WTB: Good second hand skimmer

Doesn't matter... your choice is limitless :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

bro jerv, which skimmer second hand will u proposed, take in consideration, i dont really want to always fine tune the skimmer... and also if the pump spoilts, i want a skimmer that i just change the pump not the skimmer

thanks bro

• SRC Member
bro jerv, which skimmer second hand will u proposed, take in consideration, i dont really want to always fine tune the skimmer... and also if the pump spoilts, i want a skimmer that i just change the pump not the skimmer

thanks bro

Hi,

The Aqua Medic Turboflotor Multi SL can be in-sump or out. It is a needle wheel so if spolit, only need to change the pump.

• SRC Member

Hi,

The Aqua Medic Turboflotor Multi SL can be in-sump or out. It is a needle wheel so if spolit, only need to change the pump.

To use the AM Turboflotor Multi SL out of sump, need a more powerful to drive the skimmer rite since there may be some head loss due to the distance of the skimmer and the pump!

Juz my 2 cents! ;)

• SRC Member

To use the AM Turboflotor Multi SL out of sump, need a more powerful to drive the skimmer rite since there may be some head loss due to the distance of the skimmer and the pump!

Juz my 2 cents! ;)

Pai say, a bit :off:

eh... when out-sump, it is for the skimmer to be located beside the sump, with only the pump inside, so u can utilise the space within the sump for other stuff.

HnS models requires 2 pumps, one to feed water into the skimmer, the other to create bubbles. Thus the choice of pump to feed water into the skimmer will depend on how far away you plan to place the skimmer away from the sump. :D

Thus for this model, out-sump is to place it beside the sump, not for it to be far away. :P

post-10-1153115336.jpg

• SRC Member

hi there bro chrislzh,

i am using a H&S 850L needewheel just like the one youre considering, and its honestly been the best skimmer ive had all these years. Far quiter and consumes far less energy than my beckett, and its easy to maintain as you just have to tune it once, and it skims consistently thereafter. its also able to skim really wet without going crazy and overflowing like some other skimmers so that you can tune it for wet skimmate without worrying bout it unduly overflowing.

actually, the schuran is pretty good too, but between them, i prefer the H&S.

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member

no experience with any of the particular brands mentiooned but hv used venturi & needlewheel and imo needlewheel is much better

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :