Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Cool... B) The sump design was inspired by the ATI Bubble Master :yeah:

post-34-1157466417.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.

very beautiful tank

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Wht's the separate filter box at the right of the sump? Top up?

Impressive design!!! :bow::bow::bow:

Thanks bro RD and Hammy... I am very pleased with the sump :)

Bro Lyz77, the right compartment is actually the DSB chamber. the white base is actually the Plenum (not complete yet). More to the right is the bubble counter :P

The pump you see inside the DSB chamber belongs to the right most compartment... for my 1/3hp Arctica... it's an Aquabee UP3000 :)

I have to confess... I overspent on the sump... the piping/union/valves alone costs more than $750 :pinch: I think my tank will have a very high "scrap" value ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

An update on the Live Rock... 1 week already... still curing at AM :lol:

post-34-1157470953.jpg

A close up of one of the LR... not bad huh? :heh:

post-34-1157471047.jpg

Finally arrive! Nice setup. The glass for ur DSB looks abit short leh. U not worry sand all over? Maybe i am wrong cos cannot see the right side with the tinted glass.

The chamber allows for around 5" of DSB, will probably use both Live Sand and Live Aragonite (coarser). So the coarser Live Aragonite on surface section will not be stirred up so easily. Will have to discuss with Steve further on this as I will be building another glass tank (Phase II) next to Phase I... currently in design stage... probably will incorporate a large DSB there also.

I think he just bought some shares in AM :D  :D  :D

Haha... you so "look up on me" ah? Maybe I can afford 1% if they willing to sell :lol: I can use Citibank Ready Credit to buy share :evil::heh::erm:

When you put your LR in your tank, plz show some step by step Photos.

Do we just stack the LR each other or do we use the glue or silicone? :rolleyes:

Plz dun mind my stupid questions..! :P

No question is stupid bro... only simple or difficult questions :lol:

For your question ah... a difficult question actually :lol: I will definitely post a step by step pictorial updates for you :)

If the LR pieces are large enough, I will try to avoid epoxy :) Will see how... probably will happen end next week if everything goes according to plan :)

• SRC Member

:bow:

My 80G Reef Tank ~ Turning Into A FOWLR Soon... in October 06

My 150G Office Paradiz ~ Mix Reef Tank Taking Shape!!!

Environment: 4' Display Tank w/ External Overflow + 3.5' Sump Tank + 3' Refugium (Phase II)

Sandbed: Nature's Ocean Premium Aragonite [Hawaiian Puka Shell + Australian Gold Shell]

Computer: Aquatronica Aquarium Controller [Temperature, pH, Density, Water Top-up, Redox]

Return Pump: Red Dragon 6,5m3 External (65W)

Lighting: ATI Dimmable PowerModul T5 [6 x 39W] (234W)

Protein Skimmer: ATI Bubble Master 250 w/ Eheim 126X (50W)

Chiller: Arctica 1/3Hp Titanium Chiller (550W) w/ Aquabee UP3000 (45W)

Wavemaker I: 2 x Tunze Turbelle® Stream 6000 + Tunze Multicontroller 7095 (30W)

Wavemaker II: Tunze Turbelle® Stream 6060 (10W)

FR: Skimz x 2 w/ Aquabee UP1000 [sORB-4 + BlackGold] (10W)

Denitrator: AquaMedic Nitratreductor 1000 w/ AquaMedic SP3000 Dosing Pump (10W)

Water Top-up: Aquabee UP300

Camera: Sony DSC-N1 (8.1 mega pixels)

Photo Management/Editing Software: Apple iPhoto 6

Energy Consumption: Approx. $70.00/month (Tariff rising 12% yearly) ~ Use it wisely!

if i'm going to set up a new tank i will definitely get his advice and copy his design and setup not due to the nice tank review but the enviromental friendly equipment he used...

:bow::bow:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

if i'm going to set up a new tank i will definitely get his advice and copy his design and setup not due to the nice tank review but the enviromental friendly equipment he used...

Bro... $70.00 a month is still a lot coz it will double within 5 years to $140.00 :shock::shock::shock: I am still trying to bring down the costs... trying hard :)

A top view of my overflow comb... rock solid construction... the euro-bracing also acts as a barrier to stop jumpy fishies from exploring my sump :P Notice the same black tinted 10mm glass here?

Note: Left = main tank, Right = overflow box... do not be confused by the reflection of the overflow pipe.

post-34-1157521039.jpg

that means the water will be filled almost to the brim.

Nope... the slits are actually 2" high... probably will leave 1" gap... better not to touch the bracing :)

when gonna add in water!

By this week... I hope :)

Cool... B) The sump design was inspired by the ATI Bubble Master :yeah:

bro jervis, how high of the water level of the BM segment in your sump, you mentioned the ideal water level of BM is 6"~8". But, look at your is more lower then 6", is it correct?

If it was, why?