Accurist's Sea

accurist

Hi there... do you think you can remove one piece of glass divider inside your sump? The one right to your macro skimmer. Just cut the silicone using a blade cutter... won't affect your sump tank at all... then you can have a large enough space for all sorts of fancy in-sump skimmer. As I heard electricity in Bangkok is high (higher than Singapore in fact, can you verify this?) you may want to get a energy efficient model.

I will do some search for you tonight for some nice skimmers... will post here. If you like, you can PM me for the best place to get that particular model... don't worry, I am not linked to any LFS... but just trying to bring in "foreign exchange" :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing the baffle is an option, it seems to limit my options far to much. The first baffle is an overflow baffle that keeps the water level in the compartment constant.

I would rather move the baffle than have the skimmer outside of the cabinet

• SRC Member

Removing the highlighted baffle and sealing the bottom of the second baffle should solve your problem. That way, the second baffle will act as the overflow baffle and raise your water level to the height of the second baffle. Once done, you should have the room for any one of the insump skimmers available (H&S, Deltecs, ASM, Aqua C, Reef Octopus etc....)

post-34-1154505992.jpg

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

I roughly calculated your tank... around 800 liters... so if you ask me... I'll suggest you get the following during your next trip here to Singapore:

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 851 - S$1,399.00

http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/skimmers_6.php

L: 390mm W: 310mm H: 800mm

I wouldn't suggest you other brand as I do not have direct experience with other brands... but of course you can try ATI Bubble Master, but I don't think the Bubble Master will come in early enough for your next visit :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I roughly calculated your tank... around 800 liters...

The tank has holds appromixmately 550 litres including sump.

The bottom of the sump to the roof of the cabinet is 82cm. Would I be able to take the cup off the Deltec?

Do you rate your bubble master better than your Deltec?

The tank has holds appromixmately 550 litres including sump.

The bottom of the sump to the roof of the cabinet is 82cm. Would I be able to take the cup off the Deltec?

Do you rate your bubble master better than your Deltec?

Oh your cabinet is too low for the Deltec... you will either can't or have great difficulty removing the collection cup for cleaning :(

Hahaha.... I think that claim is a little too strong and way too controversial... all I can say is... the Bubble Master is a much more powerful skimmer compared to the Deltec 851... easily twice the capacity :) But probably overkill for your tank as your tank is approx. 550 litres :)

You may consider Deltec 600 (height only 600mm) but I got a feeling it may not be powerful enough for your tank capacity :nc:

what about the 600APF, rated at 750 to 1000 litres.

That's what I was looking at just now... well... sufficient but not entirely ideal... again it depends on your stocking/feeding habit... if you do not intend to overstock your tank... then I think this is a good sub $1000 skimmer that will do the job many times better than your existing protein skimmer :lol:

I think I saw 1 piece of this at a LFS the other day. If you want, I can get good price for you... but or I do is to refer you to the LFS (one of the sponsor here)... just PM me if you are interested :)

i suggest you get the Deltec 851 model. Maybe Deltec apf600 can do the job as well.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

i suggest you get the Deltec 851 model. Maybe Deltec apf600 can do the job as well.

His cabinet can't fit the 851 (unfortunately) or else it will be perfect for his setup. I guess APF600 is not bad at all... considering what you are running now :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
I just got home and found the light fixture has fallen down, and smashed the tank.

*expletive* *expletive* *expletive* *expletive*

:o bro wat happened?? really very sad to hear this happened. is ur corals n fishes surviving?

The light fixture has ended up in the water. Do you think it is safe to try turn on? The timer has frozen, from a short I guess at 12, so the light must have turned on in the water. Will it be blown?

damage report so far, glass braces on the top of the tank smashed.

one tang MIA, other under a rock. leather taken a bad blow and a maxima clam

Oh man... it's heart breaking to hear that... yeah mishaps like that must be avoided next time... :(

Don't on the light fixture... disaster!!! I will try to dry it, left it out in the sun for a couple of hours, really make sure it is dry up before power up... remove the bulbs too, dry the sockets... oh dear... real sorry bro ;)

DO NOT turn the light fixture on. The components are wet inside. I tried to on back the light fixture once after it dropped into the water and the whole house black out. :(

What's the damage done? Can rectify the broken brace?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

the left clip by the wall which attached the lights to the rail had total failure.

Phuket Aquarium have turned up to fix it, seeing it was they who installed it not so long ago. They are cutting new glass to replace the braces currently, all the MH bulbs are blown. i'll get them to remove the baffle in the sump at the same time.

• SRC Member

there is a shorter version of ap851. it is ap701. same rating with ap851 and it may good fitting to your cabinet height :) hmm... suddenly every thread i drop by... there is a talk about skimmer :D

your set up is impressive :)

age.png

hmm... suddenly every thread i drop by... there is a talk about skimmer

Haha... I know :P

yes they stripped it and put new bulbs in. Currently is just resting on the top of the tank, they will be back in the moring to mount the lights. Seems the only losses have been the glass which has been replaced, leather and a clam.

They also removed the first baffle and blocked of the bottom of the second. AP701 could be the one, I missed it on the reefdepot site as they incorrectly stated the high as 80cm and its not listed on the d&d site.