Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Last pix of the day... Orange Plating Montipora... I remember buying this piece from a fellow reefer decom'd tank for $7 :lol: It was dark brown with faded patches then... didn't expect it to recover so quickly... nice :eyebrow:

post-34-1170677987.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wah, so many SPS. FTS, please! :rolleyes:

Hehe... been stocking quite a bit for the past few weeks... will slow down a little as the calcium consumption is pretty high at the moment... and my NO3 is still around 1 to 2ppm :unsure:

Will have some major updates soon... especially on my secret project... should I start a new thread for my ###### project? :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hehe... been stocking quite a bit for the past few weeks... will slow down a little as the calcium consumption is pretty high at the moment... and my NO3 is still around 1 to 2ppm :unsure:

Will have some major updates soon... especially on my secret project... should I start a new thread for my ###### project? :lol:

Yes! New thread. Can't wait man :lol:

Yes! New thread. Can't wait man :lol:

Ok ok... here you go...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ST&f=34&t=56494

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice... manz... I wish I can land my hands on a couple of pieces...

Bro Piero... you were referring to the SPS? Nah... all my SPS are way too common to be that desirable... newbie specimens :lol:

I am very happy today... finally manage to bring NO3 down to ZERO :yeah::yeah::yeah:

post-34-1170855415.jpg

:bow:

Thanks bro... I actually can see my SPS looking happier now :lol:

Here's a new softy introduced yesterday... Kenya Tree they call it :lol: It does look like SPS from a far... that's what I like about it... SPS looking without the high calcium consumption :peace: I was told by the LFS the colouration will improve further :shock:

post-34-1171001072.jpg

• SRC Member
Nice... I had something similiar... Just gave it away last night. Its true that its SPS looking,. Mine had slightly luminous greenish tips.

haha its with me !~ muahha thanks for the corals bro. it really looks like sps juz that it sways in the current :lol:

haha its with me !~ muahha thanks for the corals bro. it really looks like sps juz that it sways in the current :lol:

So nice of bro Piero... yeah... it will sway to the current... really adds more life to my SPS dominated tank :)

Decided to remove my Hydor foaming pumps from my skimmer for maintenance... found that the impeller is still very very clean... this pix was taken before washing :)

The Hydor Performer 3000 is really low in maintenance :)

post-34-1171025956.jpg

Just an update... Jess and Steve are still very happy :lol:

post-34-1171201623.jpg

An artistic shot of my SPS... the blurry effect was intentional :eyebrow::cry::look:

post-34-1171201695.jpg

Does yr tangs disturb yr percs?

Mine constantly whacked by them... Sad case...

That's quite an unlikely situation... you might wanna relook at your feeding regimen... I read from an article that Tangs tend to become extremely aggressive when there isn't sufficient food around... or perhaps adding an anemome will help define the Clown's territory and a refuge to retreat to once they feel threaten :unsure:

Just came back from a one-day Jakarta business trip... here's a pix I took yesterday :) Gotto experiment a bit more with this new Macro lense B)

post-34-1171299385.jpg

I'm going off for CNY tomorrow morning... hopefully everything will be alright :) Already employed 2 auto feeder (1 for pellets Formula 1 & 2, 1 for Aquapharm chopped seaweed) B)

Nothing new to showcase... but I do have some good news to share... SPS are looking happier nowadays... polyps extension on this Acropora (?) looks nice :) Still green polyps on green branches... wonder if it will morph to another colour one day :rolleyes:

post-34-1171371820.jpg

This is one piece of SPS I worried the most as some reefers foresee the yellow turning brown... but after keeping it for more than a month now... colour still remains pale yellow... although sometimes a bit of green on the polyps can be observed :lol:

The Pink Acropora on the bottom left corner is my pride and joy... bought it from a clean-stock sale... the polyps were brown then... but polyps are showing strong pink now :lol:

post-34-1171372001.jpg

Colouration still not desirable... but at least good sign of growth :rolleyes:

post-34-1171372093.jpg