Jacobus' Glass Box

jacobus

That tiny Tomato is so cute :lol::lol::lol: Does it host any anemone?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

nice LR stacking. i can never achive such hight when stackin mine. :bow:

would it be too late if i say that if your back glass tank to add or paint color?eg ocean blue,dark blue or black? imho, the back ground color can gv more "the depth look" to ur tank n at the same time the LR can be more err how to say..."stand out" or looks more natural? :D

haha too late liao ... but i might be shifting the tank sometime .... maybe when that happens ... i can change the background... haha..

• SRC Member
last photo for the night !

dsc0072oi1.jpg

any comments people ?

excellent scaping bro!!!!

very nice!

something that i would have loveedd!! if my tank wasnt a partition with such little space as it is...

tank looking really really pretty now!

now i am like super inspired to set up at 2x1.5x1.5 tank back in hall!! hahaa...

• SRC Member

that pic actually not good ... haha .. the corals all preparing to sleep .. haha.. my tank actually needs more rockwork ... now almost no free space to put corals ... worried abt the stinging issue as well..

• SRC Member

nice LR stacking. i can never achive such hight when stackin mine. :bow:

would it be too late if i say that if your back glass tank to add or paint color?eg ocean blue,dark blue or black? imho, the back ground color can gv more "the depth look" to ur tank n at the same time the LR can be more err how to say..."stand out" or looks more natural? :D

is it really true that a black background will help? I feel like trying that too!

any this is a really nice layout bro. well thoughout

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

black background will simply accentuate all the things inside the tank... like stand out... i find that black has the best effect, blue sucks..

Yes black background is the best... except for Black Tangs :cry2:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

black background + black tang = camo tang .. bad news today ... my FAVE fish ( candy hog ) was found a "kiam hur" this morning on my floor.. totally ruined my day ... immediately "obtained" :ph34r: a sheet of acrylic to make a cover... sigh... hope a shipment of them comes in soon ... miss it so much already..

• SRC Member

but then hor.. now with all my piping already.. prizm skimmer still ok, but all my eheim hose. sian. how to add black background leh. haiz.! why i never stumble on ur thread earlier!?

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

this pic shows my newest additions! ... hope these guys will work out... heard tt they arent that easy to keep ... umm btw ... the full white goby is not new ... haha... posted this pic also for bro piero to see what the sand sifting goby looks like... anyone can ID it ? its the fully white goby ..

dsc0142rs8.jpg

• SRC Member

my firegoby is in hiding today... was out the whole day ... came home to find only my rainford goby( which has started to feed btw )... i also got another twinspot hog yesterday .. this fella did better than the previous one.. started feeding in a few hours... and eating like a pig today and already comfortable in the tank... took the previous one a few days to stabilize... have a good feeling about this one.. haha..

this fella is so pretty!!!

dsc0164zi7.jpg

Wow... another reefer with DSLR :bow:

• SRC Member
bro is the D50 good?

ummm cant give u any constructive comments coz im very very noob at DSLRs ... but its quite easy to pick up ... even a goon like me got the hang of it ... haha.. but i think the modes given no use for reef photos ... u want good shots must tweak here and there for your own settings then can manage to take nice photos...

oh and bro jervis... cam is not mine ... haha :ph34r: .... :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

some updates..

1. rescaped.

2. removed 1 chromis to reduce bioload. although i should have removed both.. :(

3. replaced the white watchman goby with another one.

4. MY FIREGOBY IS ALIVE EATING AND HUM JI-LIKE

5. gf FORCED me to buy a copperband( the perils of bringing them to LFS :( )

6. copperband is doing so-so( fed on some live brine and seaweed flakes )

7. my rainford is doing very well

8. scooter blenny loves chomping on live brine.