250G 6x2.5x2.5ft Reef Project

acidjazz

Nice bro... very professionally put together... that thin layer on top is Rowalith C right? What's your current NO3 level? Must keep track lar :)

hey bro, i am using the ARM media. Denitrator fixed up with the help of iceman, owe him for that.

Anyway it will take 2-4 weeks before the denitrator work. . so at the mean time i havent get a test kit yet.

u have to include the denitrator in ur next set up man.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the amount of ARM used sufficient to bring up the pH?

I normally see pple using the same proportion of sulphur beads and Calcium media for their denitrator system. Pls advise!!! :thanks:

tt's a pretty gd question. . which i can't answer. . so far most people only put a layer of ARM in the denitrator to give a slight boost to the ph. Are there other reefers who fill half the denitrator with sulphur beads and half with ARM?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

tt's a pretty gd question. . which i can't answer. . so far most people only put a layer of ARM in the denitrator to give a slight boost to the ph. Are there other reefers who fill half the denitrator with sulphur beads and half with ARM?

Base on sm of the review of denitrator user, i do see some hving two separate reactors as one being fill with sulphur beads whereas the later is fill with calcium media!

Looking at the attached pics from AquaMedic, seems like the media proporation is the same! ;)

schwefelnitratreductor400.jpg

u have to include the denitrator in ur next set up man.

I am running a Denitrator :lol: Will transfer over to the new tank :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Lyz77... I have one question. If there are such high proportion of Calcium media inside the chamber and the low pH from the Sulphur beads will dissolve the calcium media right? Then... it is in fact a Calcium Reactor in action :lol::lol::lol: Coz it does look like 2-in-1 to me... just that this is not controllable like a CR ;)

Which means... :idea:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Lyz77... I have one question. If there are such high proportion of Calcium media inside the chamber and the low pH from the Sulphur beads will dissolve the calcium media right? Then... it is in fact a Calcium Reactor in action :lol::lol::lol: Coz it does look like 2-in-1 to me... just that this is not controllable like a CR ;)

Which means... :idea:

lol. . i don't it will work as well as a proper calcium reactor.

In fact, Aquamedic's previous denitrator had two chambers, one for the calcium media alone and one for the sulphur beads. If u ask me, i really dunno how it works. I am a first time user for denitrator, have to ask the other reefers here on the proper use and proportion of sulphur beads to ARM.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Thinking of getting IKS. :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Thinking of getting IKS. :D

Yes... I think that will help you manage your tank better since you need to get the Water Top-up anyway :) But other than that... can't see much purpose leh... you don't need the Temperature probe (no chiller), pH maybe (no CR), Salinity not critical, Redox not necessary, SIMMOD not crucial for FOWLR, Wavemaker not needed (not possible with your uncontrollable Streams)...

Wah, if you wanna make good use of the IKS, you need to relook at your entire setup leh :blink:

I think smone is selling the IKS module! U may wanna do a search! ;)

Bro DY8 is selling, seen the unit, pretty well preserved. I think there's another reefer (with plenty of modules) selling only as a package with his gigantic tank.

Yes... I think that will help you manage your tank better since you need to get the Water Top-up anyway :) But other than that... can't see much purpose leh... you don't need the Temperature probe (no chiller), pH maybe (no CR), Salinity not critical, Redox not necessary, SIMMOD not crucial for FOWLR, Wavemaker not needed (not possible with your uncontrollable Streams)...

Wah, if you wanna make good use of the IKS, you need to relook at your entire setup leh :blink:

i was just thinking about it. But you are right, i sldnt spend such unnecessary money.

The protein skimmer will be my final upgrade. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i was just thinking about it. But you are right, i sldnt spend such unnecessary money.

The protein skimmer will be my final upgrade.  :)

Bro, not stopping you to spend money lah... but we must learn to keep focus mah... we are the same kind... always the best! But if we don't keep focus, we will end up either in financial crisis or end up buying the wrong equipments (often compromises)... which we will regret and sell within a month if not weeks :)

And yes, looking at your setup... you really need a proper Protein Skimmer... a skimmer that you are proud of... and no compromise this time :P

i shall stop thinking of buying new equipments and upgrading. What i have now is serving me perfectly well.

Anyway skimmer coming in a day or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Anyway skimmer coming in a day or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Can't wait bro... :lol:

Can't wait bro... :lol:

You are probably more excited since u are setting up a new tank.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

You are probably more excited since u are setting up a new tank.

Hehe... yes I am damn excited :yeah:

Hehe... yes I am damn excited :yeah:

e word is esctatic. :lol:

Anyway i was thinking. . maybe we invest too much time in this hobby, need to take a break.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

:)

post-34-1155448801.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Anyway i was thinking. . maybe we invest too much time in this hobby, need to take a break.

Emm... what else you suggest we do? Spend more time with families and friends? I'm doing that already (trying at least)... probably we are in different stages bro, I'm still relatively new... so kinda excites me still... :lol:

Wah is that you bro? No wonder you can't afford a Deltec skimmer anymore :lol::lol::lol: It must be a daunting task to fill it up with gasoline nowadays :pinch:

Wah is that you bro? No wonder you can't afford a Deltec skimmer anymore :lol::lol::lol: It must be a daunting task to fill it up with gasoline nowadays :pinch:

haha. . i was doing a test drive. . . love the engine man. . Bose sound system. . fantastic.

Anyway as i was saying. . yea think i gonna take a break, if not everyday have to worry about my fishes. Think they more pampered than me. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Bro... I don't get it leh... what you mean by taking a break? Your tank is 1 month old only leh... break from SRC understood lah... but break from worrying about your fishes? Emm... you wanna clarify? :unsure:

And what does a test-drive has to do with you not pampering your fishes anymore?