Jacobus' Glass Box

jacobus

• SRC Member

i agree with WaNeR ... new scape got more potential for corals .. but my old scapes where cool .. haha .. anyways ... my chromis are now up for adoption ... sigh .. anyone wants ? my GF refused to allow them into the tank .. my tank looks so empty now ... i can only see my blenny my filefish and clown ... my bimaculatus hog is still exploring the rockwork ...

bro fishtalk ! if u are reading this .. how long did it take for your hog to start coming out ?

• SRC Member

U too got a nice twin spot hogfish :D MIne doen't take long to explore, in jus a days time, he's out looking for food :P Must have been starved at the LFS before I bought it. Now that u remove ur sixline, I believe that the hogfish would be out in the open soon as u know also that sixline are quite territorial and aggressive fellow. They are quite explorative fellow, great to keep as u will see him poking in n out of the LRs. :lol:

Where u got it? did u got it ard the price that I told u when u came to my house? :heh:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Bro, IMO ur new scape looks nicer. It has a gradual slope for u to display more corals. The old scape got a steep slope and will be difficult to have ur corals attach to the LR,eles u expoxy it. The greenish plate looks good, must be happy in ur tank :upsidedown:

For the filefish, if u got colony of SPS, then it will spell out trouble. My experiences is that the filefish will nip at the SPS but leaves other corals alone. Well, it all depends on luck to get a tame fellow without nipping at corals. Did u get the filefish to clear aptisia problem?

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

yep got it to help with aiptasia ... but dun think its doing its job ... no nipping on corals at all ... no intentions for sps as well haha... i still want to put the sixline back in leh ... after a week ... is tt ok ?

i got my hog at farmway 1 reef en nature ... i think even lower price than u .. haha .. yup .. ur green plate is doing very well ... although now i dunno ... coz new scape ... diff flow conditions ... haven been at home in the day time since the rescape ... dunno if opening well ... the old scape was perfect for it .... it was HUGE ! haha ..

• SRC Member
yep got it to help with aiptasia ... but dun think its doing its job ... no nipping on corals at all ... no intentions for sps as well haha... i still want to put the sixline back in leh ... after a week ... is tt ok ?

i got my hog at farmway 1 reef en nature ... i think even lower price than u .. haha .. yup .. ur green plate is doing very well ... although now i dunno ... coz new scape ... diff flow conditions ... haven been at home in the day time since the rescape ... dunno if opening well ... the old scape was perfect for it .... it was HUGE ! haha ..

Put the 6line back in the tank? :ooh: Something I wouldn't wan to think of . Not a wise thought <_< Remember Bro Jervis's 6line , causing him nightmare and regrets abt it ?

Great to hear that the plate are opening HUGE. Feed the fellow with a piece of prawn once a week and it will grow grow grow :yeah:

• SRC Member
The filefish will nip at zoos too. Peppermint shrimp always hide and dun really clear aiptasia leh. Used to have 2 but dun see them, onli see aiptasia still ard.

I gave up trying to get he file fish to clear aptisia. In the end, heart pain pain, went to get the kill aptisia lotion and use a syringe to pump right in the middle of the aptisia. iNstand kill. Pests no more :P

• SRC Member

wait wait ! haha ... i dun have aiptasia anymore ... yup .. i seen my filefish nip at zoos be4 ... tts y i have no zoos ... but since im mainly getting more LPS ... i think im safe ... bro fishtalk ... my hog is being picky leh ... he is hungry but eat and spit ... saw him poo though ... might be the live shrimp i threw into the tank ...

• SRC Member
wait wait ! haha ... i dun have aiptasia anymore ... yup .. i seen my filefish nip at zoos be4 ... tts y i have no zoos ... but since im mainly getting more LPS ... i think im safe ... bro fishtalk ... my hog is being picky leh ... he is hungry but eat and spit ... saw him poo though ... might be the live shrimp i threw into the tank ...

Wahahaha.... such picky fellow..... :P Wat food u feed to ur fishes ? I fed mine with pellets 1 & 2, frozen mysis and once a blue moon, chopped market prawns :fear:

So Ur file fish did clear ur aptisia .... He must have did it when u r sleeping...... B)

• SRC Member

i feed mixture of brine and mysis ... mixed with flakes ... occasionally some daphnia for corals .. but my fish love the daphnia too .. at least once a week of chopped prawns ... plus since i found a source of live shrimp ... i will harvest weekly ... keep in a sep tank hopefully i can get a self replenishing supply ... mebbe this will keep my fish healthier ...

btw .... the hog only seemed interest in brine ... plus quite pro ... eat body spit out tail ... !

• SRC Member
i feed mixture of brine and mysis ... mixed with flakes ... occasionally some daphnia for corals .. but my fish love the daphnia too .. at least once a week of chopped prawns ... plus since i found a source of live shrimp ... i will harvest weekly ... keep in a sep tank hopefully i can get a self replenishing supply ... mebbe this will keep my fish healthier ...

btw .... the hog only seemed interest in brine ... plus quite pro ... eat body spit out tail ... !

Wow.... a high class fellow ar :P try not to feed ur LS with chopped prawns too often, it tends to pollute the water greatly. U could take a look at ur skimmer after feeding with chopped prawns, it will skimmed madly. So can imagine how it can contribute to increased the phosphate in ur tank. jus my 2 little cents :snore:

I forgot to add that I also feed them with brine and curry powder :lol:

• SRC Member

I mean cyclopezee not the Tek Kar market curry powder :P They loved it too. watever flows to the tank bottom will be trap by the corals, especially my sunnies. The sunnies sure open damn big when i fed with cylopezee

• SRC Member

hiaz ... my hog still being picky ... i notice that when i feed my mixture ... my newer fish dun like it ( tomato and hog ) if i feed just brine ... they will eat ... but my hog is picky with it ... will try just mysis ... need to train them for mysis soon ... then pallets .. is my hog being picky coz he is new ?

• SRC Member

thanks for the advice terryz ... think im just being a worrywart... need to confirm ... these guys eat unwelcome inverts right ? tts what the LFS guy told me ... 100% reef safe he claims ... i doubt so .. if im not wrong they will eat shrimps ?

• SRC Member
hiaz ... my hog still being picky ... i notice that when i feed my mixture ... my newer fish dun like it ( tomato and hog ) if i feed just brine ... they will eat ... but my hog is picky with it ... will try just mysis ... need to train them for mysis soon ... then pallets .. is my hog being picky coz he is new ?

dun need to worry too much la. they get hungry enuff, they will eat.

thanks for the advice terryz ... think im just being a worrywart... need to confirm ... these guys eat unwelcome inverts right ? tts what the LFS guy told me ... 100% reef safe he claims ... i doubt so .. if im not wrong they will eat shrimps ?

I have seen mine eat bristleworm... Those that can fit its mouth... lol...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

:shock:

didnt know hog fish eat bristleworm :evil:

maybe i should get 1 too?

so far my cleaner shrimps are all still ard. dun see the hogfish disturbing them. But i do see the hogfish sticking its head in and out of every rock holes. always venturing and exploring ...... for food ? :huh: But i do think they eats bristleworm thou ;)