Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotten this piece from bro Sapp... very nice Yellow/Green Acropora... since bro Sapp told me this guy does slime a bit... I suspect it is Acropora Yongei... longest SPS in my tank with THICK LONG yellow branches :lol: The flower-shaped polyps are lime green in colour :heh: I believe the polyps can be extended further... one more week :lol:

post-34-1168868919.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

what a expansize loss, anyway, did you check the floor around? they are great jumper

I know... that's the thing about keeping expensive/rare/exotic specimens... the risk is high... but the reward can be great too... cannot find the body... already did a search when I return from my holiday :huh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

what thing need 100hrs to show true color?

what color is it?

The MH bulb... it will require around 100 hours of running to warm up... to show its actual crystal white colour... currently slightly pinkish white :) Will post some pix with the MH alone tomorrow :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Latest FTS... a little too bluish as the 6 x ATI Blue Plus are simply too powerful... will replace 2 of the tubes to Aquablue Spezial to help promote better growth :) Will spend the next 2 weeks finalizing coral placements, wavemaker placements and possible new SPS colonies :rolleyes:

What do you guys think of the colouration? Note that the Coralvue Reeflux 12000K MH tubes will take around 100 hours to show actual colouration... that will be next week :)

why not wait for your MH to perform it true color then do the necessary adjustment to the t5?.... 2cents...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

He meant to run in....not warm up

Yeah... paiseh :paiseh:

why not wait for your MH to perform it true color then do the necessary adjustment to the t5?....  2cents...

Wah bro Zorden!!! Where have you been? Miss you lah :lol:

I already (more or less) know what the true colour will look like... crystal white :rolleyes: That's what Coralvue Reeflux 12000K is known for :heh:

Oh dear... my Coco Worm is looking very angry :evil:

post-34-1168948503.jpg

Wah... nice nice worm. Din get to see the 2nd head when i was there. MOney well spent.. :evil:

It spirals too... my current is too strong to be able to see the spiral form :cry:

post-34-1168951575.jpg

To continue my RED and SQUARE series... now what's my Orange Linckia doing? This specimen has been with me for many months now... from bro Qxnviolet's decom'd tank :D

post-34-1168952127.jpg

Your orange linkia scratching one of the legs. :D

At first I was watching it with horror... half expecting it to eat away its own arm :lol:

Wonder how is Qxnviolet .... His tank was nice & full of potential.

Nice coco, like flower .... :yeah:  drool ....

I've seen him browsing our threads once in a while... here's a pix of my isolated Male Lyretail Anthias... using its fins to stay between the rock crevice :lol:

It is quite an experience having 2 Male Lyretail Anthias in a tank :P

post-34-1169052471.jpg

hmmm, does the 2 male fight?

Actually... yes and no... most of the time the isolated male will hide in the rockworks... the two of them only show conflict when it comes to feeding... other than that they do get along quite well (I think) :blink:

How much did you pay for it? Saw it at ah beng the last time round. Quoted me $40

I paid around there... :)