Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M THE WINNER~~!

To be announced in 6 hours time :lol:

Found a LFS in Central London... unfortunately they were closing :( Manage to 'steal' a few shots before I was caught red-handed :paiseh:

post-34-1167772490.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:)

post-34-1167772554.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Basically most LS selling at 1-to-1... that is S$1.00 in Singapore = GBP1.00 in London :shock: In other words... a fish costs around 3 times more expensive in London :o

Equipments are slightly more expensive than Sg after conversion... bearing in mind they have to pay more than 15% VAT :unsure:

post-34-1167772706.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality shots... I need a spy cam :lol:

post-34-1167772858.jpg

Main highlight of my tour... SNOWFLAKE!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

2 pieces available selling at GBP179.90 per piece :pinch: It's amazing being able to see it with my own eyes :P

Sorry, last shot... I was caught after taking this shot :fear:

post-34-1167773024.jpg

Can't sleep... reached office at 6.30am this morning... everything seems alright... except for the :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1167784879.jpg

Must thank bro PP for a job well done :bow::bow::bow: Just need to clean the glass, change the filter floss and do some tests later :heh:

post-34-1167787178.jpg

• SRC Member
Must thank bro PP for a job well done :bow::bow::bow: Just need to clean the glass, change the filter floss and do some tests later :heh:

haha.. no problem dude... ya the glass does need some cleaning... keke..

glad that there were zero casualty...keke...........

haha.. no problem dude... ya the glass does need some cleaning... keke..

glad that there were zero casualty...keke...........

Yeah... major cleaning :lol: There are 2 fish unaccounted for the time being... will try to find it later :huh:

But dun worry... no big deal :heh:

post-34-1167790086.jpg

2 missing fishes? who are they?

i neber take them home hor..... :(:(

1 x Helfrichi and my latest addition... the Flame Wrasse :cry2:

The wrasse might be in hiding, but the Helfrichi confirm :angel: as this 3rd specimen been isolated from the pair for a while now... so it's kinda expected :(

Aiya!!! I never say anything hor... anyway your tank not ready lah :lol:

• SRC Member

1 x Helfrichi and my latest addition... the Flame Wrasse :cry2:

The wrasse might be in hiding, but the Helfrichi confirm :angel: as this 3rd specimen been isolated from the pair for a while now... so it's kinda expected :(

Aiya!!! I never say anything hor... anyway your tank not ready lah :lol:

?? the helfrichi @ last count still ok leh... no idea abt the flame wrasse though....hmmmmm

?? the helfrichi @ last count still ok leh... no idea abt the flame wrasse though....hmmmmm

But I got a feeling the Flame Wrasse will pop-up unexpectedly in the coming days :heh: No worries at all :)

Guys, I did a very newbie mistake though... should've changed the filter pad to a coarser filter floss or remove it completely for the duration of the trip :pinch:

post-34-1167820568.jpg

Welcome back Jervis!

Yes... and happy new year to all of you :lol::lol::lol:

th_MOV08517-2.jpg

• SRC Member

Happy New Year to you too and welcome back from your holidays...

So which remote island did u go for your trip? :eyebrow:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

So which remote island did u go for your trip? :eyebrow:

Err... it is a giant island alright... but no way near remote :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Jervis

Thanks for the PM.. I was at that LFS two weeks ago.. I remember seeing someone taking pictures! Wasn't really impressed though, nice fish but place seemed quite dirty and none of the display tanks were very impressive..

Will be in Singapore late Feb in order to commission a tank.!

Hi Jervis

Thanks for the PM.. I was at that LFS two weeks ago.. I remember seeing someone taking pictures! Wasn't really impressed though, nice fish but place seemed quite dirty and none of the display tanks were very impressive..

Will be in Singapore late Feb in order to commission a tank.!

Hi Alexandre

Hehe, that can't be me coz I was there 1 week ago... yeah that place is a little run down but they do carry some nice European brands... and YES!!! THE SNOWFLAKE!!! LET IT SNOW!!! LET IT SNOW!!! LET IT SNOW!!!

Let's meet up :)

Very happy :D:D:D

My shipment from Germany is finally here :eyebrow: Ordered 19 Dec 2006 :unsure:

post-34-1167914703.jpg