jervismun

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes 2 by 2 is great..can target feed easily

True... I have relatively short arms lah... and I don't wear singlets to work :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh in office. No wonder never heard u mention abt approval from CFO.

Yes... that's the great thing about having this Office Paradiz... and now can have public viewing during the weekends too... just tell CFO... "Honey... gotto work this weekend" :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Space constraint... I have to remove an office cabinet to accomodate this tank leh... if only... :( I guess a 4.5' for the time being is good enough lah... 6' is reserved for my future SPS tank :lol:

6 feet SPS :whistle Bro, the future is now!!!! :lol::lol::P

6 feet SPS :whistle Bro, the future is now!!!! :lol::lol::P

Haha... bro the future is 1 year from now... perhaps beginning of next year... we'll see... see how happy is my CFO after our 2006 White Christmas in London :lol::lol::lol:

Must "sapu" my best lor... Harrod's lah... Harvey Nichols lah... Burberry's lah... Marks & Spencer lah... Queen Elizabeth II lah :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Haha... bro the future is 1 year from now... perhaps beginning of next year... we'll see... see how happy is my CFO after our 2006 White Christmas in London :lol::lol::lol:

Must "sapu" my best lor... Harrod's lah... Harvey Nichols lah... Burberry's lah... Marks & Spencer lah... Queen Elizabeth II lah :lol::lol::lol:

Can tahan wait for half a year meh? Later think and think then cannot sleep :wacko::lol::lol:

Looking forward to your 6 footer, by then with your experience, I think it's going to be dam dam nice!! :lol::lol:

Btw, your home setup abit like mine oso, but mine not so hiong :lol: !!!! MCE 600, solid ar!! :eyebrow::lol::P

Can tahan wait for half a year meh? Later think and think then cannot sleep :wacko::lol::lol:

Looking forward to your 6 footer, by then with your experience, I think it's going to be dam dam nice!! :lol::lol:

Btw, your home setup abit like mine oso, but mine not so hiong :lol: !!!! MCE 600, solid ar!! :eyebrow::lol::P

Can "tahan" lah... got Office Paradiz to keep me busy mah... also part of the plan so that I can transfer my fishes and LPS over to give way to future project... nah I still have so much more learn... barely grasping the Magnesium/Calcium/Carbonate relationship :lol::lol::lol:

Yes MCE600 is pretty impressive for its size... definitely sufficient for 3ft (below 100 US Gal) :)

Wow roughly calculated my tank volume... around 165 to 185 US Gallons!!! Almost 3 times my Percula 90 :lol::lol::lol: So exciting!!!

Wow roughly calculated my tank volume... around 165 to 185 US Gallons!!! Almost 3 times my Percula 90 :lol::lol::lol: So exciting!!!

i just did a calculation for you. . its only 134 US gallons.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Can "tahan" lah... got Office Paradiz to keep me busy mah... also part of the plan so that I can transfer my fishes and LPS over to give way to future project... nah I still have so much more learn... barely grasping the Magnesium/Calcium/Carbonate relationship :lol::lol::lol:

Yes MCE600 is pretty impressive for its size... definitely sufficient for 3ft (below 100 US Gal) :)

That's a good strategy :) if not will be :wacko: thinking of how to transfer ur LS!!

By another year or so, i think can confer you a honorary degree, BS(Captive Marine) :lol::lol:

I heard of people running MCE600 on his 5 footer and the guy say "No problems leh!" :ph34r: But he recently upgraded to a bigger skimmer liao, also deltec! :lol:

i just did a calculation for you. . its only 134 US gallons.

Bro you forgot to add my huge sump below :lol:

Here's an initial design of my Office Tank... will continue to work with my tank maker in the detailing... but I want (and insist) to have sliding glass door so that I can show-off all my beautiful equipments inside :lol:

The disadvantage of having sliding doors is it cannot be fully opened (100%) like normal doors, most 50% at any given time. But I guess it's alright for me. I may also frost some part of the glass (perhaps the bottom part of the sump)

The exterior is laminate semi-gloss white and the inside of the cabinet is black :fear: I think glass and acrylic looks better on a black environment and I might play with lighting (possibly halogen) to really bring out the sump cabinet... imagine... a low wattage halogen shine on top of my ATI Twister M :lol::lol::lol:

What you guys think? :heh:

post-34-1154058949.jpg

• SRC Member

Just make sure theres sufficient space to work with inside the sump cabinet. Since u using sliding doors that means u cant make any racks on the doors to store misc stuff.

Sump tank not exactly pretty sight so i dont think u need spot lights in there lah, flourescent tube can liao so bright enuff to see everything as well as serve refugarium purpose if growing algae plants or harvesting stuff. If the skimmer is the highlight u wanna show then try to mount it outside the tank with a custom made stand lor.

What u must make absolutely sure is a failsafe powerfailure sump overflow system. Some ppl use check valves to brk syphon some use H20 lvl sensors(useless in powerfailures unless u got APS hooked up) . Do some research on this, generally good tank makers come with some sort of anti-sump overflow system.

Lastly, u r having quite a big tank in the office so changing water might be a problem, extra plumbing from a water source to ur tank thats hidden would be good if possible.

kk i dont talk so much liao wait u say me kpo hehe ..... have fun bro~ :fear:

kk i dont talk so much liao wait u say me kpo hehe ..... have fun bro~ :fear:

Comment and ideas are very much appreciated. Will check with my tank maker regarding anti-sump overflow concept. I'm sure they will have something workable for me.

Hehe... I dunno leh, I believe my sump can be a pretty sight... they are all my pride and joy :lol: I have plenty of space for storage in my office, so no need to hang anything on the door. I also need to find space to nicely integrate my Aquatronica Control Unit (or even frame a 14" LCD monitor somewhere)... I don't want to have conventional fluorescent tube... I want ambience lighting inside the sump... will check with tank maker can do or not... if can't I will bring in my lighting contractor.

Yes, quite large for an office, hiding behind my desk... I've discussed this with my tank maker, we will have water draining (via overflow box) and water top-up all built-in (neatly). Also, I will introduce a flushing system to flush off hidden detritus behind live rock and sand bed once every day... a nice feature I learned from Deltec tank design.

So much more to add in... will do a proper review on my tank design alone :lol::lol::lol: but the problem is... no cost indication yet... "sekali" :nuke: ... then have to cut down on features already lor :(

I'm also exploring this idea of going bare bottom... hahaha... what you guys think? Don't intend to keep Gobies, Wrasses and Blennies... no Pistol Shrimp also... :unsure:

• SRC Member

Bare bottom is good idea but make sure zero mantis shrimps in the LR, they will create rock dust which is unsightly. Cos i take into acct u'd be getting more LR in addition to those u transfering. Also make sure the underside of the tank's glass bottom u dont use white styrofoam, very ugly unless ur glass is tinted black. :upsidedown:

Bare bottom is good idea but make sure zero mantis shrimps in the LR, they will create rock dust which is unsightly. Cos i take into acct u'd be getting more LR in addition to those u transfering. Also make sure the underside of the tank's glass bottom u dont use white styrofoam, very ugly unless ur glass is tinted black. :upsidedown:

Yalah... can be very ugly and unnatural in the end... the tank will surely look more natural with substrate... what are the options out there?

1) Grade 1 to 2 sand

2) Live Aragonite - very expensive to fill

3) AquaMedic Hydrocarbonate - very expensive also

Most probably go with normal sand lor... all my allocated fund already go to the tank and the ATI Twister M :(

Bro Jervis,

where is your office? can start planning fastest route to your office for relaxation viewing during lunch time when your tank is up and running...hehehe

My office is at Mohamed Sultan Road (a few shops away from Madam Wong)... yalor at least I can invite fellow reefers over to office for viewing and chit chat on weekends mah... right now my CFO not very happy me inviting "guys" over lah... :bow: for those keen bros I rejected before :bow:

Calculated... total water volume including a 3ft sump is approx. 635 Liters / 165 US gallons... the ATI Twister M can support up to 1000 Liters... so you guys think this guy can handle the tank load?

how come still no pic?? :P

Ok bro... this is the only pix I have before the construction of my tank :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1154086247.jpg

• SRC Member

hi there jervis,

have you seen that "faux sand bed" thread on RC? its been quite a while since it began, and there should be plenty of result pics by now. quite cool idea i think, using resins to glue down sand such that you can have the flow conditions of a BB whilst having the look of a sandbed.

have you reserved the tunze nanos yet? i cant wait to see them man!

hi there jervis,

have you seen that "faux sand bed" thread on RC? its been quite a while since it began, and there should be plenty of result pics by now. quite cool idea i think, using resins to glue down sand such that you can have the flow conditions of a BB whilst having the look of a sandbed.

Looks cool..

Are they avaliable locally? :):thanks: