Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when is the light coming?

the one with all LEDs for your main tank.

My new lighting will come in 2 to 3 weeks time... and unfortunately is will NOT be LEDs :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

nice leds man .. like the design as well... but i read somewhere that the algae will thrive with yellowish lighting ? or is it mangroves ? haha .. cant remember .. any considerations for mangroves ? think they are quite good..

nice leds man .. like the design as well... but i read somewhere that the algae will thrive with yellowish lighting ? or is it mangroves ? haha .. cant remember .. any considerations for mangroves ? think they are quite good..

Yeah mangroves are very effective... but i do not have sufficient height... so will just stick with horizontal growth... as for the LED... the bulbs were spec at 6000ºK to 8000ºK... so should be quite alright... let's wait and see :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha ... i'll keep reading ur thread while i wait for the results of this experiment then .. plus i love ur cup coral la... been searching for a nice one ... but all the good ones are gone ... all the rest arent really circular .. or the "cup size" not right for me ..

• SRC Member
haha ... i'll keep reading ur thread while i wait for the results of this experiment then .. plus i love ur cup coral la... been searching for a nice one ... but all the good ones are gone ... all the rest arent really circular .. or the "cup size" not right for me ..

you like "D" cup :heh:

Current tank

Past tank

you like "D" cup :heh:

Haha... I will keep a look out for you ok? I am good at spotting F-Cups :lol::lol::lol:

Zoas are opening up alright this morning :) Will monitor for 2 more days :heh:

post-34-1164600498.jpg

My Montipora Digitata is finally showing polyp extension that I am happy with... but the colouration may require better quality water condition... will work towards that :)

post-34-1164601582.jpg

wow. the polyps are really extendin very well.

btw, how's the heat production for the led?

Heat? Emm... I will say almost non-existent... still a bit skeptical on this product... will test it out for a few more days :)

Btw... my fishies found the cleaning cavern... on the left side of the tank... introduced 2 Skunk Shrimps yesterday :)

post-34-1164602577.jpg

100 pg liao.

Yeah must thank you all for your support :bow::bow::bow: And I will hit 50000 views in a day or two :lol::lol::lol:

one more thing... go and trim the macroalgae until also botak and new growth will appear very fast base on you current bio-load  :lol:

Bro... I followed your advice... striped it almost "botak" this morning... then use superglue to colonize another rock :lol:

I am now running the refugium lighting opposite of my main tank lighting :heh:

post-34-1164636878.jpg

My ATI BM is so smelly nowadays... a bro suggested I put a bag of activated carbon near my skimmer :lol::lol::lol: I dunno if it is mind-trick... the smell does go away :P

post-34-1164642878.jpg

Here's how my DI water TOP UP SYSTEM works... fully automated by Aquatronica... will install another Water Level sensor inside the Top Up Chamber to alert me when I run out of DI water :)

post-34-1164643418.jpg

your top up water got salt mixed in it?

Nope bro Godzilla... they are purely DI water premixed with Grotech Mineral Pro (1/2 recommended dose)... to add back some filtered elements into the DI water :)

As for the Salt Mix chamber... I was just finalizing some details with Steve... will be introducing that feature as part of Phase II... expecting in 2 weeks... a chamber so large that can hold 20% of my tank volume at any given time :)

• SRC Member
As for the Salt Mix chamber... I was just finalizing some details with Steve... will be introducing that feature as part of Phase II... expecting in 2 weeks... a chamber so large that can hold 20% of my tank volume at any given time :)

bro, u never fail to impress with your ideas... :yeah:

can't wait to see your refugium as well... :idea:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member

Nope bro Godzilla... they are purely DI water premixed with Grotech Mineral Pro (1/2 recommended dose)... to add back some filtered elements into the DI water :)

please make the Salt Mix Chamber light and portable........ :P:P

please make the Salt Mix Chamber light and portable........ :P:P

Bro PP... cannot... it will be part of my 200+ Litres Sump #2 :lol:

Went to AM again... did some exercise... lifting my skimmer up... down... left... right... 14.5kg without water... part of the sump design procedure :D

post-34-1164708612.jpg

And here's a proof of how reefing has gotten out of hand... seems like everything evolves around reefing nowadays :shock: It even help determines my travel/holiday destinations :unsure:

post-34-1164709191.jpg