Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Beauty and the Beast :lol:

The lights are already off now... let me see if I can spot any tentacles... if yes then it is a Bubbles :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

post-34-1153327314.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute... does this look like a Prata to you guys? ;) This is so so fun :D and I am such a newbie :unsure: (a very confused one)

post-34-1153328367.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Beauty and the Beast :lol:

The lights are already off now... let me see if I can spot any tentacles... if yes then it is a Bubbles :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

from the pic its does look like a red bubble :blink: anyway keep the pics coming!!

Jervis,

I spotted Hair aglae beside the Red Prata.

So it is a Red Prata? Err... I paid a small amount only leh for it... can someone enlighten me what's the market price for a Red Prata around 3.5" diameter (skeleton only) :unsure:

Hair Algae? Not surprising... I have all sorts of Algae/Sponges growing in parts of my tank... kinda like the look though... very natural looking :lol: As long as they don't look like brown diatom... I will not be too bothered by it... or should I?

I know... I know... I am not using RO/DI water ;)

• SRC Member

Red prata range between $80 to $200, I reckon. But I haven't been buying these corals for quite a long while already, I might be wrong.

If you ask me abt Zoas I can tell you :D :D.

If you love algae, you would loved my tank. Infested with hair algae due to not using DI water. :sick::sick:

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Red prata range between $80 to $200, I reckon. But I haven't been buying these corals for quite a long while already, I might be wrong.

If you ask me abt Zoas I can tell you :D :D.

If you love algae, you would loved my tank. Infested with hair algae due to not using DI water. :sick:  :sick:

I know... that's the problem for not using proper water for our tank... but those algae can be a rich food source especially during my long vacations... my annual holidays usually stretch to 3 weeks long! ;) ... coming this December.

I am planning to run a FR (whenever I top up new water) inside my freshwater bucket... any bros/sis doing it right now? Do you think it will help? I am also planning to use the same FR to purify salt mix overnight before adding to the main tank. With proper media, I'm sure it will help in a certain degree right? :P

If that is a Red Prata... I only paid a fraction of that range lor... furthermore is it quite a healthy-looking piece... must really thank the kind bro fulfilling my dream of owning a Pink/Red Prata... finally :P

• SRC Member

I know... that's the problem for not using proper water for our tank... but those algae can be a rich food source especially during my long vacations... my annual holidays usually stretch to 3 weeks long! ;) ... coming this December.

I am planning to run a FR (whenever I top up new water) inside my freshwater bucket... any bros/sis doing it right now? Do you think it will help? I am also planning to use the same FR to purify salt mix overnight before adding to the main tank. With proper media, I'm sure it will help in a certain degree right? :P

If that is a Red Prata... I only paid a fraction of that range lor... furthermore is it quite a healthy-looking piece... must really thank the kind bro fulfilling my dream of owning a Pink/Red Prata... finally :P

From the picture, definitely look like a red prata or what they call cynarina aka button coral.

Yes, that should be the price base on the size of the skeleton given. (Even though I got it cheaper once with anothe reefer due to bulk purchase. But the skeleton is abt 2" or more only)

If you have just got it recently, that explains the reason why the skeleton is showing.

As for your FR plan during topup, it's feasible but most pple have FR on their main tank. But that doesn't mean that your idea is wrong.

What Salt are you using that you need to purify it? I being using Coral Life since day 1 of my hobby, no impurities detected with my ###### eyes.

Here are some interesting info...

Pix: Shot of my Purple Goniopora 1 hour after introduction... the polyps extended to around 1" yesterday... but still not fully bloomed yet.

Interesting RARE LS WEBSITE provided by a kind reefer :lol:

PURPLE GONIOPORA

Blue/Purple Gonipora is rarely available, never available more than a few pieces at a time, and the waiting list is a mile long! If ordering this coral (from anyone), don't be surprised if you don't get it. This is not an item to base an order around.

Blue/Purple Gonipora is one of the most sought after and least frequently available varieties.

WOW :shock::shock::shock:

post-34-1153368072.jpg

• SRC Member
Here are some interesting info...

Pix: Shot of my Purple Goniopora 1 hour after introduction... the polyps extended to around 1" yesterday... but still not fully bloomed yet.

Interesting RARE LS WEBSITE provided by a kind reefer  :lol:

PURPLE GONIOPORA

Blue/Purple Gonipora is rarely available, never available more than a few pieces at a time, and the waiting list is a mile long! If ordering this coral (from anyone), don't be surprised if you don't get it. This is not an item to base an order around.

Blue/Purple Gonipora is one of the most sought after and least frequently available varieties.

WOW  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Jervis,

That is because Asia market snatch up all before it can be export to States mah. That's why RC pple envy us on Corals like these while we envy them on the wide range of Carribbean, Red Sea n Ha'waii fishes.

That is because Asia market snatch up all before it can be export to States mah. That's why RC pple envy us on Corals like these while we envy them on the wide range of Carribbean, Red Sea n Ha'waii fishes.

IC... but regardless... I really need to take good care of this piece... make sure it thrives... I don't think Purple Goniopora is a common coral B)

What Salt are you using that you need to purify it? I being using Coral Life since day 1 of my hobby, no impurities detected with my ###### eyes.

I'm using Marine Environment salt... but the problem lies with the tap water... although I am already using a canister-type domestic water purifier (Mitsubishi brand) as first line of defense... but I still feel that the large amount of tap water can do more harm than good everytime I do a 5% water change...

I now see it as fertilizer for my algae... so everytime the algae see me doing water change... they will jump in rejoice!!! ;););)

• SRC Member

I'm using Marine Environment salt... but the problem lies with the tap water... although I am already using a canister-type domestic water purifier (Mitsubishi brand) as first line of defense... but I still feel that the large amount of tap water can do more harm than good everytime I do a 5% water change...

I now see it as fertilizer for my algae... so everytime the algae see me doing water change... they will jump in rejoice!!! ;););)

In that case you can try NSW rather than Salt Mix as tap water intro too much PO4 into your tank.

In that case you can try NSW rather than Salt Mix as tap water intro too much PO4 into your tank.

Bro... carrying bags of salt water is not very "lifestyle" leh... :lol::lol::lol: I think I will try the FR method... I am quite positive it will work :P

• SRC Member

Bro... carrying bags of salt water is not very "lifestyle" leh... :lol::lol::lol: I think I will try the FR method... I am quite positive it will work :P

In that case, ask Nim75sg to do a bulk order of the TWF DI water filtration then. It cost only S$80 with media capable of filtering 500L of water.

Bro Jervis, I can see that the quality of your new corals is getting better and better leh.... :lol:

Quality as in money dumped in? That I have to admit... but whether they will do well... I am still strugling... after selling all my beginners corals... now I have new challenges to face... exquisite corals normally come with exquisite care and water quality... I must learn very very quickly :rolleyes:

But nothing compared to your bunches and bunches of SPS :lol: Oh this weekend PR will have some nice SPS shipment B)

Ok just to entertain bro Lyz77... added a piece of flat 1.5' across LR (weighing 2.5kg) to the top of the tank, forming a flat surface 7" below water surface... with strong current... strong lighting... flat surface... I wonder what should I keep to fill up this area :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I am also figuring out how many days it take for AragaMilk to stimulate purple coralline algae on this white/clean piece of cured LR.

post-34-1153394931.jpg

SO the red bubble is a cynarina?

The smaller piece confirm not Bubbles... look more like Cynarina/Prata ;)

post-34-1153401286.jpg

The larger piece does look like Bubbles... but it doesn't show veins (those translucent texture usually seen on larger bubbles) and there isn't any tentacles at night... so I really dunno ;)

post-34-1153401478.jpg

Hehe... my Leopard Wrasse is officially recovered... no more torn tail and injured scales :lol: ... wow quicker than I'd expected :P

post-34-1153401918.jpg

Amazing coral... it's almost perfect circle :lol: Will the tentacles (polyps) extend further?

post-34-1153402362.jpg

My Bi-colour Prata... drooping down... off the cliff :lol: and it looks hungry... well tomorrow is baby shrimp day :yeah::yeah::yeah:

post-34-1153404073.jpg

What an annoying... yet lovable hitchiker... after putting it in a high flow area... the tentacles grew violently... it's kinda scary actually :unsure:

post-34-1153404248.jpg