newbie tank questions

Well, my search for my 6ft tank wif cabinet and sump have ended with a few quote between the region of 1.9-2.5K.... All with good word of mouth gather from SRC... Saw a 4 ft tank at T@p@c selling at 1.5K if i remembered correctly. Stainless steel stand/w doors and sump!!!

Cheers :D

I got quoted 1.2k for 4 by 2 by 2.5 (ft) 12mm thick full euro bracing, cabinet, sump, piping inclusive of check valve for the sump flow and return flow to tank.

damn now I'm damn tempted to sign on the dotted line. :P obviously not chengai wood, and cabinet is pre-fabricated in malaysia. so yah.

• SRC Member

Deon? hmm care to share his contacts with me or something? :P

anyways was quoted by a tank maker on arofan website for 1.2k inclusive of sump, cabinet, piping and the works for a 4 by 2 by 2.5 12mm thick.

hmm

damn tempted now but I know I need to shop around somemore. so your contact for that...Deon person/place will be good. (=

Hi, mi interested too...., could u Pm me the tank maker of arofanatics.. :D is it davidsws ? :eyebrow:

Hi, mi interested too...., could u Pm me the tank maker of arofanatics.. :D is it davidsws ? :eyebrow:

yup! in fact I went down today to take a look at his tank. his name is Gerald or something. really nice guy actually, spent about half hour telling me the schematics about the tank. and he's got a marine setup in the living room and he uses it as an example to show the sump function/partitioning and what not.

highly recommended by many people from arofan and some folks from here, so...I guess I'll get my tank from him. eh you want? we get together. then maybe got discount. let me know! I'm contactable at 97912405....Terrence here by the way.

looking forward to linking up with you. (=

• SRC Member

Thanks Terry for the information, maybe i should pay him a visit first b4 I decide further..... :D:D:D, Anyway I'm checking with another tank maker in arofanatic also... waiting for a quote, most of my friend purchase from him, cos the quality of the tank is v.good. :yeah: , Let me check it out first n give u a call.... maybe its cheaper .... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

yup! in fact I went down today to take a look at his tank. his name is Gerald or something. really nice guy actually, spent about half hour telling me the schematics about the tank. and he's got a marine setup in the living room and he uses it as an example to show the sump function/partitioning and what not.

highly recommended by many people from arofan and some folks from here, so...I guess I'll get my tank from him. eh you want? we get together. then maybe got discount. let me know! I'm contactable at 97912405....Terrence here by the way.

looking forward to linking up with you. (=

Hi,

I dont think davidsws's name is Gerald........

By the nick......His name is david........

probably different person we are talking about here.......

• SRC Member

Hey terrence,

Jus got a quote from him its $620 for 4 X 2 X 2.5 12mm all round + 3ft sump including piping..... as for cabinet, had ask a reliable cabinet maker its $ 370, in total = $ 990.00. isit it cheaper......as for reliability, so far no complains from my friends that had purchase from him before ( ALL BIG TANKS 5-6FT) .......very good quality.. :lol:

• SRC Member

Hello tank buyer, saw one 3 feet with sump / cabinet / skimmer that cost

only $750 very nice and good buy, located at fish farm Sungei Tengah opps

farm mart. Walk down the slope and turn left (at the end), they also sell coral and fish. They have a sample tank with coral and fishes on display. If i don't have any tank i will get that one.

Hey terrence,

Jus got a quote from him its $620 for 4 X 2 X 2.5 12mm all round + 3ft sump including piping..... as for cabinet, had ask a reliable cabinet maker its $ 370, in total = $ 990.00. isit it cheaper......as for reliability, so far no complains from my friends that had purchase from him before ( ALL BIG TANKS 5-6FT) .......very good quality.. :lol:

EH EH EH! PM me the lobang! :P

• SRC Member
Hello tank buyer, saw one 3 feet with sump / cabinet / skimmer that cost

only $750 very nice and good buy, located at fish farm Sungei Tengah opps

farm mart. Walk down the slope and turn left (at the end), they also sell coral and fish. They have a sample tank with coral and fishes on display. If i don't have any tank i will get that one.

Hello..... bros, we are looking for 4 X 2 X 2.5 12mm all round......not 3 X lol lol :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

brother,

Lets not get confused over who is who.....n let me try to clear out the air.

David as i mentioned has the nick in Arofanatics as davidsws.

Gerald as u mentioned has a nick in Arofanatics as Tank_Maker

confirmed..........they are 2 different person.............

both also make tanks.........

brother,

Lets not get confused over who is who.....n let me try to clear out the air.

David as i mentioned has the nick in Arofanatics as davidsws.

Gerald as u mentioned has a nick in Arofanatics as Tank_Maker

confirmed..........they are 2 different person.............

both also make tanks.........

OH oops! sorry my bad. :P

sorry lah. my brain is loaded with chemistry equations, physics formulas and goodness knows what else. exams coming round the corner.

once again sorry. (=

you have yet to PM me the lobang for your tank maker leh....the one where you said was very cheap or something like that. hehz.

oh yah I got a few other quotations via PM/SMS/friends.....quite good as well. why don't I consolidate the offers for all the tanks, and then I create them as one lump posting/PM to you. then the two of us can consider and go get it made together, with a better price from the tank maker hopefully. (=

cheers and eh. remember to PM me the lobang hor. :P

Hello ppl!! :(

Juz my 2cents worth....... I bought 2 tanks from kelantan lane tank maker.

1) 2.5ftx2ftx1.5ft with internal IOS - $130

2) 3ftx1.5x1.5 with internal IOS - $170 (I think, can't remember, hehehe)

Both tank r 8mm thick and using blue tinted glass on 3 sides. I think if u want 10 or 12mm thickness and bigger dimension, maybe it would cost arnd less than $400.

I'm not trying to "potong jalan" or promote the kelantan lane shop, but if it's helping to save $$$$ during these bad times to upkeep our "expensive" hobby, I guess why not....... Not to say that the tank makers in arofanatics chrg high price, it's juz my way of saving $$$$ but I guess or think they make the best quality tank.

Anyway, juz my 2cents worth........ hope it doesn't offend anybody!! :angel::angel:

Hello ppl!! :(

Juz my 2cents worth....... I bought 2 tanks from kelantan lane tank maker.

1) 2.5ftx2ftx1.5ft with internal IOS - $130

2) 3ftx1.5x1.5 with internal IOS - $170 (I think, can't remember, hehehe)

Both tank r 8mm thick and using blue tinted glass on 3 sides. I think if u want 10 or 12mm thickness and bigger dimension, maybe it would cost arnd less than $400.

I'm not trying to "potong jalan" or promote the kelantan lane shop, but if it's helping to save $$$$ during these bad times to upkeep our "expensive" hobby, I guess why not....... Not to say that the tank makers in arofanatics chrg high price, it's juz my way of saving $$$$ but I guess or think they make the best quality tank.

Anyway, juz my 2cents worth........ hope it doesn't offend anybody!! :angel::angel:

but from what I heard, they don't come with cabinets right? )=