Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

thats why i hate reefing when i am still a student. i cant sustain it. not at all. and dun tell me to sell the set. cos the only reason that i am still hanging on to it is cos my mum loves it, and even my dad is starting to appreciate it. no more complaints bout the bill already. even though its taking a hell lot of money out of me every month to juz maintain it.

I understand how difficult it is... even working people like me sometimes question myself on sustainability... that's why I tend to be more careful nowadays with consumables.

Too bad my mum and dad are not here to enjoy my fish tank :cry: They are abroad :nc: But I do show them photographs though :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enuff of diluting this thread.. haha! sorry Jervis!

juz curious, wat is your blue eyes feeding on now??? do you think they will eat flakes? i am thinking of getting a few. but i cant afford having them die. haha

My thread is as good as Talkingcock.com (I wish :lol: ) So don't be afraid... there's no real objective for the thread anymore btw... there's only that much I can show of my old LS :lol: (Refer below btw... my elusive Black Cap)

BE Anthias are one of the easiest to feed and one which doesn't require constant feeding (at least not as much as other Anthias i.e. Purple Queen).

My 2 specimens feed on everything (except seaweed and local po choy) :lol: They love pellets (all brands). Actually, no special formula lah... just that I bought 2 feeding specimens from AM the last time. These were the 2 remainings in their tank coz their scales were slightly damaged... so AM been keeping them alive in their tank for a few weeks before I bought them. AM fed the BE's before I bought. Guess I was lucky or not bring choosey.

They are costly... a FEW of them means 3-digit investments... but they are definitely worth it :)

post-34-1156159971.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My Nemo stealing food from my "C" CUP :lol: Notice the unique pattern on its body? :)

post-34-1156161588.jpg

My Red Duo... seldom featured :)

post-34-1156161704.jpg

Nic pics bro.. :bow:

What camera and lens are u using? Always curious as to how you manage those superb shot :unsure:

Hehe... you must have thought I'm one of those guys with extra long lenses + extra heavy cameras... :lol: Actually I'm just using a point-n-shoot Sony digital camera. Handy and super large LCD. I must admit... I rely very much on photo import/edit software iPhoto on my Mac. That's how I manage to pump up the sharpness and contrast of the photos.

The next thing I wanna invest in is a compact Olympus digital camera. Fully waterproof... I wanna put the entire camera into the tank and take close up shots (eliminating the glass). Cool huh? :lol: Imagine those SPS shots in close up :wub:

The Xenia-looking Hitchiker that comes with the Zoas colony... scary :shock::shock::shock:

post-34-1156171555.jpg

Is my water too clean?!?

No more cotton candy foam... has not changed tank water for 3 weeks... been running the second skimmer for 3 days now (see next post)

post-34-1156171820.jpg

Installing back the AquaMedic Turboflotor Percula into the system... coz I will be handing over the Deltec MCE600 to a reefer end of next month... same here... no foam at all :)

You guys think if I am to connect a Bubble King now... will it skim? (Skim what the Turboflotor or MCE600 can't) :unsure:

post-34-1156171984.jpg

bro can try a BK to find out! haha :D

anyway beware the xenia might kill the zoos.

Bro... I would love to own one... really... I'm crossing my fingers now... even a mini-BK will do :lol::lol::lol: I am so obsessed nowadays with energy efficiency... I am aiming to run the most efficient reef tank in Singapore :lol: (with full equipments lah... not Mr. Lees method)

Nah... that Xenia colony doesn't affect the Zoos much... they co-exist well... somehow ;)

your water too clean already la.

cant even skim any shit out with such a good skimmer. maybe dont skime for 1 night.

Probably should off 1 of them... waste energy... here's my last pix of the day... sleepy time for my Spotted Mandarin and my T.Gigas :snore::snore::snore:

post-34-1156178746.jpg

haha yeah. my life is actually in quite a mess now. in shambles more like it. but yeah, gotta find things to restore it back to normal. but sometimes its juz kinda hard to. when everything is closely knitted.

Don't worry bro... life's hard at your stage with so much changes in life... everything come and go so rapidly... but once you get older... you will kinda miss the younger days... like my life now is so so stable, predictable and boring... if not reefing... I'll probably rot at home :P So enjoy it while you are young!

Talking about "come and go"... someone in the tank must go soon... made me very angry last night before I sleep... very very angry :angry::angry::angry:

Luckily got photo caught in the act... will update you guys tonight <_< Every reefers nightmare :cry2:

Here's the pix!!! The entire Gonio branch dropped to the sand bed... luckily missed my T. Croceas :angry: Culprit caught in action!!!

I will keep the Reef Hermit in this tank since it will be converted into FOWLR very soon... new tank will arrive this Saturday :D

post-34-1156249174.jpg

can try use epoxy to stick the gonio to the LR?

I do use Epoxy for certain corals... but this piece of Gonio was very stable sitting on the LR... never expect the Reef Hermit to be so strong... well... all these will be over soon as I MUST transfer my corals over as I will move the chiller to the new tank :lol: No chiller = no corals :huh:

i like your spotted mandarin. Very the cute.

Yeah she's quite cute... unfortunately I chosen a female specimen (can't differentiate when I started reefing) ;) A male specimen will look even more impressive with bolder fins :nc: This Mandarin is one of my longest fish... outlasting my 2 Chromis and 2 Skunk Clowns :shock:

Since WOW server is down today for maintenance... I'll have plenty of time to do a major pictorial update tonight :lol:

I'll start with my Red Gonio... been with me for 4 months now... very small specimen when I bought it (about the size of a golf ball)... notice the new growth on the side of the rock? The Gonio came attached to a piece of LR :lol: Hopefully by end of the year... they will cover the entire rock :nc:

Notice also the beautiful Coralline Algae growth on top of the Red Gonio? Thanks to Caribsea AragaMilk and Purple Up (refer to product review by bro Altantis, available at RD) :lol:

post-34-1156256192.jpg

Cup Coral opening more than ever... especially these few days... been with me for around 2 months now :) Tremendous growth on the sides... can see new mouths forming :P

I hope the tentacles will continue to grow longer as I've seen some really impressive extension in some reefers' tanks :bow:

post-34-1156256445.jpg

The same Cup Coral (Satellite Dish) in SPS photographic style :lol:

post-34-1156256641.jpg

Seldom featured BE Anthias... this specimen is slowly morphing into a male :)

post-34-1156262545.jpg

My Merulina... very slow growth :lol: The newly acquired Red Spotted Mushroom is still settling down... expect them to open bigger in a week time :) From this pix, you can tell how desperate I am in fighting the battle with algae growth :o

Once I transfered my corals to the new tank, I will slowly do water change using DI water only... no more tap water :angry:

post-34-1156262750.jpg