Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

Looks cool..

Are they avaliable locally? :):thanks:

Bro Giant, you referring to the ATI Twister M right? Yes, AquaMarin will be bringing in... price to be announced soon (I heard) :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Ok bro... this is the only pix I have before the construction of my tank :lol::lol::lol:

:o Wah, u so fast take the skimmer & 'twist & shout' <_< ...sigh, I no chance to see see touch touch leh & behold its beauty. :(:D;)

Wht's the depth of the SB u gonna have or u going for BB? U may wanna take note of this 2 determine your actua; tank depth!!!

Juz my 2 cemts.....!  ;)

I have not decided on the depth of the SB yet... how do you find your AquaMedic Hydrocarbonate floor bed? Probably too costly for me atm... gotto scale down my ambition a bit... or else it will never happen <_<

Will also work with Steve closely regarding every aspect... I go to him because I can communicate well with him... at least he listens... I know some LFS refuse to listen hor :( That's why there are so many standard looking/configured custom tanks out there... sorta downplay the true meaning of "custom" :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Heres a trick my friend taught me when setting up new tank, pour first grade of sand in and spread evenly then 2nd grade then sprinkle rowaphos on top evenly then cover with remaining grades of sand.

My friend's 5 footer have never had any algae growth since day 1 .....

Heres a trick my friend taught me when setting up new tank, pour first grade of sand in and spread evenly then 2nd grade then sprinkle rowaphos on top evenly then cover with remaining grades of sand.

My friend's 5 footer have never had any algae growth since day 1 .....

Wow... an extremely interesting method... only 1 question though... will that make my sand bed sprinkles with dark coloured dots? But it does sound logical... attacking the problem at its ROOTs... I will discuss this with Steve and see what's his response... I hope his response is not "Yes good... for your tank size you need 3 huge tubs of Rowaphos... ka ching $$$" :lol::lol::lol:

j/k... I am sure he is not like that :lol:

• SRC Member

aiyah then sprinkle lesser at the walls of the tank lor cant see liao wat, dont need 3 tubs lah, 4 footer at most use 2 tubs, about $90 each. Then u dont need to worry about algae during recycling as well as no need to spend more on FR dispensor.

Got a call from Tank Maker... he is already finalizing the design of the sump tank... also mentioned a "close loop design".... em... must do a bit more research on this already :)

closed loop likely using a check valve to break backflow and syphoning.

Yupe... and I think he is also recommending EOS :)

Wow... an extremely interesting method... only 1 question though... will that make my sand bed sprinkles with dark coloured dots? But it does sound logical... attacking the problem at its ROOTs... I will discuss this with Steve and see what's his response... I hope his response is not "Yes good... for your tank size you need 3 huge tubs of Rowaphos... ka ching $$$" :lol::lol::lol:

j/k... I am sure he is not like that :lol:

Hey , tats an interesting idea, do let us know if it works, the problem is , wont it leach P04 Back into the tank after a long period of time? :thanks:

Glossed sand bed? Emm... I think I'll stick to conventional sand bed for the time being... maybe 2 to 3 inches deep :)

I remember sm reefer even tried using glass chip as SB!!!

Haha... thanks guys for all the exotic suggestions ;) I think I'll go with either

1) Cheapo sand bed (Grade 1 & 2)

2) Live Aragonite

Or a mixture of both :lol: Let me consult my tank maker first... I entrusted him with the design and I do not want to spoil the design by wanting this wanting that... I'm a designer and I understand how clients destroy design once they get involved too much :lol:

Perhaps I should show some inspiration pix to the tank maker so that he can build a tank that can help me achieve my dream tank :lol:

It should look something like this... in 1 year time :lol:

Courtesy of Aquarium Design Group

post-34-1154189736.jpg

wah seh.. :bow::bow::bow:

Haha... aim for the sky... even if you can't reach in the end... you will still end up higher than the rest... emm... sound very familiar leh... I think I heard this when I was doing some Insurance blah blah 10 years ago :lol::lol::lol: (oops revealed my age)