Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

wow... nice looking. Must be quite ex.

We have not spoken about the price yet :o Coz I've paid 60kg of Indo rocks the last time round... but was proposed to wait for this decom tank... for all the waiting... I hope AM can sell me these nice rocks and branches using Indo rock pricing :lol:

The pix shows a box of small rocks actually, there are larger ones already transfered into their holding tank :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so ur rocks are finally coming? hehe

Yes my lord... tomorrow is the big day... shall get the tank ready for your coronation mid of next month... long live the King :bow::bow::bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Looks like tonga branch rocks... good choice mate..

i love tonga branch rocks too... :eyebrow:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Looks like tonga branch rocks... good choice mate..

i love tonga branch rocks too... :eyebrow:

Yes... Tongas are nice... but can be tricky with coral placement :unsure: I already reminded Master Steve again... I wan big big pieces :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
A special shot of my bioballs compartment... some bros adviced me to clear them... but I've decided to make good use of them with care... that is to make sure my filter floss is well covered... avoiding wastes and goos reach the bioballs... generally I like the idea of having some extra bacteria cultivating areas :heh:

hiz there jervis,

i will be using bioballs for my tank too but u will need abit of maintainance. surely there will be dirt even if u cover it with wool properly. you can try putting ur "balls" in fishing net so that next time you can wash/rinse them easily. No need to grab 1 by 1 out. better to spilt them into 4 groups of more. washing them 1 bag by 1 bag over a certain period of time to prevent too much disturbance to the bact.

happy reefing! :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

i will be using bioballs for my tank too but u will need abit of maintainance. surely there will be dirt even if u cover it with wool properly. you can try putting ur "balls" in fishing net so that next time you can wash/rinse them easily. No need to grab 1 by 1 out. better to spilt them into 4 groups of more. washing them 1 bag by 1 bag over a certain period of time to prevent too much disturbance to the bact.

Quite a good idea there... will look into it the next time I do a major maintenance... oh make sure you use tank water to wash your bioballs :lol:

• SRC Member

Quite a good idea there... will look into it the next time I do a major maintenance... oh make sure you use tank water to wash your bioballs :lol:

no no you shld use use tap water! :lol:

just kidding!

of course Never use tap water to wash ur bioballs ;)

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

The Live Rocks are here!!! (finally) :lol:

Live update from Mohd. Sultan Road :heh:

post-34-1161947778.jpg

I can see some very beautiful large pieces... very very nice :wub:

No smell at all!!! Amazing :shock:

post-34-1161947918.jpg

• SRC Member
You see that "DO NOT TOUCH" ball valve? If released... hell breaks loose :evil::evil::evil: It actually allows for a padlock... I think I will get myself some small padlocks to defend against itchy hands :heh: The last thing I want is Mrs. Murphy to pay me a visit :eyebrow:

what does this do in real life?

what does this do in real life?

That ball valve connects to a very long rubber hose... enough to run to my pantry's water outlet... just release and it will remove water from my tank :lol:

Not for the faint hearted of course :evil:

Here you go Colin... your favourite Master in action... one of the first few pieces of rocks :nc:

post-34-1161951532.jpg

Here's a massive piece of rock from the ocean :shock:

post-34-1161951913.jpg

• SRC Member

hey, what abt a live webcam of the master in action? :yeah:

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

hey, what abt a live webcam of the master in action? :yeah:

Sorry no video/webcam as the lighting in my studio a bit dim... too dark to be meaningful :bow:

Here's a top view of Master in Action (MIA)... from this angle... the tank looks damn small ;)

post-34-1161952677.jpg

Oh this is a nice Tonga branch... trying to find a spot that fits :huh:

post-34-1161953794.jpg