Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post more pics of ur skimmate!!!

Ok here you go :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1166192328.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Personally I think 10k is ok but 6500ºK or 8500ºK will promote better growth for Macroalgae :lol:

Emm... bro you do have a point there... will observe the situation for a couple of days before deciding my next step :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

That's a COOL idea, bro... with a HOT outcome... hehe

I'm a bit worried too... luckily the external ballast allows me to locate it outside the cabinet... but the amount of heat produced is still very significant... will use Aquatronica to observe my chiller's behaviour for the next 3 days :unsure:

dun worry, he will get another Arctica 1/3 for his sump!

That is for Phase III :lol:

A bro came over to my office this afternoon... he will help me take care of my tank while I'm away for a White Christmas :peace:

Finally... you guys will get some peace without me around :lol:

only if u came back NEXT Christmas :evil:

Emm... let me check if the service apartment comes with free internet access :lol::lol::lol:

Introduced a significant amount of Chaetomorpha into the sump today... already I can see lesser microbubbles in the main tank... hopefully the Chaeto will grow quickly :)

post-34-1166354863.jpg

Also added some Red Bubbles :lol: Once the macroalgae start to occupy more space... I will have to move my Zoas and SPS back into the main tank :nc:

post-34-1166355114.jpg

• SRC Member
Introduced a significant amount of Chaetomorpha into the sump today... already I can see lesser microbubbles in the main tank... hopefully the Chaeto will grow quickly :)

Hey bro, thought u fly off for your christmas already??

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Hey bro, thought u fly off for your christmas already??

Not yet... I'm flying off on the 23rd :P

bro wat about the lighting ? enough coming from the position of your existing light ?

Are you referring to the Chaetomorpha chamber?

• SRC Member
Introduced a significant amount of Chaetomorpha into the sump today... already I can see lesser microbubbles in the main tank... hopefully the Chaeto will grow quickly 

at first glance I thought you are washing vegetable under running tap :lol::lol::lol:

at first glance I thought you are washing vegetable under running tap :lol::lol::lol:

Haha... I know... I am still experimenting actually... hopefully the Chaetos will grow normally under such condition :unsure:

plant some mangroves on the DSB, It can be very interesting :eyeblur:

I saw some at Irwana just now and the aunty suggested them to me... but I am afraid they may grow too tall... missing the MH light coverage ;)

yea the cheato chamber .. sorry slow fingers ... by the time i post.. there are already 2 replies before me :paiseh:

Nope... the light from my clip-on MH will not be able to cover the entire Chaetomorpha chamber since the light gotto penetrate through a layer of black glass ;) Have added a PL just for the Chaeto and I intend to run the PL 24/7 :whistle

My morphing Male BE Anthias... you guys can truly see the colouration in comparison to the female specimen behind it :)

post-34-1166358502.jpg

Here's my Flamingo Shrimp (wrongly identified as Peppermint)... moving freely in my sump :P

post-34-1166371492.jpg

it would be nice for my lions. hehe

How about putting your Lion into my sump for a day or two? :lol:

Here's a shot of my Rainbow Monti... the blue base is very slowly coming back... the Blue Staghorn in the foreground (by bro Sapp) is growing well with good colour retention :)

post-34-1166371938.jpg