Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

Hi guys

Finally made up my mind... gonna be a custom-built tank... nothing grand just a small tank sufficient to keep me busy during working hours :lol:

Most probably will go with FOWLR setup and Pygmy Seahorses in refugium...

Tank specifications (most probably):

Aquarium

• 2.5' by 2' by 2' (approx. 70 US Gallons) with sump 26" by 18" by 20" (approx. 25 US Gallons)

• 8mm thick glass with black silicone - main tank

• 6mm thick glass - sump

• Overflow box with pre-filtration / pipework for silent operation

Cabinet

• Wooden construction with laminate finish - still deciding on colour scheme

• Sliding acrylic door - to allow 100% see thru

• Ventilation louvres/holes

• Built-in lighting - most probably PL or fluorescent tube

• Integrated power bars - at least 6 sockets

Sump

• Glass sump with dividers according to equipment needs

• Large refugium with dedicated lighting

• Live Aragonite

Return Pump

• To be confirmed

Equipment Options

• Tunze Reefpack 500 (backup Skimmer, Mechanical Filter and Top-up System) - 7 US Gallons Freshwater container to be placed outside the cabinet

• Needlewheel Skimmer - to be confirmed

• 2 FR (activated carbon & phosphate remover) T-off from skimmer outlet - pump to be confirmed

Lighting

• Still deciding - most probably T5... ATI rocks!!!

• Aqua Medic Light Computer

What you guys think? This is my first proper setup (with sump) and hopefully the design is simple enough so that I don't have to invest too much on this tank...

Appreciate comments from you guys :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are some of the items in my storeroom right now:

1) Tunze Reefpack 500

2) Sicce Multi 2500

3) Sicce Multi 800

4) Aqua Medic Light Computer

5) Aqua Medic Phosphat Filter

6) Tonnes of Fish Food

Hopefully I can make good use of all the existing equipments :lol:

Will also invest in phases (arranged according to importance):

1) Tank set

2) Protein Skimmer

3) Lighting*

4) FR*

* Come in later... after cycling period

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Wow.... U r really addicted to this hobby!!! :lol:

I know... please help me :heh: What to do... this hobby is so so addictive... more addictive than World of Warcraft when they first launched :lol:

SRC would be more dull without all ur input .

see ya later.

ur plans are always so exciting haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

SRC would be more dull without all ur input .

see ya later.

ur plans are always so exciting haha

Haha... yes more exciting coz I dare to try new stuff mah... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

thats cos you can afford to be daring to try out new things mah. we are most of the time more careful with our limited depth pockets. haha....

and very soon he will buy over the whole UWW. haha

quick quick get the tank set up!

• SRC Member

wanna help me to get rid of my brand new Tunze Osmolator? :P hv not touched water leh.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

and very soon he will buy over the whole UWW. haha

Err... I still dunno what's UWW... r u guys referring to the Underwater World? Haha... it belongs to Haw Par Corporation ;)

Since its an office set up, who is going to issue the PO? U or the boss?

Haha... let me see... both will issue PO :lol:

wanna help me to get rid of my brand new Tunze Osmolator? :P hv not touched water leh.

I will reuse back my Tunze Reefpack... so it comes with Osmolator already :)

Just had a long chat with my Tank Maker... gonna be a nice setup for sure... colour wise... I've chosen

WHITE (Semi-gloss) outside / BLACK (Matte) inside :lol::lol::lol:

Revealing my protein skimmer... :lol: (err... a protein skimmer I plan to buy... to be exact ;) )

Am I the first in Singapore to run this guy? :shock:

post-34-1153917980.jpg

Wah, mini BubbleKing! Or is it the new ATI skimmer? :o

Haha... can't afford a Bubble King for sure :lol:

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
Revealing my protein skimmer... :lol: (err... a protein skimmer I plan to buy... to be exact ;) )

Am I the first in Singapore to run this guy? :shock:

ATI protein skimmer! At 1st look, I thought it's bubble king too! :lol:

Wow... so many of you are actually aware of the ATI Bubble Master... unfortunately mine will be the Bubble Baby :lol:

post-34-1153921855.jpg

Yoz bro, interested to buy a set of Hydor FLO Rotating Water Deflector for your office tank. It produces an excellent water wave effect.

Hurry while stocks last.

Thanks for the offer bro... I will be using Tunzes for wavemaking :)

• SRC Member
Wow... so many of you are actually aware of the ATI Bubble Master... unfortunately mine will be the Bubble Baby :lol:

i always love to see ur new toys... :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

bro, can share how much is the skimmer?

I dunno yet... I was only given this indication from LFS "don't worry lah... not going to be very expensive lah..." so I said "ok lor... if not expensive then I don't mind trying lor..." :lol::lol::lol:

Expect the price to be out next week... but if you go to German site... this Baby ATI is selling at around Euro 399.00

haha... finally u revealed ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10