Accurist's Sea

accurist

AP701 is a great skimmer... will surely skim 10 times more than your current skimmer :D Have you contacted RD for stock? Better call early to avoid disappointment :) All the best to you bro... and do do a product review on it :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Good to hear that things have been sorted....how high is the last baffle and what's the water level in the skimmer section of the sump? U might wanna consider raising it to like 10 inches or so....need to check and see what is the optimum level for your intended skimmer...

cheers

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

how high is the last baffle and what's the water level in the skimmer section of the sump? U might wanna consider raising it to like 10 inches or so

The water level is 8 inches, anyone know what the level should be for a Deltec 701?

Why does Singapore you inches, feet, and gallons?

• SRC Member

In terms of air intake, the AP701 is higher then 851 partially due to the height of the skimmer.

As for 851, since it got longer body, the overall reaction time will be longer! ;)

The European AP851 is fitted with 1 Eheim pump drawing in 600lts of air per hour.

The AP701 produces a maximum level of air at 750 lts per hour but will be more efficient in most aquariums turned down to 600-650 lts using the tap

So bro... are you getting a Mini-BK? :) I think the Mini-BK 200 is the best for your setup :) Do update us... and make us drool :look:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

are you getting a Mini-BK?  I think the Mini-BK 200 is the best for your setup

It is possible, I could, if I can find one in Southern Germany or Amsterdam by the first two weeks of Sept.

Anyone know how i could locate one in Munich or Amsterdam?

Is it worth the extra cost over a AP 701?

It is possible, I could, if I can find one in Southern Germany or Amsterdam by the first two weeks of Sept.

Anyone know how i could locate one in Munich or Amsterdam?

Is it worth the extra cost over a AP 701?

Personally... depending from which angle you look at it.

They are both good... both reliable... both will do the job well... both tested... but Bubble King has a sense of luxury that comes with the brand... exclusivity is the word... it's distinctive RED is a very nice feature... the thick plexi glass construction... the legendary Red Dragon pump...

You gotto to ask yourself in the end... is your tank worth it?

Just like what Loreal makes us believe... "Coz I'm Worth it!"... ok I'm talking nonsense today :upsidedown:

I don't even know or have talked to another reefer in Thailand :lol:

Oh there isn't a FORUM in Thailand? Oh that's quite a pity :( Well... if you own a Bubble King... you will be exclusive throughout the world... here in Singapore... all over :lol::lol::lol: But you will have to pay double for that prestige... :D Rolex doesn't come cheap dear... I'm not referring to those from Chatuchak Market :lol:

I've been quoted a price for a MiniBK 200 internal in Germany for 2,400 SGD, thats pretty much excalty 1,000 SGD more than a Deltec 701 (not including shipping costs of the Deltec to Thailand.)

The rating is different.

Deltec701 is rated for 1000 litres tank.

BK-200 is rated for. . i cant remember. .

Anyway u might as well get bk-300 cuz the price difference is not tt much.. maybe a couple of hundreds more. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• 2 months later...
i'm pleased to annouce my new toy.

Is that a Hns?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

I looked at various skimmers for ages and even after moving the baffle in my sump I was still only left with a 30 x 35 footprint area. None of the skimmers I wanted fitted!!! Deltec 701, Ati BM etc...

So I'm having a new sump made to fit the H & S, which I happend to get for a alright price, wasn't really a choice, but i'm happy with it. Looks well built and like its going to have loads of power.

The new sump design is not going to leave room for the MD55 so i'm currently looking for a new in sump return pump. Aquabee or Ehiem, think I should try get a Aquabee due to power consumption.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Glad to see you finally decided on your skimmer. Tho i haven't used an HnS personally, rest assured that it would do great in ur tank. After all, they're using similar needlewheel pumps as the Deltecs if i'm not mistaken.

Shoot some pics of the new sump. And the aquabee does sound like a good choice, u can also consider AquaMedic Ocean Runners, they're pretty power efficient as well.

Keep the updates comin! ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

SHOW ME THE SKIMMATE :sick::sick::sick: