250G 6x2.5x2.5ft Reef Project

acidjazz

Kenny, most reefers who thought that my tank was crowded change their mind when they actually see it. Its really not as crowded as it sounds.

Besides, some livestock have been removed in the last few weeks. . the no. of fishes in my tank has drop by about 10. . .

I did not just add the bubblemaster, but the denitrator as well.

Other than tt, i have been cultivating a refugim filled with algae to export some of the extra nutrients level.

To keep the stingrays, i am tearing down a mountain of rocks to allow more space on the sand bed.

i still think people who keep birds in a one footer cage is worst than keeping fishes.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have personally saw the tank .. seriously it doesnt look as over stock as u guys think it is :lol:

ben, nice meeting you the other day. Are the live rocks sufficent for your tank? :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member
i still think people who keep birds in a one footer cage is worst than keeping fishes.

Thats a whole different arguement :P

Ok granted...i've yet to see ur tank so can't accurately comment on it....i'll reserve my comments in the future.

Good luck with the tank... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Thats a whole different arguement :P

Ok granted...i've yet to see ur tank so can't accurately comment on it....i'll reserve my comments in the future.

Good luck with the tank... ;)

i have the alcohol. . . just drop me a ring when u are around my area. . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

ben, nice meeting you the other day. Are the live rocks sufficent for your tank? :)

that 3 or 4 kg piece of LR almost flood my tank :lol: ... it was bigger than i tot it was. maybe because of the size of your tank. got to remove some water before putting it in and yup it was sufficient.

yea the rocks are doing fine now. did some rescape everything fits in nicely. thanks for the rocks !

cheers

• SRC Member

urmz. i think the word overstocking is very subjective. 30 fishes in a 3 footer is not considered overstocking to some, but is already way beyond the extremes to others.

so i would say, juz offer a word of advice to the reefer in question. whether he chooses to take up that advice is entirely up to him. no point having a huge arguement here which will get nowhere at the end of the day.

paul is already experienced enuff. he knows what he is doing. leave him to it.

that 3 or 4 kg piece of LR almost flood my tank :lol: ... it was bigger than i tot it was. maybe because of the size of your tank. got to remove some water before putting it in and yup it was sufficient.

yea the rocks are doing fine now. did some rescape everything fits in nicely. thanks for the rocks !

cheers

ben, post some pictures to impress us!!! :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

urmz. i think the word overstocking is very subjective. 30 fishes in a 3 footer is not considered overstocking to some, but is already way beyond the extremes to others.

so i would say, juz offer a word of advice to the reefer in question. whether he chooses to take up that advice is entirely up to him. no point having a huge arguement here which will get nowhere at the end of the day.

bro, i understand that as much as i like to have my own ocean at home, i still have some reponsibility.

Experience is something tt can be accumulated over time. If u ask me about sps, frankly i dun have the ability to substain sps. As for lps and fishes, i do have a teeny wenny bit of XP. :P

cheers!!

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Hey colin,

Firstly...no huge arguement has broken out...nor is there any danger of one happening...i believe Paul knows me enough to know that i'll voice my opinion if i feel the need...but it's not with the purpose to directly flame him...but more of concern.

Secondly, i agree with you that "overstocking" is very subjective....the other tricky part is, even when listing the number of fishes in a tank, the size of the fishes play a role in ascertaining how "overstocked" a tank can be. 60 gobies in a 6 footer is not the same as 30 tangs in one.....so in realising this, as i mentioned, i'll reserve my comments in the future simply cos i've really yet to see Paul's tank.

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

haha ok here is the pic.. quite pathetic lar :) .. this is the view from one of the sides.. the front glass panel is covered by a layer of algae.. didnt have time to clean because having exams now. :pinch:

sorry for the poor photo shooting skill.. tank is spec 3 X 1.5 X 1.5

post-34-1156746411.jpg

Love the Sailfin :lol: I'm gonna get myself one soon :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

been with me for at least 6 to 7 months .. super fat .. super aggressive.. responsible for the death of several similiar size fish i introduced in the past as well. it also live up to the tangs nick name -- "sh*tting machine" :pinch:

been with me for at least 6 to 7 months .. super fat .. super aggressive.. responsible for the death of several similiar size fish i introduced in the past as well. it also live up to the tangs nick name -- "sh*tting machine" :pinch:

Oh... didn't know they can be so aggressive... emm... I shall plan properly then :unsure: Thanks for sharing bro :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

no problem.. make sure its the last if u wanna introduce lar.. that joker there will attack my hand if i stick it into the tank.. wont attack other smaller fish like clowns and chromis.. generally attacks angels and other tangs.. ;)

Finally bought the shovel nose shark. In addition, i also bought a 3.5 inch chervron tang from ah beng.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Wah another CHEVY!!! :lol::lol::lol: PIX PIX PIX :yeah::yeah::yeah:

am i pretty?

post-34-1156773839.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

;)

post-34-1156773899.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

chervy.

post-34-1156773976.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

:)

post-34-1156774037.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Terror!

post-34-1156774098.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: