Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Like the way u label your electrical plug.. very need

btw, is the pics top view or side view... if the pics is the side view, u feel safe with your sockets below the PVC water pipe? What is leaking?

Yeah I am good at labelling stuff :P

Yes the main overflow pipe is on top of my Aquatronica Power Unit... dun think the PVC pipe will leak as the construction is really solid and it has gone through 1 month of leak test... however better be safe than sorry... I will look at ways to avoid seeing Mr. Murphy :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temporary location for the probes... left to right:

Conductivity (Sg), Redox, pH and Water Level...

Don't worry about the probes... they are all at least 1" away from the DSB surface :) But will find them a proper location once all my equipments are up... will do a final round of calibration prior to the relocation. I placed the temperature probe inside the overflow box instead as it offers a more accurate temperature (closer to main tank) compared to the sump.

Expecting 1 or 2 more probes to come in :)

The black glass design is paying off... part of my intention actually :heh:

post-34-1161264217.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

All parameters looking alright... temporary location for my Aquatronica Control Unit :lol: Comfortably sitting on my Aquapharm Sorb-4 container ;)

Also, programmed the ATI Bubble Master and Tunze Stream 6060 to rest for 12 hours everyday... shown in the control screen with a "clock" icon... socket B & F :)

post-34-1161264365.jpg

Cool gadget. Wat's that probe on the far right?

Cheers

JC

It's a very simple gadget... a water level sensor to activate my water top-up system :)

• SRC Member

all ur gadgets looks cool. The black sump tank suits ur equips theme :lol: So the top up gadget only got one sensor probe ? My tubby which is an old version came with 2 probes ;)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

all ur gadgets looks cool. The black sump tank suits ur equips theme :lol: So the top up gadget only got one sensor probe ? My tubby which is an old version came with 2 probes ;)

1 probe will do the job fine... as it is a "float" sensor... so there's a Level 1 and Level 2 reading... actually I purchased another sensor the other time... probably will find some other use for that extra sensor :unsure:

• SRC Member

1 probe will do the job fine... as it is a "float" sensor... so there's a Level 1 and Level 2 reading... actually I purchased another sensor the other time... probably will find some other use for that extra sensor :unsure:

cool..... less of a sensor makes a sump looks neater as u would have many other sensor too for other gadgets :pinch:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

cool..... less of a sensor makes a sump looks neater as u would have many other sensor too for other gadgets :pinch:

True... but gotto keep things minimal... or else... disaster to my bank account every 1 1/2 years :nuke:

Here's a video of some of my Red/Pink Gonios... the Blue Goniopora is looking optimistic... but polyps extension been extremely slow :(

th_MOV07836.jpg

• SRC Member
Temporary location for the probes... left to right:

Conductivity (Sg), Redox, pH and Water Level...

Don't worry about the probes... they are all at least 1" away from the DSB surface :) But will find them a proper location once all my equipments are up... will do a final round of calibration prior to the relocation. I placed the temperature probe inside the overflow box instead as it offers a more accurate temperature (closer to main tank) compared to the sump.

Expecting 1 or 2 more probes to come in :)

The black glass design is paying off... part of my intention actually :heh:

Bro, i think i read it somewhere that probes need to be a least a few inch apart else there will be interference... :unsure:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Bro, i think i read it somewhere that probes need to be a least a few inch apart else there will be interference... :unsure:

Bro, I've tried relocating my probes further away from each other... but the results are consistent... so I guess I will put my probes back to the original position as they look neater that way :D

post-34-1161311509.jpg

Did a final Calcium test before installing my CR (coming very soon)... still maintained at above 450 ppm :shock:

post-34-1161329326.jpg

Magnesium is at a very optimal level too... Marine Environment Salt Mix rocks!!! :eyebrow:

post-34-1161329433.jpg

Finally a temperature sensor report (1 day)... show's that without a chiller (and lighting)... the temperature of my tank will drop from 29.5ºC to probably 28ºC till end day... before raising back to 29.5ºC during the night till next morning.

The room temperature is 26ºC.

The situation will be very different during weekends and I expect the chiller to work extra hard ;)

post-34-1161331880.jpg

Latest parameters :)

post-34-1161332025.jpg

• SRC Member

The display is a real neat idea... One glance show all....

Hmmmm Aquatronica ... hands itching..

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

The display is a real neat idea... One glance show all....

Just want to clarify... the all-in-one screen was shown on my laptop... not on the Control Unit... the Control Unit doesn't come with colour LCD screen :nc:

:bow::bow::bow: bro..share with us your total investments for the setup

Well... it's hard to determine tha actual figure as I recycled some of the old equipments from my home tank... just a feel:

1) Arctica 1/3hp Titanium chiller - $2000+

2) ATI Powermodul Dimmable 10 x 54W - $2000+

3) Aquatronica Aquarium Controller - $2000+

Hehe :heh:

:bow: anything about passion is worth the investment

Err.... YES and NO... but for my case... YES!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Well... it's hard to determine tha actual figure as I recycled some of the old equipments from my home tank... just a feel:

1) Arctica 1/3hp Titanium chiller - $2000+

2) ATI Powermodul Dimmable 10 x 54W - $2000+

3) Aquatronica Aquarium Controller - $2000+

Hehe :heh:

hey when are u inviting mi to ur place man .

need to catch up with u . haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10