Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It spirals too... my current is too strong to be able to see the spiral form :cry:

haha... ur starfish like kicking soccer ball like that ... :P

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

jerv. those polyps of zoos on the LRs near the coco worm.

are they hitch hikers?

No lah... I inherited them from a reefer here... acquired over the entire piece of rock filled with assorted Zoas when he decom'd his tank :) The Red Prata was added in later :lol:

post-34-1169219466.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

haha, the pose does look like it

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Star Fishes can form very interesting poses... even a Yoga Guru gotto learn from them :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's a hidden Gem... a Zanzibar Boxing Shrimp :heh: Prefers to be out-of-sight 95% of the time except feeding :cry:

post-34-1169219645.jpg

The Mystery Wrasse usually moves around very quickly... was lucky to get a clear shot of it :blink: Very pretty specimen that loves to squeeze itself into small holes and caves... but developed an exquisite taste for ###### Shrimps :pinch:

post-34-1169220136.jpg

What can I say... it's of a nice shape... but not RED enough... no sign of improvement after keeping it for more than 6 months :unsure:

post-34-1169222562.jpg

One of my favourite SPS... Green Plating (maybe whorling) Montipora... bought from a LFS 1 week ago... looking optimistic :)

post-34-1169222964.jpg

This is a problematic piece... bought from a SPS Clearance Sale... the colour was undecided (even at the LFS' tank)... mostly brown with a tinge of green when look at certain angle... been with me for more than a month... but has shown little growth except for this week... can see all the new growth... amazing :yeah:

post-34-1169223312.jpg

Jervis, ur plates are of great shapes and nice pix there. the colors are vibrant ah :rolleyes:

Hehe... thanks to the new Grotech lighting... the DSLR... and a bit of photo editing lah :lol: But one of your piece got Purple Rim right? That's something I've been looking for :heh:

• SRC Member

Hehe... thanks to the new Grotech lighting... the DSLR... and a bit of photo editing lah :lol: But one of your piece got Purple Rim right? That's something I've been looking for :heh:

yup... its purple rim. Got the mother colony to show u too if u pop by. That will gives u an idea when its grown... :lol: Saw ur striking blasto, nice nice

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

yup... its purple rim. Got the mother colony to show u too if u pop by. That will gives u an idea when its grown...  :lol: Saw ur striking blasto, nice nice

Yes will pop by ur place tomorrow morning... gotto sleep early tonight or else :pinch: That piece of Blasto been with me since my Percula90 days... unfortunately one of the mouth died off... used to more pretty... maybe I should relocate it a little :unsure:

My Helfrichi Fire Goby... can see some torn fins... can't seem to figure out the cause though... could it be the Zanzibar Boxing Shrimp attacking at night? But the shrimp is relatively small and shy... smaller than my Cheaner Shrimps <_<

post-34-1169224066.jpg

Another piece of 'undecided' Acropora... brown/lime green branches... the base encrusting looks good but the polyps extension are not fantastic :(

I think I currently have too many GREEN (brown :pinch: ) SPS... will try to explore other colours :P

post-34-1169224207.jpg

yeah agree, dat blasto is eye catching in dat FTS :evil:

striking indeed ;)

Thanks sis... never really notice it much lately as I've been focusing all my energy on SPS... will try to find it a more suitable location (if required) :)

Collected this piece from bro Fishtalk this morning... this will complete my Montipora collection for the time being :D Placed in a temporary location :heh:

post-34-1169277574.jpg

Another piece from bro Fishtalk B)

post-34-1169277624.jpg

Went LFS shopping this morning... met a few familiar faces there :lol:

Bought 3 pieces of 'promo' SPS... cultured Acroporas... but the selection was limited and the nicer ones are all reserved :erm:

Although a bit faded is colouration... will take up the challenge and see if I can bring some colour back to the specimens :)

Here's a Yellow Acropora (err... dun ask me why it is not yellow :D)

post-34-1169278146.jpg

Pink Acropora :unsure:

post-34-1169278223.jpg

Blue Acropora... this is the only specimen in the entire LFS tank with visible polyps extension :P And was lucky to be able to break-off the base rock :heh:

post-34-1169278307.jpg

Bro, your FTS getting more & more impressive, vibrant and dynamic!! very nice :lol:

Just hope my tank will turn out like yours :P

Hehe... nah... it's nothing... can't wait to see yours... have you decided on the concept for ur main tank? :lol:

Here's my Red Scooter... apparently not as red as before :cry2:

post-34-1169296601.jpg