Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

wow... That is a beast. Upgrading so fast?

Actually the upgrading is primarily due to the major shift in direction... from an LPS tank to a full scale SPS setup... skimmer... CR... lighting... they do require a different set of equipments... husbandry and knowledge too :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the outcome of a steady shot... using a tripod and a remote controller :pinch:

Moved this frag of Purple Montipora Digitata higher as it was previously placed lower... I hope it will open up more in days to come... or else bro Sapp will kill me :cry:

post-34-1164711489.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

And here's a proof of how reefing has gotten out of hand... seems like everything evolves around reefing nowadays :shock: It even help determines my travel/holiday destinations :unsure:

bro jervis, can you let us know how to set up can shoot a nice reef pic like you??

bro jervis, can you let us know how to set up can shoot a nice reef pic like you??

Wow bro Tim... that sounds like an easy question... but kinda hard to answer actually... let me figure out how to share the information in a sensible way... will get back to you tomorrow ok? :)

My Pseudo-Superman Monti... unfortunately looking more like a Brown/Maroon Monti... there are so much to learn :pinch::pinch::pinch: Don't you think the background is so much more lively? :lol:

post-34-1164712862.jpg

Rainbow Monti... still looking good in terms of colouration... it is encrusting its base aggressively... hopefully it will continue to thrive :heh:

post-34-1164712952.jpg

Wow bro Tim... that sounds like an easy question... but kinda hard to answer actually... let me figure out how to share the information in a sensible way... will get back to you tomorrow ok? :)

thanks bro, I tried many model still can show up their original sharp color. or you just need to let me know where I can refer !!

wah lao. the skimmer so heavy.

i think you can forget about shifting the skimmer when it's filled with water.

Yupe it will be impossible to move it once it is filled up... that's why the Hydor Performer 3000 comes with a release valve to empty the chamber... at least they thought of that :eyebrow:

Here's a Side Tank View... you can see my SPS placements... and can you find my Cleaning Cavern? :ph34r:

post-34-1164719889.jpg

• SRC Member

fwah...bravo!!!

your Superman & Rainbow Monti shots are superb!!! makes ppl wanna go into SPS rite away! u evil!!! haha

dude, u need more light (no direct flash though) on the purple Monti to bring out the beauty of the monti....

more pix more pix!!

really marvel u for a superb tang with great gems in it :bow: i always like ur up and close clear pics too. :D

Bro how's ur overhaul coming along... I'm sure you tank will be filled back to its former glory very soon :) Yeah those close up shots are nice... much better than what our ###### eye can see... especially with the MH shimmering effect <_<

• SRC Member

Bro how's ur overhaul coming along... I'm sure you tank will be filled back to its former glory very soon :) Yeah those close up shots are nice... much better than what our ###### eye can see... especially with the MH shimmering effect <_<

Overhaul are overall, I got 4 super size purple queen anthias abt a week ago and boy there are big, abt 3 to 3 and half inch long :ooh: Came back from malaysia yesterday but found only 3 fellows swimming. They are camera shy too and hard to take a pix of them :pinch:

wish to have a cam like urs to take the beauty of the corals and fishes :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Overhaul are overall, I got 4 super size purple queen anthias abt a week ago and boy there are big, abt 3 to 3 and half inch long :ooh: Came back from malaysia yesterday but found only 3 fellows swimming. They are camera shy too and hard to take a pix of them :pinch:

Wow... Purple Queens... real pro :bow:

love the colors on the rainbow monti man.. somehow my shots are a little blurish... maybe i need a tripod too...

Bro Jacobus... yes a tripod will definitely help... if you are to invest in a remote control even better :)

Here's a macro of my Monti Digi... so far the best looking polyp extension... after I feed them with Roti-feast... I just wish the colour will someday returns :erm:

post-34-1164801811.jpg

Guys... got a bad news to report... the 9.6W worth of LED simply ain't enough to promote growth :cry2: Experiment failed :cry2: The LED will go to my home computer desk tonight <_<

Thanks Jem for helping me to further lower my temporary MH fixture... now only 7.5" away from the water surface... compared to 16" previously :shock:

Hopefully this will at least bring some colours back to my precious SPS :unsure:

upgrade to 75W MH :evil:

Hehe... bro you can read my mind... or am I that predictable? :lol::lol::lol:

did something die inside???

how come so fast n u got a result already...?

The Zoas I placed in the sump ain't opening and there isn't any growth spotted on the macroalgae... installed it last Friday... so that's 5 days including today :unsure:

I mean... that's the thing about experiments... sometimes you get it right... but sometimes it's failure <_<

Here's a nice shot of my Algae Blenny... this guy really got character... and it is very useful in creating enough motion on the shell bed to stir up detritus... but you guys should see the bombing :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1164888108.jpg