundreds :blink:

I flipped the SPS around and here's a bunch :cry:

post-34-1172851812.jpg

Shocked by its abundance... I proceeded to Plan B... freshwater dip for 5 mins <_< I think those brown thingy are flatworms :cry2: The worm-like creatures are actually red algae removed in the process of dipping and shaking :blink:

post-34-1172851951.jpg