Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jervis , change ur shutter speed... smaller value i think ... thank way u can catch the moving object ... ur clowns ?

No need to set the shutter speed higher if wanna capture the nemo... but that will make the pix under-exposed :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

the blue light in the night shot is normal blue or moonlight?

That's normal blue shot... the night moonlight is very dim and I missed it ;) Timing not right :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

under exposed can use ur magic touch mah ... haha ... if not try to see if ur camera has a sports mode... mine has this function.. for capturing images in continuous motion.. but its not that good la .. haha..

No need to set the shutter speed higher if wanna capture the nemo... but that will make the pix under-exposed :(

Yes, setting a faster shutter speed will freeze the movement of the fishes and to maintain correct exposure, you will need to open up your aperture accordingly if you are not already at your maximum aperture (lens dependent). If you are aready at your maximum aperture, the other thing you can do is to use a higher iso setting. You can set it all the way to 1600 iso for your alpha100 if you don't mind the noise. If all the above still fails, it means your lighting condition of the tank is too dark to be captured succesfully and u either turn on flash (which spoils the lighting effect), upgrade to a better lens with a bigger maximum aperture (usually more expensive), or shoot under better ( = brighter) lighting condition. :D

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

wah! thanks for the pro advice !! now i know what to do for night shots .. :bow:

Yes we have a lot of pros in here :lol:

Guess what I bought during lunch break... I went with bro Sapp :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1164181297.jpg

Not a pro la ... just that it seems jervis is using the same dslr as i am using now and I am also currently exploring the camera - thought that I should share a little.

Specs

Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Hmmm.....the shrimps?? Were you at ML during lunch?

Specs

very nice camo shrimp... (water camo) :lol::lol:

Wah bro Sapp is so "smart" :lol::lol::lol:

Here's a shot of them together... another piece is right on top facing the other direction :nc:

post-34-1164182410.jpg

nice shrimps!

juz a thought though, the macro shot a little... out of focus.

Hoho you guys are getting more and more demanding... well... I will go get a better macro lense this weekend :lol:

As long as you guys continue to support me... :thanks:

Hoho you guys are getting more and more demanding... well... I will go get a better macro lense this weekend :lol:

Went to Sony Gallery just now... the Macro lense no stock... phew :whistle or else :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Were you at ML during lunch?

Yupe... there to buy food actually... my ATI BM roaring like a tiger right after I feed Henry's legendary mix :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1164199936.jpg

Yupe... there to buy food actually... my ATI BM roaring like a tiger right after I feed Henry's legendary mix :lol::lol::lol:

I think I may have bumped into you with another bro at ML during lunch. Was there to buy food too. :lol:

Somehow connected when you said you bought the shrimps during lunch ... cos I remembered someone asking Henry about the shrimps in his display tank. :)

Specs

Somehow connected when you said you bought the shrimps during lunch ... cos I remembered someone asking Henry about the shrimps in his display tank. :)

Yes... that's me... :lol::lol::lol: Nice meeting you bro :eyebrow:

Yes... that's me... :lol::lol::lol: Nice meeting you bro :eyebrow:

Nice meeting you too. :P

Specs

Haha.....thanks for clarifying....was about to ask who is who .... :P

Specs

Hahahaha... we blew our cover... :fear:  It was nice meeting u too jquek.  I am the taller one with specs.

Ok I'm the shorter one... more good-looking one :lol::lol::lol:

I've made major works today... rescape a little... relocate my right Tunze Stream 6000... bought new coral... quite a bit to update tonight... let's start with a macro shot :)

post-34-1164285604.jpg