250G 6x2.5x2.5ft Reef Project

acidjazz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmp big deal i got 2 fishes 2 shrimps! LOL ...

haha. . . . with 48 fishes and counting. . my final last few additions wld be. . .

Achilles Tang

Black Tang

Chervon Tang

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Thanks bro Acidjazz for your suggestion... oh yeah forgot you ran your 4 footer with aa 1/5hp... what temperature you set last time and how long does it take to chill 1ºC down? I need to know what to expect :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro you fully stocked your 6 footer so quickly? Within a month only... then no fun already lar ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

jervis, my previous tank was 4x2x2 ft, took approx 45-50 min to chill, kick in about 70-75 min later. . so its still pretty not bad considering its only 1/5 hp.

lyz77: No la havent got the AT yet. . planning to once there's stock. I sort of reserve one from lfs, if lfs call me i will let u guys noe. But muz let me choose first! haha. .

Black tang order also need 3-4 months waiting time. . lol. . can slowly wait. . . . bro neokn u got one already right?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

jervis, my previous tank was 4x2x2 ft, took approx 45-50 min to chill, kick in about 70-75 min later. . so its still pretty not bad considering its only 1/5 hp.

Ok... your total volume (plus sump) definitely more than my new tank by 10% to 15%... you used MH somemore... so I am quite confident the 1/5hp will do for the time being unless I decide to upgrade to MH also.

Thanks bro :bow:

Ok... your total volume (plus sump) definitely more than my new tank by 10% to 15%... you used MH somemore... so I am quite confident the 1/5hp will do for the time being unless I decide to upgrade to MH also.

Thanks bro :bow:

yup. . since u teraing down the percula 90. . might as well use back the chiller and get another one for ur tank.

If u plan to go 5 feet at hm, 1/4 hp can chill. 6 ft definately need 1/3hp.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

lyz77: No la havent got the AT yet. . planning to once there's stock. I sort of reserve one from lfs, if lfs call me i will let u guys noe. But muz let me choose first! haha. .

Black tang order also need 3-4 months waiting time. . lol. . can slowly wait. . . . bro neokn u got one already right?

Can PM me which LFS u order the fish from? :lol:

:thanks:

Guys. . . my worries are. . will the Deltec 851 be a lot more efficent than my bullet beckett skimmer. Its a $1300 equipment. . gotta think properly.

My beckett is not performing a lousy job either. . questions questions questions. . .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
Guys. . . my worries are. . will the Deltec 851 be a lot more efficent than my bullet beckett skimmer. Its a $1300 equipment. . gotta think properly.

My beckett is not performing a lousy job either. . questions questions questions. . .

Will it be more cost saving in terms of electric bills if u convert to Deltec?

Will it be more cost saving in terms of electric bills if u convert to Deltec?

I believe so... but sometimes I think we overated the "energy saving" part... really... and I am one to blame also...

Say with the conversion of Beckett to Deltec saves $10/month

Say the price difference between the Deltec and the Beckett is $600

That will take 60 months to be able to reflect the true savings... now that is a freaking 5 years long!!!

Emm... ;)

Bro... to be frank with you... I think you might be disappointed with this $1300 investment...

Firstly:

"The European AP851 is fitted with 1 Eheim pump drawing in 600lts of air per hour".

Now a single Eheim producing 600lts of air is not really that impressive for your tank size and for that kinda money.

Secondly:

"For Aquariums up to Heavy Stocking 1000 L (222 Gal) / Normal Stocking 1500 L (333 Gal)"

This model is considered barely sufficient for your tank volume and stocking habit (I believe you feed a lot too)... your tank exceeds 1000L for sure... so why are you buying an underated skimmer with $1300?

I'm just afraid you will become upset with the performance as you have such high hope on Deltec... Deltec is good (very good)... but no point spending so much money on an underated model... probably your Beckett can skim better in the end of the day :erm:

Why not save up a little and go for the next bigger model? The AP702 is more suitable for you... really... and that costs a $1000 more... I know how difficult it is... now you know why I don't dare to jump straight to a 6 footer :lol: Because they require a different set of equipments all together... different league perhaps semi-commercial already :)

Same thing for Chiller I think... always buy 1 size up... and if Arctica is too expensive... then look for other alternative brand like Teco/Hailea/Resun lor... :lol: ... now that sounds so so familiar B)

All the best to your quest bro... I'll be watching :)

• SRC Member

Hey Paul,

Jervis has a good point about the under rated skimmer....why don't u have a word with Sugi and have him build you a model with either 2 eheim 1260 or Aquabee 200i on an 8 inch chamber? It'll probably be cheaper than the Deltec 851 but rated for a much larger capacity tank...in fact probably in line with a 702? It looks like it should be more than able to handle your tank...

Another good point by Jervis...don't get too hung up about getting a deltec... ;)

Good luck with the decisions....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

lyz77: Between the deltec and beckett, the energy consumption is approx the same. Resun Md40 consumes 80 watt. Eheim1260 consumes 60-65 watt and the feeding pump which is aquabee 2000 consumes 18 watt. So its 80 watt versus 78 watt.

Jervis: you are always so detail. . guess it comes with ur job. . :lol: Yea i do have super high expectations for the deltec. . don't think i can afford the deltec702 model though. Anyway the price difference between the deltec702 model and bubbleking is only $500.

With $1000 budget for the skimmer, my choices are slightly limited. Unless yopu are recommending me to use the ATI bubblemaster?

Kenny: i check with Sugi the price for 2 model pumps. . its almost $2000. haha. . cost more than my tank already. . you guys are making me think twice about this investment. At the end of the day, still wan a value-for-money skimmer.

p.s. i read in reefcentral tt this reefer is using a Deltec851 for his 350 gallon tank. I guess we singaporeans are always more on the defensive side and wld rather get something bigger than smaller. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
Kenny: i check with Sugi the price for 2 model pumps. . its almost $2000. haha. . cost more than my tank already. .  you guys are making me think twice about this investment. At the end of the day, still wan a value-for-money skimmer.

Did you check on the model with the 2 aquabee 2000i instead? I'm guessing that the 2 grand price tag is more cos they're using the 1260.....the single aquabee 2000i model only cost SGD850...i find it hard to believe that adding an additional pump to it would cost that much more.

Also note that the 850 price tag is for the 8 inch diameter model, Sugi mentioned that he plans to retail his 6 inch diameter model with the same 2000i pump for only 600. So my best guess is that the 2x 2000i model shouldn't cost more than 1500. In fact, if i were to try and deduce the price of the 2000i just based on the price difference between the 8inch and 6inch model, it can't be more than 400 dollars....factoring in the additional drilling and mounting etc....really should be much less than 1500....

But that's just me...and i don't manufacture skimmers so this is just best guess ;) Either way....it's worth checking out.... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

lyz77: I dun noe the model number, but its the smallest range for Bubbleking, which definately can still suppoort my 6 footer. At the moment, deltec702, deltec901 and bubbleking is out of my league.

Kenny: i did check with Sugi and i have no idea why that additional pump cost almost double the price!!!

Beckett is good, just the high power consumption. However, in this case, power consumption is not really my number 1 concern but the well being of the tank.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

lyz77: I dun noe the model number, but its the smallest range for Bubbleking, which definately can still suppoort my 6 footer. At the moment, deltec702, deltec901 and bubbleking is out of my league.

Bro negative... the smallest Bubble King will not support your tank properly as it is under-rated for your tank. You need the next model BK250 which is around Euro 1650 (ouch :pinch: )... I am NOT looking down on you bro... obviously what you said is true... Bubble King is definitely out of OUR league (for the time being at least). So don't suggest me get one hor... coz I can't afford it yet.

It's like... (becoz you like to own a Beemer)... with a family of 6, you die-die go and buy a BMW 3 series... but in fact all you need is a Honda Odyssey to fit all 6 members comfortably... I'm just giving you an example... I've yet to understand fully... still trying to understand it... to embed it into my daily decision makings :)

My suggestion to you, don't move. Your Beckett is doing fine. Unless you start to get high A N N readings... (you know I will suggest this)... wait and see how the ATI Bubble Master works... observe for while first before deciding... there must be a reason the ATI BM is getting such good reviews in Germany and Zeovit.com... looking at your situation... Deltec is not an option anymore (sorry to say that :( )

post-34-1154412346.jpg

Thanks bro. . the ATI bubblemaster sld cost at least $1200. . and dunno when it will be launch also. .

Deltec701 or Deltec851 sld serve me well. . . my bullet beckett is rated for maximum 5 footer also. . :lol:

thanks for showing me the specs!

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

jervis, think for the moment i will settle for Deltec 851 model first. The 702 model and 901 model is more than double the price.

Btw the bubblemaster is overrated. . i dun think its powerful enuff for 3000 litres tank.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Ok lah... get the Deltec 851 lah... dun wan to confuse you anymore... but if you decide to change later... maybe can let me know lah... I might start another tank early next year :lol: Or maybe we exchange lor... with my ATI BubbleMaster :lol:

Ok lah... get the Deltec 851 lah... dun wan to confuse you anymore... but if you decide to change later... maybe can let me know lah... I might start another tank early next year :lol: Or maybe we exchange lor... with my ATI BubbleMaster :lol:

haha. . deal. . bring ur bubblemaster to my place and we can test out which one can skim out more. . or i can lend u the deltec. . :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
Thanks bro. . the ATI bubblemaster sld cost at least $1200. . and dunno when it will be launch also. .

Deltec701 or Deltec851 sld serve me well. . . my bullet beckett is rated for maximum 5 footer also. .  :lol:

thanks for showing me the specs!

hi P, glad to see your BIG tank is running well :rolleyes:

hmm... just wonder... ATI bubblemaster cost at least $1200, why not use deltec AP851? since needlewheel is proved that it works perfect for the marine tank :P

P, for your tank size, if you wanna keep sps, AP902 is a good size for your tank. if you just keeping softy and lps and fishes... AP851 is good enough. i have a friend who uses APF600 for his 6ft... and it serves him well :D cos he is just keeping lps :P

i am using AP851 for my 3ft tank :P

age.png