Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

I didn't transfer my "signature" Chevron over to this tank... I sold it to Chercm during the home tank decomming :) I wonder how is it doing now :heh:

he is the King in my tank .... such a beauty .

thanks Jervis :bow::bow::bow:

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is the King in my tank .... such a beauty .

thanks Jervis :bow::bow::bow:

Yes... he is quite a KING... keep it well and you will be one of the few reefers able to observe the colour transformation from juvenille to adult... do post some pix... I miss it :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Something exciting is going to happen later... major update tonight :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Had a long day today... here's a FTS taken this afternoon... before taking the old light fixture down :o

post-34-1168703482.jpg

The wait is finally over... been waiting for weeks... for the Reeflux MH bulbs :)

250W 12000K Double Ended B)

post-34-1168704280.jpg

Let's put in the ATI Blue Plus 54W x 6 tubes shall we?

post-34-1168704425.jpg

updates?

Hi bro MarcoVan... thanks for dropping by... ok more updates :lol:

A closer look at the Reeflux bulb :heh:

post-34-1168706693.jpg

Ok... decided not to continue as I have way too many pictures to post... might start a product review if I have the time... perhaps you guys can see more updates there... will link :)

Here's one more pix of my Grotech Photo Plus before I call it a day :lol:

post-34-1168709852.jpg

Before I forget... credits must go to Steve and uncle Thomas... for all the hardwork :bow:

post-34-1168710138.jpg

Is yr hydor speed controllable?

No bro Piero... the current Koralias are not controllable... however there are plans to introduce a series of controllable Koralias very soon B)

wa bro u keep changing your stuff .... your pocket no end one rite :lol:. what are u planning to do with the old fixture ?

Bro BB, this is actually the lightset I ordered at the beginning... just that while waiting for both the fixture and the bulbs to arrive... I was given the last MH fixture T-loan from the LFS :P

Bro, I noticed you running your skimmer with Hydor pumps. I bought a Hydor Seltz L30 pump a few days ago and noticed that the impeller shalf is metal, so may rust in the long run. Just something to note.

Aiyah...post in wrong thread... :P

Aiyah...post in wrong thread... :P

No leh... I think you've posted it at the right thread... as intended :lol:

Latest FTS... a little too bluish as the 6 x ATI Blue Plus are simply too powerful... will replace 2 of the tubes to Aquablue Spezial to help promote better growth :) Will spend the next 2 weeks finalizing coral placements, wavemaker placements and possible new SPS colonies :rolleyes:

What do you guys think of the colouration? Note that the Coralvue Reeflux 12000K MH tubes will take around 100 hours to show actual colouration... that will be next week :)

post-34-1168861762.jpg

Finally I have to courage to post some pix of my SPS colonies/frags :) Let's start with this piece...

I purchased this Acropora about a month ago, it was light tan in color with pale purple tips. The tissue within the branches has a purplish/bluish tinge to it, and tiny brown polyps are visible. It is about 4" all round :) Growth was minimal under my old light fixture :(

This Acropora has been refusing to extend its polyps for the past 2 weeks... luckily it reacted positively to my new lighting :lol:

post-34-1168864184.jpg

I bought this piece from a LFS less than a week ago... wild harvested specimen... can't be sure what variant of Acropora ;) Perhaps bros/sis can help me ID this nice piece... branches are lime green with lime green polyps... can see some growth (white tips) :)

Polyps extension mediocre... will monitor it for a couple of days more :)

post-34-1168867325.jpg

One step closer to my dream... in fact these 2 large pieces of plating Montiporas... I suspect the green specimen is Montipora Capricornis and the maroon/red specimen is Montipora Foliosa (whorling)... will go collect 2 more frags from bro Fishtalk this week :)

Hopefully I can have my plating Monti paradise one year later :P Looking for other colour variants though :rolleyes:

post-34-1168867975.jpg

bro, is your flame wrasse out and swiming yet? remember you said it went mia when you went london

It is still MIA bro... I have already prepared for the worst liao :cry2: Will stop introducing fish for the coming weeks... <_<