Hydor FLO Rotating Water Deflector

zorden

• SRC Member

product info

HD01401.jpg

Bought a toy 4 months ago..and just install it an hour ago..

Flo Water Deflector 80-310 gph

Rotating water deflector applicable, with proper adaptors, to the outlet of any pump or filter.

The Hydor FLO rotating water deflector rotates 360 degrees driven by the water flow of the filter being used, so no additional power source is required. The FLO rotating water flow creates a natural and pleasant wave effect which is beneficial to live plants and reef inhabitants and leads to increased oxygenation. Adaptors are included which allow the FLO rotating water deflector to be used with most aquarium filter and water pump applications. For freshwater or marine aquariums. Ideal for use with canister filters and powerheads. For use with devices with flow rates of 80-310 gph. Excessive flow rates can damage the unit and are not covered by warranty. Two year manufacturer`s warranty.

Features:

360° rotation guaranteed by the water flow of the pump/filter.

Moves the aquarium water increasing oxygenation and surface gas exchange preventing the formation of the “white line” effects.

Creates a beneficial wave effect which moves plants and invertebrates.

Functions with no extra energy consumption.

So far, its turning well, giving me a kind of "natural current" to play with..

tunzes give me interval or pulsing..this give me a rotating flow...

but there's one problem that i might face in the near future.

the "gear" of the rotating wave deflector may be jammed by calcium build up therefore i would require maintenance to solve this problem..

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Wah... I've been eyeing this little guy for a while now... just one question... if I install near my water surface, when it turns to facing upwards... will it shoot water upwards? ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

when it turns to facing upwards... will it shoot water upwards? ;)

Hi Jervis:

Yes, it will as this is one of the issue face by users.

However, it really depend on how much is the flow rate to this outlet and what is the depth from the water surface.

• SRC Member

i don think the gadget will drop out unless u never secure it properly....

btw i'm using it for my ocr6500. and Jervis it dont shoot the water out of the surface...

i position the toy diagonally its around 3-4 inches away from the water surface so far nothing happen...

i think this toy is good for those small lps tank which is looking into random flow..

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
anyone mind pm me where to get the products and also wat the price.

thx.

btw..you can get this product From our Sponsor Jireh...... located @/near ginza plaza...