Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can get carribeaans sand from Reef Depot they are selling..

Emm... maybe not... AM also selling lah... but easily cost $500 on sand along... most probably go with grade 2 or grade 3 sand... maybe mix with 2 bags of Live Aragonite to speed up bacteria cultivation :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Jervis. . i was doing some searching just now. . in the last 2 years there's actually one bubble king up for grab in pasam malam. . :lol::lol: we can slowly wait. .

For deltec. . less than 5 pieces for sale in the last 2 years.

Either not many own deltec or bubbleking, if not there's no unhappy users.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Jervis. . i was doing some searching just now. . in the last 2 years there's actually one bubble king up for grab in pasam malam. . :lol::lol: we can slowly wait. .

For deltec. . less than 5 pieces for sale in the last 2 years.

Either not many own deltec or bubbleking, if not there's no unhappy users.

Haha... or perhaps those who can afford BK don't have the time/bother to BLOG :lol::lol::lol:

Another reason is... if you have a BK or a Deltec, I don't think you even need to post at Pasar Malam... your friends will grab it as soon as you show interest in upgrading... just like my MCE600, it was sold even before I decided to decom it ;)

Must agree that Deltec commands good price and good position when it comes to second-hand value... just like Mercedes Benz (in certain markets)... and looking at the performance of the MCE600 (baby Deltec)... I will definitely get a giant Deltec for my next next MEGA tank :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

can u share an autocad drawing of yr tank?

Bro Tigger, I am not using Autocad to design the tank as I can do it much faster using Adobe Illustrator... is this visual clear enough? I will also post a blow-up 3D later :)

post-34-1154501269.jpg

B)

post-34-1154501337.jpg

autocad. haha. learnt in in school. bro trigger, autocad bankground is black color leh.

Can change background to white (or any colour) during export... I learned that in school too... but I failed that subject :lol::lol::lol: Prefer hand drawn architectural drawings at that time :P

Ok guys... I've decided not to create a thematic tank... it sounds interesting but will pose too much of restrictions to the hobby... can even make it kinda boring after a while... another reason is... I want to keep most of my LS and a Carribean or a Great Barrier Reef setup doesn't allow it... so will keep the idea for my future setup then :(

jervis, i forsee you owning a bubble king, not a deltec for your next set up. :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

jervis, i forsee you owning a bubble king, not a deltec for your next set up. :D

Haha... don't be like that lah... so fast predicting my next next tank... :lol:

Bad news guys... I am having second thought... everybody keep telling me my sump is too tiny and I will surely regret having a 3ft sump :( I will redesign the tank... probably wider but have to restrict the amount of water as I don't intend to upgrade my existing equipments... got a feeling this will take a while... perhaps September to realize :o

• SRC Member
Bad news guys... I am having second thought... everybody keep telling me my sump is too tiny and I will surely regret having a 3ft sump :( I will redesign the tank... probably wider but have to restrict the amount of water as I don't intend to upgrade my existing equipments... got a feeling this will take a while... perhaps September to realize :o

In that case, plan for SPS tank. You won't regret. :P

Bro, ur boss dun mind u setting a tank in the office? Or r u the BOSS? :rolleyes:

I am one of the partners and I have the entire attic floor for myself (for the time being)... so I guess no one will stop me :)

In that case, plan for SPS tank. You won't regret. :P

Nope... I am not ready for SPS... and LPS is too beautiful to ignore... my next tank will be SPS perhaps... but now, I want to continue keeping LPS :)

Oh just remembered the restrictions by the narrow staircases... don't think those guys can carry a 6 feet tank all the way up to the 4th level... I got a feeling it's quite impossible and a crane or assemble in-situ is not an alternative :(

The tank maker will (finally) meet me at my office tomorrow late afternoon... from there he will be able to tell if the men can lift the fish tank up 4 storeys... :) Hopefully will have a clearer idea of what can and cannot achieve for my new setup :)

Worst senerio is to build the tank within your office premise! ;)

I already checked... it will be extremely costly... not a viable option for the time being :huh:

Ok guys, the tank maker came to my office just now for a site audit, so we've decided on site... 4W x 1.5H x 2D with external flow. Sump will be maximized to fit the footprint. Nothing fancy, nothing grand... I've decided to save up for the following:

1) Live Aragonite sand bed (1 to 1.5")

2) An ATI Bubble Master protein skimmer (upgraded from Twister®M)

3) A reliable CR (have not decided what brand yet)

4) 2 relatively large FR (most probably Skimz) with reliable phosphate remover and activated carbon

I hope my modest/realistic plans will not cause any unnecessary delay to the project... I will organize an open tank party for all bros and sis :D

Well... my new tank volume is just around 100 US Gal (incl. sump)... I guess should suffice for the time being since it is only a fish tank for 9 to 5 / 5 days a week :lol:

• SRC Member

hi jervis,

just a small suggestion ya- to help you save some costs. :D

you dont really need two FRs, in the sense that the effectiveness of an FR is a factor of the contact time between media and water, so low flow is more crucial in that sense. holding 1000ml of rowa in an FR isnt really advisable as it leeches iron into the system, and iron as we all know is an essential nutrient for algae growth. just using a small pump to run a single FR with 100ml of rowa should last your system at least two months- case in point- scarabs system, where he uses like three tablespoons in a filter bag just placed into the sump.

plus you can mix carbon and rowa together, just that youd need to clear out the carbon monthly, so perhaps using a small amount of both, then just clearing it out monthly could be an option, seeing as calcium has a tendency to precipitate on iron and reduces the efficiency of the ferric oxide over time as well.

cheers,

ian

ps: cant wait to see the review for your ATi skimmer on the new system!