Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

• SRC Member
True... a change in routine and a big courageous step... but the main objective for me setting up this office tank is to transfer all my LS from home... continue keeping them... so that I can decom my home tank (make way for future SPS tank... at home)  :lol: 

We'll see how, if everything turns out well, I shall add my first piece of SPS within 2 to 3 months  :)

If u wanna try out the SPS, I can try to frag one piece for u! Oni specially for u hor!!! :lol:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If u wanna try out the SPS, I can try to frag one piece for u! Oni specially for u hor!!! :lol:

Wah so touching leh... I will take the offer... but before that you must help me get my new tank ready for SPS... help setting up a CR for example :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Wah so touching leh... I will take the offer... but before that you must help me get my new tank ready for SPS... help setting up a CR for example :lol:

I'm inexperience in CR too! But can try lah and it may take days or even weeks to fine tune the CR to the correct flow to maintain your tank CA intake! ;)

I'm inexperience in CR too! But can try lah and it may take days or even weeks to fine tune the CR to the correct flow to maintain your tank CA intake! ;)

Yes I know it can be complicated... especially if we are to continuously add new frags to the system... but hey... isn't that part of the fun? :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Sorry me post here for ya to see, this is wat i wanna get. Dunno how to post pics in pm hehe. Dunno need Co2 to help it react or not leh ..

Wah Deltec leh... don't play-play :lol:

Extracted from RD (copied from Deltec's Website):

The Deltec NF 509 Sulphur Nitrate Filter is a biological filters in which special bacteria (thiobacillus denitrificans) remove nitrate from the aquaria water. The time span for proper functioning can be rather long. After the running-in period, maintenance (apart form checking the exact water flow) is simple.

The water coming out of the Deltec NF 509 Sulphur Nitrate Filter will have a low pH value and should be lead through a container with ROWA®lith C or similar. For better performance the NF 509 can be fitted with a circulation pump.

From the above description, CO2 is not needed (unlike Calcium Reactor) but the discharge will have a low pH. You need to find ways to fix buffer up the pH... Deltec recommended ROWAlith C (same media for Calcium Reactor)... which can be a perfect combination actually as ROWAlith C will help you to raise your pH, release Calcium, buffer KH. Do check with RD if the same chamber can be filled with say 1/4 of Rowalith C on the top portion.

As for the recommended circulation pump... I have no idea how to achieve this... I think it is something similar to a FR/CR in concept. To stir the media inside the chamber to avoid settling too much.

Have fun with this new toy... :)

Aiyo sound like solve one problem create another like that this product .. btw the damn thing looks more like a resun FR like that LOL  :lol:  :P

Haha... that's why I chose a Bioballs solution instead... but since you already bought it... make it to good use lah. But you can do it slowly really... since your NO3 is below 5, there's no need to fire it up yet unless you want to bring your NO3 down to an undetectable level, read more about this product... or follow bro Acidjazz's tank thread as he will start his Sulphur Denitrator tonight. I'm sure he will touch on the "low pH" issue.

Always remember, Sulphur itself is poisonous and excess level of Sulphur in the tank can wipe out your entire LS... haha now I'm really scaring you :lol::lol::lol:

no lah i have not bot it, planning to thats all. The pic is from the seller.

Oh... if that's the case may I suggest the following:

1) Use the allocated budget to upgrade your protein skimmer. You mentioned Deltec AP600 in your PM, that's a really nice protein skimmer for your setup... I will say easily 3 times more effective than your current one.

2) Since your current NO3 (less than 5) is within acceptable range, do expect the Deltec AP600 to bring it down to a much lower level.

Although a Denitrator is a good to have... but I see an efficient skimmer bringing more benefits to the entire setup.

Simply put, what you are planning to do is to use a Deltec Denitrator to clean up the mess left by your current protein skimmer... doesn't makes much sense to me :o

Of course, the best is to have both :lol:

Get ready your CO2 tank and regulator!!!  :evil:

Err bro... my tank has not even been made yet ;)

But I have already bought some cleaning crew in advance :lol::lol::lol: Will continue to stock (cleaning crew only lah)... getting ready for the big day :o

post-34-1155058684.jpg

haven make can still get the equipment one.

all standby, then when the tank comes, tada! you can start running it already..

Nah... will not start running immediately... I still have so much to finalize... will take this slow and steady.

Just received a confirmation from my tank maker... 4 x 2 x 2 main tank with external overflow box... 5ft cabinet with extra large sump... I guess my tank is looking more and more standard :lol:

hehe ur super sun open up le :off:

Oh man... you finally did it!!! Wow... 3 weeks of nurturing... keep it up bro :yeah:

Just came back from tank maker's shop... everything finalized (except for some equipments)... the tank maker will do a final revision to the design of the sump and will update me this weekend... so I am expecting the tank to be delivered to my office in 2 weeks time :lol:

Here are some rough specifications:

Main tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (2 sided views) with external overflow box

Cabinet: 5' with hood and door for overflow compartment

Sump tank: Around 4' (design in progress)

Colour scheme: Glossy white and brushed aluminium laminate

Will update you guys once the sump design is finalized :)

AM agreed to upgrade my ATI Twister®M to ATI Bubble Master... I opt for a larger model coz my tank is getting bigger and bigger (originally 2.5' by 2' by 1.5') :P The Bubble Master is already on its way... will arrive this coming Monday :heh:

• SRC Member

Get a 6ft cabinet. Mine is the same as yours but with a 6ft cabinet. Just added live rock yesterday. I am using a 3ft sump. On one side of the cabinet, it is cramped with a kalkwasser reactor, a calcium reactor, a skimmer and a co2 tank. I will squeeze a no3 reactor in that space. The other side will hold the Tunze driver box, a fresh water top up reservoir and some other knick knack.

Get a 6ft cabinet. Mine is the same as yours but with a 6ft cabinet. Just added live rock yesterday. I am using a 3ft sump. On one side of the cabinet, it is cramped with a kalkwasser reactor, a calcium reactor, a skimmer and a co2 tank. I will squeeze a no3 reactor in that space. The other side will hold the Tunze driver box, a fresh water top up reservoir and some other knick knack.

Can't... even the 5ft might already have problem bringing up 4 levels (via narrow staircases) to my office :( That's why I separated the chiller cabinet... to save up space and to really separate the hot air from the sump cabinet :)

My Tunze driver boxed (3), Multicontroller 7095, Aquatronica & etc. will be fixed on the overflow compartment cabinet (1 ft wide) B) With an opening to display the Aquatronica Control Unit :)

hmm. . . not bad. . thought ur skimmer wun be arriving so soon. . . or u taking the one at AM now?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

hmm. . . not bad. . thought ur skimmer wun be arriving so soon. . . or u taking the one at AM now?

Nope they DHL a piece over for me :lol:

means another aqua tronica!!!!!!??????

Bro... didn't you know I'm decomming my Percula 90? Siao meh? Another set of Aquatronica... :lol::lol::lol:

Nope they DHL a piece over for me :lol:

wah u champion la. . . :lol:

special delivery. . kk waiting for ur review.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

wah u champion la. . . :lol:

special delivery. . kk waiting for ur review.

No lah... just that AM got some urgent delivery from ATI, so "tumpang" my Bubble Master also lor :P I can't afford to pay the DHL charges hor :rolleyes: Even then also no use lah... the tank will only be ready in 2 weeks time... will only be able to power it up end of the month :(

My baby Sea Urchin is settling well... also bought another 10 baby Turbo Snails today... getting the crew ready for the new tank :lol:

post-34-1155226413.jpg