Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

This is one guy u shall never mess with :evil:

post-34-1169297251.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will go for Outer reef edge concept :lol:

main tank coming soon... :cry: ... 1st week of Feb I hope...

Outer reef... SPS then :lol: LPS are found more at lagoons and sheltered waters :) So late? Probably cannot make it on time for CNY :( April's Fool then :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

In the mood for RED... since you guys been talking about Ang Bao :evil:

post-34-1169400688.jpg

Of course... not all SPS are doing well... this piece of Rainbow Montipora been with me for more than 2 months now... the base was Light Blue when I bought it... now Brown :cry2: Luckily the Green polyps are still extending decently... although not fantastic :unsure:

Hopefully it will recover in the coming weeks :)

post-34-1169400832.jpg

Been busy lately... here's a major update :D

Let's start with something mundane... expected... predictable :lol:

Grow grow grow :evil::evil::evil: Relying on a 37W PL running 24 hours a day :heh:

Despite all the growth... although my PO4 is undetectable using normal test kit... NO3 is still around 1ppm to 2ppm <_<

post-34-1169557115.jpg

Can you guys spot the baby shrimp? :lol: I suspect they are Flamingo Shrimps fry :P And there are plenty of them all over my sump right now :o

post-34-1169557300.jpg

Here's a video :heh:

th_MOV08914.jpg

Look at how pretty they grow... considering the low-tech lighting I've been using... must have been the 24 hours exposure :)

post-34-1169557600.jpg

Whenever I go LFS shopping... will reward my LS with some Live Brine Shrimps :lol: Followed a bro's advise, store unfinished LBS in the fridge (the middle compartment) and it works!!! Most of the LBS are still alive the next day :lol:

post-34-1169557812.jpg

Almost forget to introduce my latest LS... 3 pieces of medium size Turbo Snail... to help take care of my Chaeto Farm :lol:

post-34-1169558116.jpg

• SRC Member
Whenever I go LFS shopping... will reward my LS with some Live Brine Shrimps :lol: Followed a bro's advise, store unfinished LBS in the fridge (the middle compartment) and it works!!! Most of the LBS are still alive the next day :lol:

Hi Jervis,

I thought of getting LBS for my pipefish. How long do they last? How much does 1 pack cost? U got it from aquamarine? Headache, don't what else to feed my pipe...

I thought of getting LBS for my pipefish. How long do they last? How much does 1 pack cost? U got it from aquamarine? Headache, don't what else to feed my pipe...

Yeah I usually buy from AM as I visit there often... actually any LFS will sell and I believe a pack cost around $2 :) LBS is a good try... although I have no idea how long a pack can last in the fridge :unsure:

when U gonna post ur exotic Nemo ah ? Hehe..... :lol: can't wait for u to reveal the fishes...

Hehe... that exotic pair is in my nano tank... therefore will not be posted here :lol:

Been a long while never post my Hydor Performer 3000... still working like a horse... cleaned the cup yesterday :)

post-34-1169565435.jpg

• SRC Member

Yeah I usually buy from AM as I visit there often... actually any LFS will sell and I believe a pack cost around $2 :) LBS is a good try... although I have no idea how long a pack can last in the fridge :unsure:

it can last 3 - 5days in a fridge ;)

Wow... they are real amazing creatures... in the fridge for 4 to 5 days :bow:

Another pix of my Zanzibar Boxing Shrimp... getting bolder nowadays... will come out ot the open "ocean" during every feeding session :lol:

post-34-1169570743.jpg