Tunze DOC Skimmer - 9005

Sapp

Finally... a Tunze review... err is this not a review? :unsure:

I used a Tunze Reefpack 500 before (for my 24G Nano Cube). The Reefpack consists of a few components and DOC Skimmer 9005 is one of them.

IMHO, it's up to your stocking pattern really, if you intend to go full reef with heavy stocking on both corals and fishes... or if you have a passion for large Angels and Tangs... I'll strongly suggest you go for something more powerful (since you have all the space in your sump to really play around)... not saying that the Tunze DOC 9005 is not good... it's just not efficient enough compared to some newer technologies out there... with that price range, you can also consider mini Deltec and Aqua Medic.

All the best to you...

p/s: It will be a lot more helpful for you to let us know how big is your tank/sump and what do you intend to keep.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Thanks Jervismun.

Currently running a 2ft X 1.5ft X 2ft tank. Sump is only 18" X 14" X 15". Have a space constrain on the height of the eq. to be put in the sump cos my cabinet is kinda short (~20"). Work around is to get eq. that can be place out of sump but need to do some DIY. What skimmer would you recommend? Budget say ard 400 to 500 max.... :thanks:

wallet will go on strike after this buy..... :pinch:

Emm... with you $400 to $500 budget... can only get a new mini hang-on Deltec... the freestanding out-sump model is at least $750 ;) ... so Deltec is out...

I think if you don't mind second-hand, you can get even a HnS skimmer :lol:

Try the Pasar Malam section first... or else your can't get much with your budget... coz it's neither here nor there... sorta stuck right in between :P

Can consider Aqua Medic Turboflotor too... I think there are brothers selling :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica