Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

What you guys think of the design? I will do some colour exploration and will post for you guys to choose :lol:

post-34-1154334599.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Since you do not plan to hv any hood/ cover for your tank, make sure the fish you introduce do not have a high tendency to jump out fr your tanks!!! :P

U may wanna add a removable net to cover your overflow box to prevent any fishes from falling in there too!

I got 9 colour schemes... dunno which one to go with... appreciate if you guys help vote... I'll probably let the reefers decide... since this new tank is the "people's tank" :lol::lol::lol:

PLEASE VOTE HERE!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Since you do not plan to hv any hood/ cover for your tank, make sure the fish you introduce do not have a high tendency to jump out fr your tanks!!! :P

U may wanna add a removable net to cover your overflow box to prevent any fishes from falling in there too!

Yupe... have to be careful with jumpers... only got 4" barrier :lol: Yes I will design a nice clear acrylic cover for my overflow box to also reduce noise :)

Oh I just notice... a braceless tank will look kinda odd with the back covered with coloured film ;) I will explore this further... see what's the best way :nc:

I got 9 colour schemes... dunno which one to go with... appreciate if you guys help vote... I'll probably let the reefers decide... since this new tank is the "people's tank" :lol::lol::lol:

PLEASE VOTE HERE!

Seems like there are 2 main favourites... come on guys... please help me decide :bow:

Just got a sms from my tank maker... advisable to have bracing... so sad... will try to relook at the design... see it there's a way to do without... I am also avoiding using thicker glass such as 15mm :o

• SRC Member

wah lau...get a Deltec Tank....its confirm braceless as promised by the..

ehh btw..prepare more than 20k.... for this hobby then...and lelong the rest of the lightings...and skimmer too...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

wah lau...get a Deltec Tank....its confirm braceless as promised by the..

ehh btw..prepare more than 20k.... for this hobby then...and lelong the rest of the lightings...and skimmer too...

Nah I am not into that Deltec tank... I've considered it before... couple of months back... was definitely taken aback by the hefty sum... but I don't think all the equipments inside are as good lor... if you are impressed by Deltec... you should check out Royal Exclusive custom tank... Deltec no fight :lol::lol::lol:

Bro Zorden... this is my source of inspiration :lol:

Royal Exclusive Tank Construction Division

Do u intend to chg the front panel to starphire glass instead of normal float glass?

I might... but if it is gonna cost me :nuke: then I will just go with normal float glass... this is just a tank for my office... don't think I should spend too much on it... perhaps start saving for my next MEGA project... surely SPS :lol::lol::lol:

After discussing with bro Lyz77, I've decided not to jeopardize the funding of entire project by getting a Red Dragon pump... I will be using back my existing Aquabee 3000 as I do not require too much water flowing into my sump anyway...

However, say after headloss left 2500l/h... do you think 5 times the tank volume an hour circulation is decent enough? I will have lots of current in the main tank anyway (2 x 6000 + 6060)... if I go for higher capacity return pump... the overflow box will create a lot of noise... and it can be irritating during office hour... the tank is less than 3 feet away from my seat ;)

What you guys think?

Bro Acidjazz, since you are such an expert in JBJ Arctica, the new placement for the Arctica is around 1.5m away from the tank, the piping will run horizontally mostly (so minimal headloss). What is the best pump rating you reckon? Most probably will get Aquabee... cos that's the best pump I can afford :)

Need you guys to vote also...

Background colour that best simulates Shallow Reef... as I will have valleys and so on... the backdrop will be quite exposed for at least the first few months (before coralline covers the glass panel)

Dark Blue

Light Blue

White

White (see thru to wall colour)

Black

:thanks:

post-34-1154357516.jpg

dun use oyama wallpaper. .

see through is good cuz it makes your tank look bigger than it is. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

dun use oyama wallpaper. .

see through is good cuz it makes your tank look bigger than it is. .

You do have a point there... since my wall is white... it will look... err... white? I was thinking dark blue actually... black looks like deep blue sea :lol:

Jervis, i dun think u sld spend $800-$1000 on a pump. Might as well use the money to get better equipments such as denitrator, chiller, skimmer etc.

If u dun mind spending $1000 on a pump, might as well fork out another $1500 for Bubble King. :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Jervis, i dun think u sld spend $800-$1000 on a pump. Might as well use the money to get better equipments such as denitrator, chiller, skimmer etc.

If u dun mind spending $1000 on a pump, might as well fork out another $1500 for Bubble King. :D

Haha... quite true... but so fast upgrade to BK... next time no room for improvement lah... I still have 30 more years to go hor :lol::lol::lol:

What you guys think? Colour Scheme 4 and 6 are the highest scored combinations...

I have to add a 6" hood (frame only) to cover the bracing... didn't know braceless tank costs so much more ;)

Vote for your favourite colour scheme HERE!!!

post-34-1154364468.jpg

• SRC Member

Haha... quite true... but so fast upgrade to BK... next time no room for improvement lah... I still have 30 more years to go hor :lol::lol::lol:

30 years? no offence bro, but think you would have moved on to another hobby in another 2 years, after you have hit the pinnacle of reefing.. at the rate you go! haha

30 years? no offence bro, but think you would have moved on to another hobby in another 2 years, after you have hit the pinnacle of reefing.. at the rate you go! haha

Don't be like that leh... there will never be a pinnacle in this hobby... you know what's my dream? To have a small swimming pool size tank filled with SPS where I can snorkle in... now that kinda dream will take a lifetime to achieve... definitely not within the next 2 years :lol:

Well... if I am bored, I can always tear down the tank and build a new one again... that's part of the fun also :P

• SRC Member
the new placement for the Arctica is around 1.5m away from the tank, the piping will run horizontally mostly (so minimal headloss). What is the best pump rating you reckon? Most probably will get Aquabee... cos that's the best pump I can afford  :)

U may wanna consider or factor in insulating the piping to the chiller and back if it's going to be too far away from the tank and depending on whether you're using PVC piping or normal tubing. I assume that the return from the chiller is going right back into the tank? If so, another aquabee 3000 or an Eheim 1262 should do the trick for the chiller. You could even consider higher rating pumps if the budget permits...remember that the articas can handle much higher flow rate than other chillers which ultimately decreases cooling time as well as increases operating efficiency (ie. electricity etc...)

my 2 cents.... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

U may wanna consider or factor in insulating the piping to the chiller and back if it's going to be too far away from the tank and depending on whether you're using PVC piping or normal tubing. I assume that the return from the chiller is going right back into the tank? If so, another aquabee 3000 or an Eheim 1262 should do the trick for the chiller. You could even consider higher rating pumps if the budget permits...remember that the articas can handle much higher flow rate than other chillers which ultimately decreases cooling time as well as increases operating efficiency (ie. electricity etc...)

my 2 cents.... ;)

Yes bro... I am considering pipe insulation also... will discuss with my tank maker in greater details on this issue...

As for return pump... I just gotten an offer from an another forum sponsor... offering me his used Red Dragon 6.5m3 to test... (please note that he is doing it out of goodwill, he doesn't carry this brand)... if I am happy with it (I don't see a reason why not actually :lol: ) I will get my tank maker to bring in a new piece to replace... I accepted the offer as I always believe is a extra-reliable return pump as it is the "heart" of the entire setup.

Now with super powerful 6500 l/hr of force... I might consider T-off to the chiller ---> main tank... will have to discuss with my tank maker the pros and cons for doing so... then I can free up my Aquabee UP3000 for my "reef flushing system" which will work hand-in-hand with Aquatronica.

So yes... I will incorporate a Red Dragon into my setup... that's a confirm plan :lol:

I guess the CR can wait ;)

This is for you!!!

Haha... thanks bro... this little guy is sub-$1000... I think I will have to sacrifice some other equipments already (for the time being) ;)