Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Repositioned my Red Prata yesterday... and it opens up so nicely today :heh:

post-34-1165923668.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice .. is the prata bi-color ? tot i saw some purple stripes..

Emm... now that you mention it... but it is primarily Red... will take a closer look tomorrow... see if it is lighting, the camera or the actual colouration of the Prata :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

1 of my 2 Peppermint Shrimps... hiding amongst my Zoas <_<

post-34-1165932273.jpg

One last look at an empty sump... it will look very different in days to come :eyebrow:

post-34-1165936986.jpg

Another nice piece of SPS (Blue Staghorn) given by bro Sapp... :bow:

post-34-1165938462.jpg

are u gonna shift the skimmer inside the sump?

or new skimmer again?

The new skimmer (Hydor Performer 3000) will remain at its current position... :) New skimmer again? Oh dear... I hope not :pinch:

no Hydor Performance 4000 Limited Edition for u? :lol::lol:

Come on guys... give me a break will ya? :lol::lol::lol: I've already applied cards from all banks... wait a minute... how about Barclay Cards? :lol::lol::lol:

Can you guys spot anything queer about this pix?

post-34-1165977845.jpg

is it red paint :P

I guess it is... anymore??? :evil:

• SRC Member

Come on guys... give me a break will ya? :lol::lol::lol: I've already applied cards from all banks... wait a minute... how about Barclay Cards? :lol::lol::lol:

Can you guys spot anything queer about this pix?

How about Bank of China, May bank, ABN cards?

Given that you already have the rest of the Citi, UOB, DBS, HSBC, Stanchart, Amex and OCBC cards.

Should give U credit limits to buy that you need and more. :D

How about Bank of China, May bank, ABN cards?

Given that you already have the rest of the Citi, UOB, DBS, HSBC, Stanchart, Amex and OCBC cards.

Should give U credit limits to buy that you need and more. :D

Bro you forgot to mention Diners and Manhattan :lol::lol::lol:

Ok ok... here's the queer thing about the LR... it is the world's lightest rock... lighter than water in fact :lol::lol::lol: Perfect for scaping freshwater tanks to keep tortoises and frogs :lol::lol::D

post-34-1166012988.jpg

Ok ok... here's the queer thing about the LR... it is the world's lightest rock... lighter than water in fact :lol::lol::lol: Perfect for scaping freshwater tanks to keep tortoises and frogs :lol::lol::D

are my eyes playing tricks on mi ? :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

are my eyes playing tricks on mi ? :D

Nope... your eyes are fine... :lol::lol::lol:

It is a brand new product sold by a LFS in town (Ok ok... sold by Golden Octopus, pls dun PM me) :lol: They recently introduced a range of artificial rocks that comes in various sizes and forms... mostly pretty nice :) They have large pieces too... for those with a 2ft or 3ft tank and lazy to scape... you can buy a large piece and dump it into your tank :lol:

Price wise... this is quite a luxury product IMO... that piece you see in the pix costs $48 ;)

I rinsed it, then soak in DI water for hours... my TDS meter shows 57 instead of 0 (do bear in mind our tap water ranges from 70 to 80 ppm :lol:

post-34-1166015967.jpg

amazing stuff.. but since it floats ... we have to achore it down with smth rite ? looks very porous too gd for bacteria to grow in.

btw very nice coraline algae growth, if they are real :lol:

Haha... it floats for a while... then the water will sip into the rock through the tiny holes... I tried shaking it with a bit of water inside... it sounds like hollow inside :lol:

Here's a pix showing some of the holes in action :P

What the TDS meter shows... the rock does contains a bit of impurities (not as much as our tap water though)... soak them in clean water overnight if possible :)

post-34-1166017747.jpg

Here's how it looks like among my other rocks :lol: Let the seeding process begins... :eyebrow:

IMHO, this product... although costly (comparable to the most expensive LR in town, by size, not by weight)... it does have its advantages... here are just a few to share with you guys:

1) No hitchikers :)

2) Easy to transport... no sweat... no stress... you can even leave it at home for weeks while deciding what to do with it :lol: No more bringing a few pails around like a mad man :pinch:

3) Comes in various sizes and shapes... I saw a large piece that will fit very nicely into a 2ft tank... no scaping needed :lol: 3ft version is available also :shock: The most expensive piece in the price list is $180 :heh:

4) A few pieces offer very flat surface... perfect for putting corals especially SPS :lol:

5) etc... will let you guys discover the rest ;) Dun wanna take all the fun away :heh:

Pls dun PM me for price list... thanks :bow:

post-34-1166019438.jpg

Unfortunately... my new refugium layout was rather short-lived ;) Gotto put my new CR into Sump no.1 temporarily while I find it a permanent location :)

ATI Calcium Reactor... my tank maker specially indent in for me as I've came across some positive reviews at some German forums :lol:

Will be firing it up by end of this week... with the help of Master Steve of course :bow:

post-34-1166020927.jpg

Here's my Red/Pink Monti... polyps are extending more than ever... it is definitely very very encouraging for me seeing it grows, extends and improves in colouration... little things like this is all it takes to make life beautiful :lol:

post-34-1166022683.jpg

• SRC Member

yup the Artificial rocks that U got from Shan is a base rock and indeed worth every peeny to get :yeah: So natural and easy to stack for ur rock scaping. He was mentioning to me abt u today and here already u post abt his products :D I'm sure u're a happy guy with his rock and I bet u r getting more from him too. He got :bow: many tonga lookalike rocks too U guys could get to see his rock scaping in his display tank, all of his rock all custom made rocks :shock::bow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........