Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

Hope this helps.

PFO Lighting is proud to introduce the Solaris LED Illumination System. The Solaris is the first LED System designed to replace Metal Halide and Fluorescent lighting for the Aquarium Reef Tanks. It has been in development for over two years. It will change the way Aquarists light their tanks from now and into the future.

The current design produces PAR light output levels equal to a 250W MH 20K. It uses 40% less energy than the Metal Halide Fixtures it replaces. The life of the LED's is 50,000 hours, so it almost eliminates metal halide and fluorescent bulb replacements. All heat is radiated up and away from the tank Therefore, it does not heat the water like Metal Halides or Fluorescents. This eliminates the need for Chillers. The room air conditioner needs to work 1/2 as much since the light fixture produces only half the heat of Metal Halides which saves even more energy over traditional lighting methods.

There is a built in microprocessor that controls the Solaris. This not only eliminates timers, but it allows the unit to dim the actinic blue LEDs, white LEDs, Lunar actinic blue LEDs and Lunar White LEDS independently from 0-100%. This dimming capability opens many opportunities. The light can be adjusted from 6.5K to 22K, or anywhere in between, to set the ideal color temperature. Sunrise, Daylight, Cloud Cover, Sunset, and the lunar cycle, can all be set independently.

Coral Growth has been outstanding with the new lights. There is excellent water penetration of the light. Many authors have been testing the units since early May and will be printing their results shortly.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can foresee you guys spending hours at my office :lol::lol::lol: I better start stocking beers and popcorns :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I can foresee you guys spending hours at my office :lol::lol::lol: I better start stocking beers and popcorns :P

Wine & champagne please. . thank you.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Oh yeah... you guys are too much lor... ok decided to downgrade... COKE only :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh yeah... you guys are too much lor... ok decided to downgrade... COKE only :lol:

Whisky coke please. . .

No housepour, only chivas regal.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Whisky coke please. . .

No housepour, only chivas regal.

So if Jervis is gonna provide the whisky....i take it Paul, u'll provide the women eh? ;)

If so...count me in...ahaha :yeah::lol::lol:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

So if Jervis is gonna provide the whisky....i take it Paul, u'll provide the women eh? ;)

If so...count me in...ahaha :yeah::lol::lol:

Err... am I suppose to collect cover charges? :lol:

• SRC Member

Err... am I suppose to collect cover charges? :lol:

I can do that for you....On two conditions.

1. My entry's free

2. I have one of Paul's female friends to "assist" me.... :lol::lol::lol:

can this silly thread get any more :off::lol::lol::lol:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

This silly thread is going offline in a week time anyway... so POUR OUT YOUR JUICES :lol::lol::lol:

With all the babes around... you think you guys still want to look at my tank? ;)

• SRC Member
This silly thread is going offline in a week time anyway... so POUR OUT YOUR JUICES :lol::lol::lol:

With all the babes around... you think you guys still want to look at my tank? ;)

U mean u seriously believed that we were coming over to see ur tank? Didn't u notice how response changed when u mentioned booze...and i mentioned women?

:lol::lol::lol:

southpaw23's reef

Yes I am serious bro, there is so much we can learn together and my current home tank is very sad, cannot have visitors. I've turned down so many brothers interested in coming over to look at the Percula 90. Well... I don't expect everyone lah... but I'm sure there will be serious reefers that will see beyong alcohol and babes :)

So I suppose I can count you out? :lol:

• SRC Member
Yes I am serious bro, there is so much we can learn together and my current home tank is very sad, cannot have visitors. I've turned down so many brothers interested in coming over to look at the Percula 90. Well... I don't expect everyone lah... but I'm sure there will be serious reefers that will see beyong alcohol and babes :)

So I suppose I can count you out? :lol:

U misunderstood me....the "attempted" sarcasm was directed at the objectives of coming over...as in for d booze and women as opposed to the tank....get it? :lol::lol:

I understand your serious objectives of learning and sharing...just looks like the joke didn't fall through... :P

southpaw23's reef

Oh bro... yes I misunderstood you... :bow:

But seriously, I don't think I can provide so much leh... I think you guys just have to come over without expecting alcohol and women... just corals, fishes and equipments :lol:

Do not want to dilute this hobby :heh:

• SRC Member

i don't think anyone took the booze and women seriously...and if they did...it would be hillarious to see someone show up at ur office with a bottle of beer and go...."Where's all the women??" :lol: :lol: :lol:

southpaw23's reef

haha .. 1 night i never see this thread and it got super crazy ...

if want women .. female fish specimens can replace...

if want booze.. jervis' fav skimmate oso can ! hahaha

Hehe... I believe the ATI Bubble Master 250 can produce all the skimmate :sick::sick::sick: But don't expect it to be immediate... as this tank will be geared towards full SPS, I will limit the number and size of fishes... damn those Tangs and Perculas grow too fast :D

I want to start the tank with very minimal feeding... keeping it sustainable for the initial half a year... while I struggle to learn more on SPS keeping and advanced reef keeping :)

That's why I can't transfer my Blue Tang and Chevron Tang over from my old tank... they are real bombers :o Even more scary with my Tunzes... the bombs will dissolve in mid air (before reaching the floor bed) :lol::lol::lol:

Actually it is a good thing when it comes to filtration system... just not a very pretty sight :sick:

i don't think anyone took the booze and women seriously...and if they did...it would be hillarious to see someone show up at ur office with a bottle of beer and go...."Where's all the women??" :lol: :lol: :lol:

True... and also dun wan to stop SIS from coming over also... we need to create a more SIS-friendly environment for this hobby :lol:

• SRC Member

Jervis's skimmate... drink already sure high one... better than any hard liquor you can find outside.. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, I will surely make my way down to Jervis's office to view the new setup. Sure can learn lots of new knowledge from there. :eyebrow:

Anyway, I will surely make my way down to Jervis's office to view the new setup. Sure can learn lots of new knowledge from there. :eyebrow:

Thanks bro... I just want this new tank to be more social... feeling real bad coz my current tank makes me very anti-social... like I've got something to hide... ;) Hehe... we shall discover the hobby together.

1 thing I still believe... knowledge comes from the willingness to learn and explore... and spending large amount of money doesn't equals to knowledge or a successful reef... just higher chances of succeeding :) It can still fail :lol:

Interesting... PLS TAKE IT WITH A PINCH OF SALT :lol:

http://www.theculturedreef.com/pfo.htm

According to the author:

The above picture is quick reading of PAR. I was hoping to have Sanjay Joshi or some other author publish data, however it appears this may be awhile. I expect to have PAR readings in a tank soon.

The Solaris reads 178 PAR vs 133 PAR for the 250W Radium Bulb.

post-34-1155885183.jpg

Lovely :wub:

post-34-1155886635.jpg

wow ... it looks good ... put the price tag ... hahahahahahaha :ph34r: when u buy tell me ... i might go over at 3 am ... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Haha... price tag can check at their official website (alongside a lot of technical information).

www.solarisled.com

I have yet to receive final confirmation from the distributor. Coz if they can't bring it in on time for me... then no point of having it. Furthermore, I need to get more info on after sales service (if any) ;) Keeping my fingers crossed... I am very excited by this product... hopefully can see it with my own eyes.

Bro don't come at 3am (nothing much will happen, only moonlight). Come around early evening... you will see light changing every 30 minutes or so :D

Very sad... Solaris will not be available on time for my tank... the demand in the US is so high there's no definite confirmation from the manufacturer... so far I've only gotten "probably by next month if not longer" :angry:

I've decided to use back my ATI Powermodul T5 for the time being (at lease during the initial stage) and wait for the Solaris to hit our shores before ordering it.

On the other hand, can also explore ATI's Dimmable T5 using Aquatronica. Probably the Aquatronica Dimmer Module will arrive Singapore way before Solaris. So will update you guys on this... boy I miss the shimmering effect so much :lol: