ATI Protein Skimmer?!?

jervismun

Well... you must agree this is a very performance based segment of the industry... brands can come and go... and they often come back... just like cars... so for the moment it seems than ATI Bubble Master and Twister is in the spotlight... :lol::lol::lol:

Just like another brand start with "A"... they are extremely powerful and popular a couple of years back... then taken over by a "D" company due to lack of innovation... it's a natural cycle... but moving production to China is definitely a wrong business decision to me... so that particular brand is doomed forever (IMO) :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Well... you must agree this is a very performance based segment of the industry... brands can come and go... and they often come back... just like cars... so for the moment it seems than ATI Bubble Master and Twister is in the spotlight... :lol::lol::lol:

Just like another brand start with "A"... they are extremely powerful and popular a couple of years back... then taken over by a "D" company due to lack of innovation... it's a natural cycle... but moving production to China is definitely a wrong business decision to me... so that particular brand is doomed forever (IMO) :lol::lol::lol:

haha. . dun put until so obvious mahz. . :lol::lol: "A" still got their own supporters. .

Anyway if its proven to be as good as the BK and selling at 1/3 of the price, i guess its a blessing for fellow reefers. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: I understand from the thread that they will be replacing the Eheim pump with their own pump (ATI), a new generation of pumps without bearings. Basically, the impeller "floats" inside magnetic field and the thin film of water surrounds it. This way the pump should be much quieter and makes much less friction inisde. Thus, the pump is more energy efficient.

Wow, the advent of a revolutionary technology ! ;)

Wow, the advent of a revolutionary technology ! ;)

I know... who would've thought ATI can produce pumps... but according to sources they are produce by Sicce Italy alongside Tunze Master Circulation Pump :lol:

The new pump for the Twister M is only 11W leh... 11W!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

waiting for your product review then..maybe u can have a pure ATI tank..

ATI lights, Ati skimmer and pump then pray that ATI do have chiller by then

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

ATI also has pumps and calcium reactors...

Most probably will got for Powermodul 4ft 8 tubes dimmable for my new 4.5ft tank :lol:

Great German forum... and it's so amazing to see the owner of ATI Oliver Pritzel posting :lol::lol::lol: What better way to get info from the boss :yeah:

post-17-1154047335.jpg

Extracted from German forum:

Hello,

here a few pictures of the ATI A1500 thread wheel pump with approx. 11W power input. Much more does not give to say it actually to it. It will cost to the final customer€ 99 and runs approximately noiseless. The long silicone hose serves at the same time the uncoupling. Otherwise olive already said everything to it.

Greeting

JoergB

ATI Coworker

This pump is so new... they only announced it 2 weeks ago!!! Confirmed the Twister M I saw at AquaMarin the other day (my set) comes with this new ATI A1500 pump... amazing!!! 11W only leh... that is... $1.50/month of electricity running 24/7 :lol::lol::lol:

post-17-1154047824.jpg

Hi guys... as promised... thanks to AquaMarin for letting me take some :sick: shots :lol:

What you guys think? 4th day of running... :sick:

post-17-1154084810.jpg

Another shot... look at that filthy looking lid :sick: They clean the collection cup daily... aiya... what a waste :angry: Should've accumulate an entire tub full of skimmate mah :sick::sick::sick:

Please note that this is the Bubble Master (rated for 3000 liters)... mine is a baby Twister M (rated for 1000 liters only)

Here's a link to the ATI Bubble Master @ CoralGarden.de

post-17-1154085021.jpg

Oh I'm such a bubble/foam maniac :evil::evil::evil:

post-17-1154085363.jpg

Hi Jervis:

If you do happen to be the LFS again.

Maybe you could take a look at the air-intake guage?

Read from the German forum listed here (earlier thread) that due to the new propeller wheel, foreign deposit could form hence reducing the amount of air-intake.

The function of the guage there is also to indicate that the propeller need cleaning when air input drops. Just don't know how soon maintainance is needed compare to traditional needle wheel.

Thanks.

jervis. . . u sld be taking pictures of the bubble produced, not the collection cup of skimmate. :lol:

My collection cup can beat that any time. . need to see some bubbles man.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Hi Jervis:

If you do happen to be the LFS again.

Maybe you could take a look at the air-intake guage?

Read from the German forum listed here (earlier thread) that due to the new propeller wheel, foreign deposit could form hence reducing the amount of air-intake.

The function of the guage there is also to indicate that the propeller need cleaning when air input drops. Just don't know how soon maintainance is needed compare to traditional needle wheel.

Thanks.

Ok I will try to shoot again but it's kinda hard to shoot lower as that area is kinda cramp and I do not want to get my camera wet by extending it too near the splashing water... will try nevertheless.

DE, very nice BK... I heard you are carrying BK skimmers right? If I am not happy with this ATI skimmer, I will come look for you :lol:

Acidjazz, as mentioned, the bubble portion is being covered by the sump wall, I will find a way to shoot it, or maybe wait for my Twister lor :lol: You comparing it with your Beckett or Shuran? This guy only been running for days... let it settle lah :)

• SRC Member
Jervis, do you know the price of this skimmer already?

Hi BFG

As replied to so many PMs these few days... AM bundled this skimmer together with a long list of equipments including the tank + sump + cabinet... so it's not fair for me (and AM) to just quote you a figure... they will announce price very soon (i heard)... I hope you understand my position :bow::bow::bow:

Thanks for your interest and support so far... as I've already gotten the actual product and started a new thread specifically for ATI Twister®M... I shall close this thread.

Please visit the following link to see more of this new exciting product :)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=51002&st=0